Windows 10: Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles

Discus and support Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a way to split two jacks into two accounts/profiles, right now, i only have one 'playback device' in which uses two jacksboth audio,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ryanjerry, Dec 14, 2020.

1. ryanjerry Win User

Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles

Hello,

Is there a way to split two jacks into two accounts/profiles, right now, i only have one 'playback device' in which uses two jacksboth audio, not mic

heres a picture to show what i mean, i want to split the "speakers" profile to have only one jack analog jack while another profile e.g. called Headphones to use the green Rear panel 3.5mm Jack

Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles 793953ed-4e1e-41fa-9f95-84eecfbe8f35?upload=true.png

:)

ryanjerry, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Realtek HD Audio Manager not seperating the jacks as intended

Hi,

I'm posting here as a last resort because I honestly think I tried everything.

I upgraded to windows 10 recently and ever since I did, I can't manage to seperate the "Speakers" audio controller into "Headphones" and "Speakers".

I'm used to be able to hear everything through the speakers, and have my communication programs channel their sound to the headphones.

After upgrading to windows 10 my realtek UI changed and although I have the option to seperate the jacks and treat each one as a seperate device, it isn't doing anything and the "Speakers" device still has control over the 2 jacks.

I'm 99% sure the problem lies with the realtek software, because when I uninstall the drivers the default windows audio kit seperates the jacks by default and I don't have that problem, but the windows built in audio kit isn't quite working for me, as the
    audio lags and stutters.

I tried using different versions of drivers, but none of them fixed this issue (drivers such as R272,R278,R279,R268).

Please assist me with this matter as I'm running out of ideas.

I'm attaching a picture of my realtek audio manager UI, my sound controls and the "option" tab for the Realtek HD audio manager.

Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles 711ce9e6-5db3-4252-aafd-ab3277687d26.jpg

worth mentioning that I tried every single setting in the realtek UI to no success. when opted to select which jack I just inserted the options are quite limited: Line in/Headphones for the front jack and Front Speakers/Microphone in the rear green jack.
    the other jacks dont seem to be retaskable (clicking them does nothing).

my motherboard is ASUS B85M-G and im running windows 10 Pro.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Daniel Cohen.

danielcoh92, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles

1. Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles - Similar Threads - Splitting jack ports

2. Help! Every video is split in two.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Every video is split in two.: Every video, gif or animation is split in two by a black bar that looks like a part of a window, i do not know the cause of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-every-video-is-split-in-two/13ae4b28-f57f-4556-89b7-4063e70f053a
  3. Two jacks use the same playback device profile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two jacks use the same playback device profile: [ATTACH] Hello, Is there a way to split two jacks into two accounts/profiles, right now, i only have one 'playback device' in which uses two jacksboth audio, not mic heres a picture to show what i mean, i want to split the "speakers" profile to have only one jack analog...
  4. Hard drive split in two?

Hard drive split in two?: Hello. I had recently installed Ubuntu 19.04 alongside Windows 10. Now I wanted to uninstall it, so I followed the existing tutorials on the internet. However only Ubuntu was deleted but the virtual drive was still not deleted. The funny thing is that the virtual drive is...
  5. Album is split in two

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Album is split in two: So I created an album on groove music I didn't want to create a playlist because back then I couldn't find out where the shuffle feature was using Audacity to give them metadata tags. Well, I stopped halfway and set the album picture, thinking I'd pick it back up again later....
  6. How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate?: Hi I am planning to install an additional internal SSD in a laptop running windows 10. I have purchased an additional Win 10 Home OS for the second drive and want to set up dual booting. Can this work with both drives running Windows 10 with seperate licences? My intention...
  7. Account split into two

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account split into two: I don't exactly know how I messed up things but what I can see is that my user account has split up into two. The original account is there while one has popped up in the "others users" section. I don't really know how to combine them back or delete the other one. I am not...
  8. Windows 10 two sound devices split

Windows 10 two sound devices split: I plugged in a HDMI cable to my laptop to have a second screen, all the sound went to the HDMI cable. Close the laptop and opened it again (I go to work during this time) and this time certain sounds went to my HDMI and others went to my laptop, the way I wanted it. Close...
  9. Having two separate wallpaper slideshows for two seperate monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having two separate wallpaper slideshows for two seperate monitors: Hey guys, So what Im trying to do is get two different slideshows to run on my wallpapers from two different areas. Since one of my monitors is 1080p, and the other one is 1200p I want to have two different wallpaper slideshows running from two different locations, where...
  10. two seperate favorite files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two seperate favorite files: there have been two historic favorite files through several years of changing browsers. now with windows 10 the dominate favorites file is a historic one and completely out of date. when I add to favorites default is this old file. I do not how to "merge" the two files....