Windows 10: : ) Splash screen hang :)

Discus and support : ) Splash screen hang :) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When a computer boots up , the first thing seen would be the splash screen and after which it goes to windows. Mine , however , hangs at the splash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Takemi Shino, May 26, 2017.

1. : ) Splash screen hang :)

When a computer boots up , the first thing seen would be the splash screen and after which it goes to windows.

Mine , however , hangs at the splash screen.

What i have so far:

A bootable flashdrive with windows 10 installation,

1 x 250GB samsung ssd and 1 x toshiba standard hard disk of 3TB.

My test and results so far:

1) boot up with jut the 3TB drive.. boot jumps into bios immediately as it cannot detect the 3TBG drive
    It is probably damaged (and it has no windows installed on it ) , called the vendor and they are willing to replace it as it is under warranty.

2) tested with just the 250GB Samsung SSD. Bios can detect.(Great news) , however , thats it. It will not go past the splash screen.

3) SSD with bootable drive to re-install windows on SSD. Bios can detect both. So now I click boot options and select the flash drive to re-install windows.

but I get this screen https://i.imgur.com/o6IV8XL.jpg. From the screenshot and I what I noticed myself , there seems to be a horizontal blue line there. Not sure what it is . Anyways I restart the computer , select boot options and select the SSD instead , however , I am getting that same screenshot too.

Can someone help please as I am out of ideas.

:)

Takemi Shino, May 26, 2017
  2. gvde---01 Win User

Nokia Software Updater 1.3.20 not work!!!

Same here. XP SP2. The splash screen comes up and then it hangs there. Some time later the gui process dies and the splash screen disappears while the host process is still in the background. I am not running any AV or FW...

gvde---01, May 26, 2017
  3. rolandom Win User
    Mail (and other win apps) hangs, requiring a reboot on Win 10

I see this first on Mail, but it has happened to the calculator, apps store... pretty much Windows apps in general. Word, Chrome, File Explorer, Acrobat all continue to work fine. Mail hangs and will not go to another mail or screen. Closing seems to work,
    but on restart the apps sticks at splash screen. Then trying to start calc, even though not used since last reboot. will hang at splash screen as well.

Reboot solves problem for a few hours, then the hang reoccurs.

All updates applied to ASUS i5 with 8GB.

rolandom, May 26, 2017
  4. : ) Splash screen hang :)

new update: further troubleshooting

i tried connecting the hdmi cable to my mainboard graphics..

the result... it would power on for a few seconds then power off and on again. its just cycles here. no display no nothing...

connect it back to the graphics card and the problem reverts back to my main post

Takemi Shino, May 26, 2017
Thema:

: ) Splash screen hang :)

1. : ) Splash screen hang :) - Similar Threads - Splash screen hang

2. Dell Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Splash Screen: Hello everyone The issue I'm encountering is quite annoying but I guess it can be considered minor. So this is the issue, when starting up my PC the Dell splash screen pops up and the bar starts to load, but only goes up halfway and doesn't progress further unless the USB...
  3. KB4598242 install hanging my PC on manufacturer splash screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4598242 install hanging my PC on manufacturer splash screen: Following installation of Windows 10 update KB4598242 OS Builds 19041.746 and 19042.746 yesterday the PC hangs on the PC manufacturer splash screen when I power up. Pressing the power button again launches BIOS, making no changes and Exiting BIOS launches Windows and the PC...
  4. Splash Screen App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Splash Screen App: To: Microsoft Community Hello, I would like to make a splash screen but i just keep seeing things about removing splashscreen.exe or if it is a virus. I really just want to make a splash screen. Please respond with some code for a splashscreen. From: Heja Ali...
  5. Black screen with No Splash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with No Splash: So basically what I did was that I opened my whole pc and cleaned the dust and then I reassembled it back but now, whenever I press the power button I dont get the splash screen [Dell] and my screen only shows blinking white cursor. I cannot even access Bios. My specs:...
  6. Cold start OK, reboot hangs on splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cold start OK, reboot hangs on splash screen: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 running latest-greatest Win10. The problem began after I installed an AHCI driver as I moved the machine from the RAID mode to AHCI mode in BIOS. I undid the RAID configuration a while back but it stayed configured in the RAID mode and...
  7. Forza Horizon 4: Closes on splash screen with Hang Type: Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4: Closes on splash screen with Hang Type: Activation: Hello, I can't get past the splash screen on Forza Horizon 4. I am accessing the game via Game sharing. It is the full Deluxe Edition of the game and it isn't part of the game pass. The error I receive in Event Viewer is: The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0...
  8. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  9. splash screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    splash screen: how can I use the splash screen as background 66324
  10. Hangs on bootup before splash screen, only when warm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hangs on bootup before splash screen, only when warm: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought with all the smart folks on this forum I might get some ideas. I have an odd issue. My laptop will not complete initial boot, but only when the laptop is warm, as in restarting, or after a shutdown/reboot. If...