Windows 10: spl64wow.exe Hangs Startup of Program

Discus and support spl64wow.exe Hangs Startup of Program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently probably with an update to Windows 10 or in Windows 10 I can not start a third party program that I have used for years. It seems that I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stu E., Jun 23, 2020.

1. Stu E. Win User

spl64wow.exe Hangs Startup of Program

Recently probably with an update to Windows 10 or in Windows 10 I can not start a third party program that I have used for years. It seems that I have to go into the task manager and click on "end task" for the spl64wow.exe routine which then allows the program to continue to load.

As far as I know this is the only program that is affected.

Any suggestions?

:)

Stu E., Jun 23, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 23, 2020
  4. zephyrus Win User

some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. spl64wow.exe Hangs Startup of Program - Similar Threads - spl64wow exe Hangs

2. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe default program: Hello, I somehow changed exe's default program. I tried to reset all extension to default but it still asks for a program to open an exe file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-default-program/1eb10ee0-04bd-4a27-992a-74a9c9e8b5c3
  3. Aux exe at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aux exe at startup: Each time I start up my computer microsoft aux switch exe box appears for a few seconds. In every other respect my computer works 100%. Is this normal? What does this do? Thanks...
  4. hang at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hang at startup: gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hang-at-startup/d835b9a1-7760-4075-9390-200bc082c7dd
  5. Laptop hangs on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop hangs on startup: After loading software for a graphics tablet my old Win 10 laptop it now hangs when starting. I removed the software in safe mode but the problem still exists. None of the recovery procedures have worked therefore I think it would be best to 'refresh' the Windows software. My...
  6. Windows hanging on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows hanging on startup: The last few weeks i have been having many issues with windows. Task manager not responding. Task manager taking forever and a day to end task. Windows hanging on the loading screen when booting up. Sometimes it will hang there until i reset the computer manually. Other...
  7. programs hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs hang: I have several programs that will not start sometimes but other times they will. Itunes, Windows Media Player, and Remote Desktop will not start sometimes, they will show in task manager as running normaly and nothing in the wait chain. If I leave it and come back in a 1/2...
  8. Startup Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Hangs: Hi all, Since 2 or 3 weeks when I switch on my notebook, after loading my desktop it hangs loading startup programs. When it hangs, I can't even shut down, I have to press the power button 4 seconds to shut down. It happened with my 3 notebooks, but it remains only in one...
  9. some .exe files hang

in Windows 10 Support
    some .exe files hang: In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must...
  10. Taskbar hangs on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar hangs on startup: Hello, I'm having this really annoying problem. My taskbar totally hangs after booting my PC, I can't click the start button or the multi-desktop or notifications, the clock is stuck too, not updating. When I put the cursor on the taskbar, the loading blue disk appears and...