Windows 10: split screen

Discus and support split screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; with windows 7 I was able to click on the centre button in the top right of my screen and reduce the size of my program. I could then open another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ausiebattler, Apr 18, 2020.

1. split screen

with windows 7 I was able to click on the centre button in the top right of my screen and reduce the size of my program. I could then open another program on the same screen and drag and drop from one to the other.

Now I have windows 10 that function doesn't happen what am I missing?

:)

ausiebattler, Apr 18, 2020

2. Splitting screens

Hi,

To resolve your issue with splitting screen, we suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Likhitha V.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Split screen

When I go to a split screen view in Windows 10, one of the screens will stop working and/or not respond. For example, if I have a video playing and split screens, the video will stop running but the sound will continue. Another example is that I will
    try to use a newly opened screen in split view and the page will not respond. Any suggestions or help?

Stitchces112, Apr 18, 2020
  4. split screen

Split screen

Hi Gigi Louise,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• When the screen starts splitting exactly? Is it when you try to access any app/it randomly splits?
    You may try to disable third party applications/software (if any installed) in Windows 10 before performing below methods to check if it is the root cause to the issue.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to update the Display adapter drivers.
    Refer to the following article and update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Method 2:

I suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to access settings menu.

• Select Update &
      security
      and click on Recovery.

• Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options
      > Startup Settings >Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps. By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the article.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

split screen

1. split screen - Similar Threads - split screen

2. Can we split screens to occupy the top and bottom halves of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we split screens to occupy the top and bottom halves of the screen?: Can we split screens to occupy the top and bottom halves of the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-split-screens-to-occupy-the-top-and-bottom/6980d414-bf65-4400-a333-415106e9995b
  3. Can we split screens to occupy the top and bottom halves of the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we split screens to occupy the top and bottom halves of the screen?: Can we split screens to occupy the top and bottom halves of the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-split-screens-to-occupy-the-top-and-bottom/6980d414-bf65-4400-a333-415106e9995b
  4. How do I make Windows split screen behave as though it was a full window?

How do I make Windows split screen behave as though it was a full window?: I have a large TV that I would like to use in place of multiple monitors. I understand and use the split screen feature, including FancyZones, but the split screen view always compresses the window horizontally. I assume this is because on a normal monitor shrinking the text...
  5. How do I make Windows split screen behave as though it was a full window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make Windows split screen behave as though it was a full window?: I have a large TV that I would like to use in place of multiple monitors. I understand and use the split screen feature, including FancyZones, but the split screen view always compresses the window horizontally. I assume this is because on a normal monitor shrinking the text...
  6. When on the desktop and when running my apps my screen will freeze for a split second every...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When on the desktop and when running my apps my screen will freeze for a split second every...: Boot up and login do not count with this problem it boots fine and logs in fine but when on my desktop and when using my apps my screen and audio freeze for a split second every 2 to 5 seconds what should I do?...
  7. When on the desktop and when running my apps my screen will freeze for a split second every...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When on the desktop and when running my apps my screen will freeze for a split second every...: Boot up and login do not count with this problem it boots fine and logs in fine but when on my desktop and when using my apps my screen and audio freeze for a split second every 2 to 5 seconds what should I do?...
  8. When on the desktop and when running my apps my screen will freeze for a split second every...

9. Split screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Split screen: How do I split the screen when playing a game? I want to read instructions from a game manual on one screen and play the game on another.I've tried the split screen button on the top right but the game goes back to full screen....
  10. Split screen

Split screen: How do I split the screen when playing a game? I want to read instructions from a game manual on one screen and play the game on another.I've tried the split screen button on the top right but the game goes back to full screen....