Windows 10: Split screen display of documents

Discus and support Split screen display of documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes I would like to have a Word document open at the same time as an Excel document or even a non-MS document. Can this be done in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeweyDD, Apr 27, 2020.

1. DeweyDD Win User

Split screen display of documents

Sometimes I would like to have a Word document open at the same time as an Excel document or even a non-MS document. Can this be done in Windows 10?

:)

DeweyDD, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Display screen split in to two

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your display screen split in to two sections suddenly.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any recent changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    This issue could have occurred due to incorrect display settings or corrupt display driver.

I suggest you to install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 display driver is not available in the manufacturer website, I would suggest you to install the driver
    in compatibility mode.

To install the display driver in compatibility mode
    follow these steps:

a. Download the latest display driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Refer to the link for additional information.

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Splitting screens

Hi,

To resolve your issue with splitting screen, we suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Likhitha V.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Apr 27, 2020
  4. neil1979 Win User

display problems, showing split screen

Since installing windows 10 on my old dell, i am having major problems. The Computer is very slow, and is probably too old to properly run the new Windows, but the biggest issue is that after a restart, i am seeing a split screen display with a line through the centre of the screen, and i can find no way to get it back to a single display. After multiple more restarts it has gone back to one screen, but i am now getting two again. In case i am not being clear, here is a photo of what i am seeing. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Split screen display of documents [​IMG]

neil1979, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Split screen display of documents - Similar Threads - Split screen display

2. Split screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Split screen: How do I split the screen when playing a game? I want to read instructions from a game manual on one screen and play the game on another.I've tried the split screen button on the top right but the game goes back to full screen....
  3. Screen Splitting

Screen Splitting: If we have already split the screen in half with applications, we don't need to be asked what should be on that side of the screen when we put another application on the opposing side....
  4. Split screen observed on external display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Split screen observed on external display: Hi ,I have just upgraded my system to win 11 and observing split screen after restarting the system or while plugging the display. I am using single monitor but screen is getting split...
  5. Split screen observed on external display

Split screen observed on external display: Hi ,I have just upgraded my system to win 11 and observing split screen after restarting the system or while plugging the display. I am using single monitor but screen is getting split...
  6. Display error: screen split in two, shifted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display error: screen split in two, shifted: Hello! I've been getting this same bug since the latest big Windows update a couple of weeks ago. When I boot up, my display will be split like in the picture below. It only happens sometimes, though. Sometimes when I boot up, it is fine. So I usually restart until it...
  7. split screen

split screen: How do I undo a split screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen/5cec0b91-c7e5-4cb2-abb3-f9471cf5507d
  8. split screen

split screen: how do I get laptop to stop split screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen/681b761a-5b25-4a3e-ac11-30fd14454f82
  9. split screen

split screen: i have this problem all video splitted to part side by side in kmplayer ,cherome and more .. i dont know i update my gpu drive or win update plz help ty[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. display problems, showing split screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display problems, showing split screen: Since installing windows 10 on my old dell, i am having major problems. The Computer is very slow, and is probably too old to properly run the new Windows, but the biggest issue is that after a restart, i am seeing a split screen display with a line through the centre of the...