Windows 10: SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

Discus and support SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using the "Split" function in the Microsoft Photos app for quite awhile now, but today that functionality disappeared. I can't even find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by urfreed, Sep 14, 2019.

1. urfreed Win User

SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared

I have been using the "Split" function in the Microsoft Photos app for quite awhile now, but today that functionality disappeared.
    I can't even find a reference to that function in the documentation anymore.

Today, I opened a video using Microsoft Photos.
    I was able to split the video into a number of segments by clicking the "Split" icon at various points in the video.
    I was then able to delete several segments, and save the thus edited video to a new file. It worked perfectly, as always.

Then, a few seconds later, I opened another video in Microsoft Photos to do the same thing.
    But this time, the "Split" icon was no longer there, no matter which video I open.
    (The "Split" icon used to be next to the "Trim" icon.)

So, what happened to the "Split" functionality in the time span of less than a minute?
    (Please don't tell me that I can do splits by repeatedly doing trims - that is too tedious!)

:)

urfreed, Sep 14, 2019
  2. urfreed Win User

I have been using the "Split" function in the Microsoft Photos app for quite awhile now, but today that functionality disappeared.

I can't even find a reference to that function in the documentation anymore.

Today, I opened a video using Microsoft Photos.

I was able to split the video into a number of segments by clicking the "Split" icon at various points in the video.

I was then able to delete several segments, and save the thus edited video to a new file. It worked perfectly, as always.

Then, a few seconds later, I opened another video in Microsoft Photos to do the same thing.

But this time, the "Split" icon was no longer there, no matter which video I open.

(The "Split" icon used to be next to the "Trim" icon.)

So, what happened to the "Split" functionality in the time span of less than a minute?

(Please don't tell me that I can do splits by repeatedly doing trims - that is too tedious!)

urfreed, Sep 25, 2019
  3. urfreed Win User

"The split feature in Photos app is covered in this tutorial:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/cut-split-tr..."

Yes, I know this link...

This link shows that Photos does NOT have the "Split" feature!

It shows how to do splits in a ridiculous way using the "Trim" feature, instead.

As I said in my first post,

"(Please don't tell me that I can do splits by repeatedly doing trims - that is too tedious!)."

Of the 144 thousand employees, there are only one or two people in Microsoft that really knows what is going on here, and they can't be reached.

Thanks for trying anyway, but I am done here.

urfreed, Sep 25, 2019
  4. urfreed Win User

Update history shows no recently installed updates. So, that absolutely can't be the problem.
    Microsoft Photos Verson 2019.19061.18920.0

Repair result: No Change

Reset result: No Change

Re-registering result: No Change
    Windows 10 Version: 1809

Update & Security > Recovery:

Go back to previous version of Windows 10:

This option is no longer available because your PC was updated more than 10 days ago.
    I don't want to go 1903 until I am convinced that it really is the issue,

which I don't see how it could be, since Photos was working fine for a long time.

And, even then I don't think I want to take a chance on upgrade problems.

Before I try more random stuff, I need an answer to the funny thing first...

The funny thing is:

Almost all online help and tutorials show that the Split feature does not exist,

but I found ONE recent online tutorial where they do show the Split feature.

Is the disappearance of the Split function an improvement?

urfreed, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION in MICROSOFT PHOTOS has disappeared - Similar Threads - SPLIT VIDEO FUNCTION

2. Retouch function button for photos disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retouch function button for photos disappeared: I used the retouch function a lot with no issues. When I went to use it yesterday the button was not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retouch-function-button-for-photos-disappeared/b94ce728-0d0c-4c4b-a9e9-373e0282dd4e
  3. Retouch function button for photos disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retouch function button for photos disappeared: I used the retouch function a lot with no issues. When I went to use it yesterday the button was not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retouch-function-button-for-photos-disappeared/b94ce728-0d0c-4c4b-a9e9-373e0282dd4e
  4. The split video option in Photos just disappeared. Is anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The split video option in Photos just disappeared. Is anyone else having this issue?: This has happened before, and reset/restore aren't helping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/split-video-function-in-microsoft-photos-has/0250863b-5450-4819-8f1e-ef6dabbb1318?page=1 submitted by /u/imbrowntown [link] [comments]...
  5. The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app

The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app: when video editing, numerous tools will be displayed from a drop down tab on the right hand side of the screen. The split function used to be here, but no, that button has vanished from the toolbar. This has happened before to others, but this is my first time seeing this...
  6. Split Function is gone from Video Editor

Split Function is gone from Video Editor: I went in a few days ago and the split feature was there. Today nothing. I've looked at previous threads to no avail. I've also tried all the other options and ideas to fix to no avail. Any idea what's going on?...
  7. Photos Folder Has Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos Folder Has Disappeared: Hello. I had a folder in Pictures where I stored art that I had scanned into my computer for coloring and sharing. Earlier I went to grab an image from the folder and I discovered it was GONE. No where to be found. The entire folder. I searched for it. Nothing. I searched...
  8. How to fix a split video in Microsoft Photos?

How to fix a split video in Microsoft Photos?: Hi everyone, I'm having some trouble editing one of my videos with the splitter and I was curious if I'm the only one having this issue. For some reason during one of my edits I was unable to split a video properly. Instead of dividing the video into two segments where I...
  9. Disappearance of Split Button in Video Projects in WIndows 10 Photo App

Disappearance of Split Button in Video Projects in WIndows 10 Photo App: Sometimes there is a split button in the video project on photo app. But most of the time, there isn't a split button in the video project. The split button allows me to accurately split a video into two separate clips. I tried resetting photos app but still doesn't working....
  10. People&Creating Videos Function Missing on Microsoft Photos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    People&Creating Videos Function Missing on Microsoft Photos: Hey, After yesterday's update I found that the People section and Creating Videos Function missing. How can I find them back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/peoplecreating-videos-function-missing-on/e7df740c-7fad-4f24-9ff6-a06c26ff69c3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the split button on video editor went missing

2. photos app windows 10 split function disappearing

3. the split button on microsoft photos is missing

4. photos split function,
  5. microsoft photos missing split button,
  6. split function in photos,
  7. windows video editor split function missing,
  8. split function not showing on video projects in photos,
  9. split tool on microsoft photos has disapeared