Windows 10: Split Function is gone from Video Editor

Discus and support Split Function is gone from Video Editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I went in a few days ago and the split feature was there. Today nothing. I've looked at previous threads to no avail. I've also tried all the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fistifer1985, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Split Function is gone from Video Editor

I went in a few days ago and the split feature was there. Today nothing. I've looked at previous threads to no avail. I've also tried all the other options and ideas to fix to no avail. Any idea what's going on?

:)

Fistifer1985, Nov 29, 2020

2. windows 10 video editor, the split video option disappeared, please help

Actually you have only the trim option.

As you can read there:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Your is a common issue and also on my Video Editor there isn't the split video option, but only trim. It is possible that's one of the issue of Photos feature missing due to updates, but it is also possible that the feature has been dismissed, leaving only
    the trim option.

Using trim and copy video, you can still split the video, even if it is a longer activity.

Stefano Giovanni Tamiotti, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Video editor gone from Photos

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the missing feature on Photos app. I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue.

1. May I know on which device the issue persists?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to provide
    the details.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix.

Method 1

Update Photos app

Refer the article Check updates for apps and games from Microsoft Store
    for the steps.

Method 2

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and follow the steps.

You may also refer the suggestions from Riley
    Lynn Nairn dated on May 7, 2018
    regarding the issue with the missing Video editor feature.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 29, 2020
  4. urfreed Win User

Split Function is gone from Video Editor

SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

I have been using the "Split" function in the Microsoft Photos app for quite awhile now, but today that functionality disappeared.

I can't even find a reference to that function in the documentation anymore.

Today, I opened a video using Microsoft Photos.

I was able to split the video into a number of segments by clicking the "Split" icon at various points in the video.

I was then able to delete several segments, and save the thus edited video to a new file. It worked perfectly, as always.

Then, a few seconds later, I opened another video in Microsoft Photos to do the same thing.

But this time, the "Split" icon was no longer there, no matter which video I open.

(The "Split" icon used to be next to the "Trim" icon.)

So, what happened to the "Split" functionality in the time span of less than a minute?

(Please don't tell me that I can do splits by repeatedly doing trims - that is too tedious!)

urfreed, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Split Function is gone from Video Editor

1. Split Function is gone from Video Editor - Similar Threads - Split Function gone

2. Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone: So I downloaded Photos Legacy because I had 100s of videos that I had created and wanted to work on them. All of my projects are there, but they contain none of my video files, and they say cannot find file. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours put into this. How on earth...
  3. video editor background music not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video editor background music not functioning: I have used video editor a number of times now editing some drone videos. I am still getting used to it. However it is pretty user friendly. After editing a video and getting ready to complete the project, I have been trying to add some of the included "background music" as I...
  4. video editor background music not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video editor background music not functioning: I have used video editor a number of times now editing some drone videos. I am still getting used to it. However it is pretty user friendly. After editing a video and getting ready to complete the project, I have been trying to add some of the included "background music" as I...
  5. Video Editor images and videos in video project suddenly gone

Video Editor images and videos in video project suddenly gone: Hi,We have a user who suddenly lost all of the video images and snippets that she had in all of her video projects. The projects are all saved in OneDrive, image locations have not changed, but for some reason all of them are gone from ALL of her Video projects. How can we...
  6. Where is the video editor gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the video editor gone?: I've updated Windows and now it's like some really simplified shitty version of it where I can only trim and add slo-mo and I'm not even able to choose what quality and fps to save the video in. submitted by /u/RabbitSteam [link] [comments]...
  7. windows 10 video editor, the split video option disappeared, please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 video editor, the split video option disappeared, please help: The little scissor button on the editor was my common tool in putting videos together, but now it's gone. I tried resetting the app but it's still not there. Please help, Thank you, Ian...
  8. SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared: I have been using the "Split" function in the Microsoft Photos app for quite awhile now, but today that functionality disappeared. I can't even find a reference to that function in the documentation anymore. Today, I opened a video using Microsoft Photos. I was able to split...
  9. Microsoft Store, Photos and Video Editor are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store, Photos and Video Editor are gone: As stated, I went to go open a picture and noticed the photos app wasn't listed anymore. Went to go to the store to redownload it and that also wasn't there. I've attempted to use powershell to reinstall them but i keep getting an error. When i try to open the "files" from...
  10. Video editor gone from Photos

Video editor gone from Photos: After updating to 2019.18114.19318.0, I've lost access to the video editor features entirely. Where the create button used to be, I can now only create a new album. Multiple reinstalls and resets have not fixed the issue. [ATTACH]...