Windows 10: Splash screen stays on for 32 seconds even with a SSD drive

Discus and support Splash screen stays on for 32 seconds even with a SSD drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP 8300 running Windows 10 with 16 GB RAM on which I replaced the HDD with a SSD recently. However, on bootup, the HP splash screen stays on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eda Thendi, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Splash screen stays on for 32 seconds even with a SSD drive

I have a HP 8300 running Windows 10 with 16 GB RAM on which I replaced the HDD with a SSD recently. However, on bootup, the HP splash screen stays on the screen for 32 seconds after which the rest of the actions go much faster than the HDD. Is this amount of delay normal? I wish I could compare with some benchmarks. I have confirmed there are minimum applications loading at startup and there are none that start after Windows starts.

Any suggestions how I could speed it up?

:)

Eda Thendi, Jan 29, 2021

2. PC stuck on splash screen for 32 seconds!

I have a HP 8300 running Windows 10 (with 16 GB RAM) on which I replaced the HDD with a SSD recently. However, on bootup, the HP splash screen stays on the screen for 32 seconds after which the rest of the actions go much faster than my previous HDD. Any suggestions?

Musicollector, Jan 29, 2021
  3. PC stuck on splash screen for 32 seconds!

Hi Musicollector, did this splash screen display always behave this way even with the old HDD?

Check this tutorial that I used after upgrading my OS drive with an SSD.

Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

You may want to reduce the delay gradually from 30 seconds in 5 or 10 second increments, 0 delay may be too fast depending on the cpu speed (and # of cores).

W10 Tweaker, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Splash screen stays on for 32 seconds even with a SSD drive

PC stuck on splash screen for 32 seconds!

Is this what is causing the major delay of 32 seconds?
    What Is P.O.S.T.
    Regardless of the type of equipment attached the diagnostic has to be run or Windows [or other Operating System] won't know what is available and how it is to be used.
    What Is POST? (Power On Self Test Definition)

Berton, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Splash screen stays on for 32 seconds even with a SSD drive

1. Splash screen stays on for 32 seconds even with a SSD drive - Similar Threads - Splash screen stays

2. Splash/ Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Splash/ Lock Screen: Hi all. I posted here some years ago with a very similar issue; the responses I received never really seemed to get at the root of the issue, and now, the issue is almost the same with a slight variation. OK, here goes: Some refer to it as the "splash" screen, or also, the...
  3. Dell Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Splash Screen: Hello everyone The issue I'm encountering is quite annoying but I guess it can be considered minor. So this is the issue, when starting up my PC the Dell splash screen pops up and the bar starts to load, but only goes up halfway and doesn't progress further unless the USB...
  4. PC stuck on splash screen for 32 seconds!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC stuck on splash screen for 32 seconds!: I have a HP 8300 running Windows 10 (with 16 GB RAM) on which I replaced the HDD with a SSD recently. However, on bootup, the HP splash screen stays on the screen for 32 seconds after which the rest of the actions go much faster than my previous HDD. Any suggestions? 173150
  5. Splash Screen App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Splash Screen App: To: Microsoft Community Hello, I would like to make a splash screen but i just keep seeing things about removing splashscreen.exe or if it is a virus. I really just want to make a splash screen. Please respond with some code for a splashscreen. From: Heja Ali...
  6. Black screen with No Splash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with No Splash: So basically what I did was that I opened my whole pc and cleaned the dust and then I reassembled it back but now, whenever I press the power button I dont get the splash screen [Dell] and my screen only shows blinking white cursor. I cannot even access Bios. My specs:...
  7. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  8. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  9. Splash Screen Pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Splash Screen Pictures: My question if for Microsoft. When my computer starts up a beautiful picture comes up before my usual desktop does. The pictures change periodically. They are stunning and beautiful and I think they are part of Microsoft Windows. Is there any way I can find out more about the...
  10. splash screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    splash screen: how can I use the splash screen as background 66324