Windows 10: Spinning dots during start up

Discus and support Spinning dots during start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a nextbook 10.1 2 in 1 and I cant get rid of the spinning dots. I tried restarting 3 or more times to get to safe mode but it didnt go.What can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rhonda d2, Jan 24, 2021.

1. rhonda d2 Win User

Spinning dots during start up

I have a nextbook 10.1 2 in 1 and I cant get rid of the spinning dots. I tried restarting 3 or more times to get to safe mode but it didnt go.What can I do now? Im getting frustrated. I need to get this fixed before my classes start. PLEASE HELP ME!

:)

rhonda d2, Jan 24, 2021

2. Windows Won't Start - Infinite Spinning Circle of Dots

No power failures or electrical storms. No changes made to the system (though when I shut down four hours earlier, it took a bit longer than usual, leading me to believe that an automatic update may have been installed). Was there an automatic update pushed
    out on March 1st?

Yes, POST and BIOS appear to be fine. No warnings, beeps, or logged errors. The BIOS configuration appears to be unchanged. Drives are all recognized and the RAID 1 array shows both drives "functional."

Again, I cannot get to the recovery menu. All attempts to power up this machine end up at the infinite spinning dots.

Same thing with the Windows 10 installation DVD - spinning dots. I cannot get to the recovery menu or even re-install Windows.

There's not much more detail I can provide. It's always the same:

• Press the computer's power button
    • Computer displays routine startup BIOS status messages - no warnings; all SATA drives are recognized
    • Computer displays black screen with "Asus" logo and message at bottom of screen: "Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting."
    • Computer's USB keyboard and mouse are functional - I can press Del or F2 to enter BIOS
    • Computer displays RAID configuration with all drives status "functional"
    • Computer's USB keyboard and mouse are still functional - I can press Ctrl + I to enter RAID config utility
    • Black screen with "Asus" logo appears
    • Spinning dots appear under "Asus" logo
    • NumLock light on keyboard goes out
    • Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del has no effect - keyboard appears to be non-functional
    • Nothing else happens - spinning dots keep spinning indefinitely

The only change to this routine is that every third reboot produces the "Preparing Automatic Repair" message in Step #7, underneath the "Asus" logo. Otherwise, everything is the same. The routine continues from Step #8 to Step #11.

And if I boot from my Windows 10 installation DVD, I'm given a message after Step #6: "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD....." Whether or not I press any keys, the routine continues without change from Step #7 to Step #11.

David_D_1138, Jan 24, 2021
  3. spinning dots

After an automatic update I am constantly getting the spinning dots during streaming to Hulu. Pausing and freezing was bad before but this is horrible. I am not very good at computers and have read other info in the community about the dots but I don't
    understand most of what the solutions mean so if anyone has a suggestion please speak very simple computer dummy....

CindyScully, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

spinning dots

Hi Cindy,

It is possible that you experience having spinning dots while streaming a video due to having an intermittent Internet connection. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this issue happen only when streaming with Hulu or with other websites also?
    • Have you tried checking if your Internet connection is intermittent?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Spinning dots during start up - Similar Threads - Spinning dots during

2. Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start: My pc will turn on and display the spinning circle of dots but won't boot windows. This has happened about a month ago, however due to school and spring break I've been unable to give it the attention it needs to be fixed. I believe that these issues happened after a power...
  3. Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start: My pc will turn on and display the spinning circle of dots but won't boot windows. This has happened about a month ago, however due to school and spring break I've been unable to give it the attention it needs to be fixed. I believe that these issues happened after a power...
  4. Infinite spinning dots/ PC won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows logo during update, no spinning dots.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows logo during update, no spinning dots.: Hi, I tried updating from my current version 1605 I think to the latest one, launched in October. All went well until the pc restarted to finish the update. Now I'm looking at windows logo, without any spinning dots and u can hear the fans working. Any ideas? Shall I...
  6. Spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots: My computer I use for my classes stated Microsoft update was due. So I waited and it auto restarted and did the update. Now all I have is spinning dots. That is it. All my student's information is on that computer plus their pictures and other events they have participated...
  7. spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    spinning dots: let me start by saying that my laptop is working perfectly, and windows 10 is working perfectly. I turn on the laptop, it's a Dell. I get the Dell logo screen as it posts. the screen blinks and the dell logo comes back on with the spinning dots. I want to change that...
  8. Spinning Dots at Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Spinning Dots at Boot Up: I have win 10 x64 on a Dell XPS 8700. It had Win 8.1. Been on Win 10 since release. Today my son went to reboot the computer and at boot, just got spinning dots. He turned it off, same thing. Got to a diagnostic and it said it could not repair. So I decided to use Acronis...
  9. STUCK on white spinning start up dots

in Windows 10 Support
    STUCK on white spinning start up dots: A few days ago my laptop (Asus X552C) started playing up, for example whenever I pressed 'sleep' it would shut down anyway. Next, the laptop completely froze; Spotify tried to reinstall, chrome wouldn't load and was stuck on the blue spinning circle etc. Therefore I had to...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots during bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on spinning dots during bootup: I upgraded Alienware Aurora Windows 7 to Windows 10 and everything was going fine. Then one day my computer restarted by itself (I didn't see but I assume it was installing an update) and afterwards it will not boot up. Every time I try to boot I see the Alienware screen,...