Windows 10: Split-cut video clips/movies

Discus and support Split-cut video clips/movies in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, For some time I'm looking for a program (prefareable free) to split-cut video clips / movies at an exact point, without re-encoding. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motim, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Split-cut video clips/movies

Hello,
    For some time I'm looking for a program (prefareable free) to split-cut video clips / movies at an exact point, without re-encoding. While searching, I found some: "Free video cutter-joiner", this program is fast cutting, but far from beeing 'exactly'. Then I found "Avidemux", it is 'almost' but not 'exactly', it is also fast.
    I am not looking for an editing program, starting to edit and re-encode cosumes time, cpu and memory, the main task is to remove comertials or such.
    Can you recommend such program/s ?
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 26, 2016
  2. petrib Win User

Hello all,waiting for a chivalrous reply!!

How, exactly, did you try to create a movie?

If I'm not mistaken, I think on the phone you can only use video clips (and not still images/photos) to make a movie. Or maybe you could take a video clip and add sections with stills, but I've never tried something like that myself.

petrib, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Saving a video with movie maker cuts off the edges of the video?

Whenever I save my video and try to replay it, the edges are cut off on all sides about 3-5 seconds into the video. Its a collection of clips I've put together with some editing. I've tried the other solutions I've found on this site (switching off stabilization,
    converting formats, publishing, changing aspect ratios/resolution) but nothing has worked yet. The original clips were recorded in 720p and the only editing I've done is add captions and trim the clips, everything else is default settings or has been toggled
    without success. In movie maker it looks fine, also in the fullscreen preview.

I'm using Windows Movie Maker

Version 2012, build: 16.4.3528.0331

I know its not perfectly compatible with windows 10 but I've found similar questions from other versions so I have no reason to believe that's the cause

TheFatStallion, Jul 26, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Jul 27, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    Easily one of the best - pity it only does mpeg files

Another one is Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate which does same but less intuitive, but can handle almost any format. A great plus is the screen recorder. Not free but good value at $50.

cereberus, Jul 27, 2016
  7. sam9 Win User
    Could you please clarify that what do you mean by ," it is almost but not exactly". I am using the same without any problem. But I also have one question that why do these editors start re-encoding when the user does not want. Should it not be left to user whether he wants re-encoding or not.

8. Motim Win User

Hello,
    Thanks for the answers.
    I'll downloand some and make some tests.
    Most of the video formats is mp4.
    But right now have some other problem which I will post on a new thread.
    Thanks again

Motim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Split-cut video clips/movies - Similar Threads - Split cut video

2. Is there a way to cut down shorten a video on the Windows Media Player or the "Movies and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to cut down shorten a video on the Windows Media Player or the "Movies and...: see above in the question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-cut-down-shorten-a-video-on-the/cfce9020-9c7a-4e5a-ad35-24cdb49af107
  3. Blank clip video

Blank clip video: How can i fix the clip that goes blank?. The video has an audio but the video is blank. How can i fix the video that has been recorded so i can see the clip or some setting that prevent it from happen again....
  4. Blank clip video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank clip video: How can i fix the clip that goes blank?. The video has an audio but the video is blank. How can i fix the video that has been recorded so i can see the clip or some setting that prevent it from happen again....
  5. Recovering a video clip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovering a video clip: When I am recording using Microsoft DVR my computer lost power due to a power cut and I turned it on again, but the recorded video clip cannot be played. Is there a way to recover this clip or play it? This video is very important to me...
  6. I have a video that whenever I run it, it splits itself. {Movies & TV}

I have a video that whenever I run it, it splits itself. {Movies & TV}: Like this one, below. I believe it's because of I ran some errands on AMD Radeon Settings, but check below. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-video-that-whenever-i-run-it-it-splits/b9c0cb0b-6d01-478a-8ec5-d6a76c8cd455
  7. Which App in Windows 10 combine and split Video clips ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which App in Windows 10 combine and split Video clips ?: Hi, I am looking for an App in Windows 10 in which I can combine two video clips and can also split a video video clip in to two or more ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-app-in-windows-10-combine-and-split-video/3d16900f-f0d1-45db-b14a-bfef6bf6bd1f
  8. Movie Maker Pro Trim and Split

Movie Maker Pro Trim and Split: Yesterday I bought the MS Movie Maker Pro. I've watched some tutorials on YouTube and have discovered that my version differs in this respect: On the main screen where the time line and playback display are shown, there are six functions, the final one being More Tools. In...
  9. How to split and cut videos in windows 10 (NOT TRIM)

How to split and cut videos in windows 10 (NOT TRIM): I was wondering if there was any way to cut or split videos in widows 10 without for free or without 3rd party software. The video editor supplied with windows 10 seems to only be able to trim the video. If this is not possible (which would be shameful considering even movie...
  10. Video Clip Distortion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Clip Distortion: Sudden problem on my Lenovo laptop running Widows 10. For no apparent reason downloaded video clips, and some You Tube clips are unwatchable. It appears as though a small part of the original picture is magnified to fill the entire screen. Help, please!...