Windows 10: Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903

Discus and support Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After update to Windows 10 1903, when I open app in split screen in tablet mode, it's placed improperly, part of the top bar is going out of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jsnd21, Sep 2, 2019.

1. jsnd21 Win User

Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903

After update to Windows 10 1903, when I open app in split screen in tablet mode, it's placed improperly, part of the top bar is going out of the display:

Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903 ddcfb5ce-c119-4ea1-a3cb-156cfdae5125?upload=true.png

This doesn't happen in all situations when split screen is started the same.

-If split screen is triggered by a gesture and one window is dragged to the side, it scales wrong, but when window for the second part, both windows show correctly.

-If split screen is triggered automatically (new window command in browser, show page in new window and so), both windows scale wrong as shown in picture above.

This has been in 1903 since insider preview. I also did factory reset which did not affect this issue.

:)

jsnd21, Sep 2, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Split Screen on Tablet Mode not working

Hi Ann

Split screen should work in Tablet Mode, if you click and drag an application top bar to the middle of one edge of your screen, you should then be able to click another app and have that fill the other half of the screen, does that not work for you in Tablet
    Mode?

DaveM121, Sep 2, 2019
  3. D83706 Win User
    Mail App splits screen in tablet mode when opening links

The mail app splits the screen when opening links in tablet mode, but not in desktop mode.

This is not only irritating, but seems logically backwards... Desktops have more real estate than tablets.

This seems like another inconsistency that could be solved with an option.

Any suggestions?

D83706, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903

tablet mode split keyboard

Your company made my $3000 Surface Book Pro look like a joke in tablet mode. When I used to be able to handle everything easily with split keyboard I now have to never use tablet mode and/or detach my screen. The only way is to unergonomically use it flat
    on the table and type with two hands while looking down, swipe while risking dropping and typing slower, or hunt and peck with my thumb. Which stupid staff member approved this should be fired!

BRING BACK SPLIT KEYBOARD IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

luckyrice21, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903

1. Split screen issue in tablet mode on 1903 - Similar Threads - Split screen issue

2. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  3. issue on tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    issue on tablet mode: Even after switching on my TABLET MODE ,it isn't working . I guess its not accepting my touch , I saw various articles on making tablet mode touch friendly but I cant see any options like that . Still my tablet mode is on but I can't type without mouse and keyboard....
  4. FullScreen in Split Screen Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FullScreen in Split Screen Mode?: Hey guys, so basically I really like the fullscreen feature of some applications as it really helps me to focus by not seeing the taskbar and the top part of the tab. However, my studies require me to open more than 2 applications at the time in split screen mode. How do I...
  5. TABLET MODE ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TABLET MODE ISSUE: I have updated my haier y11c notebook to window 10 now tablet mode is not working as previously it was working properly.now i m confuse what is the issue may be itys drive issue but i couldnt solve it and need solution for that....
  6. Touch screen and tablet mode issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen and tablet mode issue: Hello, I have Hp convertible 360 15 broxx and recently my hard drive died. I had it changed and now i have lost all the drivers for touch screen and tablet mode. Can you help me?...
  7. Split Screen on Tablet Mode not working

Split Screen on Tablet Mode not working: I am using HP Spectre X360 13 2-in-1 and I like to use multiple screen on tablet mode. How to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen-on-tablet-mode-not-working/5ff7b65a-3a18-47bb-b9a2-1e69b2757005
  8. Can't split window in tablet mode

Can't split window in tablet mode: Hi! I am using HP envy x360 2 in 1. After the latest update installation in August, I can no longer get side by side window in tablet mode. The interface is replaced by timeline, the top of interface shows each window I opened but I can't drag them to make them side by side...
  9. Can't split window in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't split window in tablet mode: Hi! I am using HP envy x360 2 in 1. After the latest update installation in August, I can no longer get side by side window in tablet mode. The interface is replaced by timeline, the top of interface shows each window I opened but I can't drag them to make them side by side...
  10. HP Split auto tablet mode NOT working

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Split auto tablet mode NOT working: HP Split x2 13 m010dx (PC and tablet in one), Windows 10 Home systems automatic tablet mode switch does not work. Also tried clean install of Windows 10 Home and upgrade from Windows 8.1 but non of them worked. Normally the capture device, or or just "pulling smoothly." In...