Windows 10: splwow64.exe - Bad Image

Discus and support splwow64.exe - Bad Image in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an splwow64.ex - Bad Image error that pops up every time I attempt to print or really do anything on the computer. I cannot close the box and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TiffanyBanks, Sep 10, 2019.

1. splwow64.exe - Bad Image

I have an splwow64.ex - Bad Image error that pops up every time I attempt to print or really do anything on the computer. I cannot close the box and it will not let me print or even shut my computer down. Please help.

:)

TiffanyBanks, Sep 10, 2019
  2. maxelcat Win User

Splwow64 Exe Bad Image windows 10

Hi

Just yesterday I discovered that I can no longer print a pdf, or word etc - and I get 'Splwow64 Exe Bad Image' - the exact error being:

'C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_IUICGCE.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error.'

It's been fine for ages.

I have tried to run the 'system restore' but it wont complete. Also, reinstalled the printer driver and run the 'Safety Scanner' which reported nothing. (Along with this I have McAfee running the background). I have run the printer
    trouble shooter which came up blank.

I have seen several threads/articles on this error, but they are either telling me to do what I have already done, or are really old.

Any other ideas please????

Many thanks

E

maxelcat, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade - splwow64.exe

I updated multiple computers from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro (x86 and x64) this week. The number problems that occurred are baffling but I finally got control of most my issues. However, one issue regarding splwow64.exe is messing up our printing.

The following is what I figured out after significant research and fix attempts:

splwow64.exe is ran under Anonymous-Login

splwow64.exe is initiated by spooler.exe for x86 to x64 printing compatibility

Anonymous-Logon prevents application from printing due to Anonymous-Logon having insufficient rights.

Application works correctly if I forcefully close splwow64.exe and run splwow64.exe under the local account (LIKE IT SHOULD)

WHYYYY is spooler.exe creating splwow64.exe under Anonymous-Logon??????????? This is not a singular issue. Its occurring on at least 4 computers.

TriStarGod, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Sebautz Win User

splwow64.exe - Bad Image

Word 64bit wants to print under splwow64.exe

Then the question is: Why does Word 64bit need it to print to a 64bit printer driver on 64bit Windows machine?

The other Office apps like Excel and PowerPoint don't use splwow64.exe.

Actually, we do need the Print Spooler service.

Sebautz, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

splwow64.exe - Bad Image

1. splwow64.exe - Bad Image - Similar Threads - splwow64 exe Bad

2. Error: splwow64.exe - Bad Image, when trying to print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: splwow64.exe - Bad Image, when trying to print: I have an splwow64.ex - Bad Image error that pops up every time I attempt to print or really do anything on the computer. I cannot close the box and it will not let me print or even shut my computer down. Please help. ***Original title: splwow64.exe - Bad Image***...
  3. ???.exe - Bad image

???.exe - Bad image: When trying to install a program, I get a pop up window "Windows\System32\DNSAPI.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". How to fix?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-bad-image/e6a912d0-052e-4d57-b2ef-addf81cc1365
  4. iCloud.exe - Bad Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iCloud.exe - Bad Image: I keep getting this message when my computer starts: iCloud.exe - Bad Image C:\Program Files\McAfee\WebAdvisor\win32\DownloadScan.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media...
  5. Bad image bug

Bad image bug: idk why but ever since the widows update I been getting this bug on certain games on my computer it keeps saying C://Windows/system32/driverstore/flierepository/nv_dispi.inf_am/nvd3dum.dll...
  6. Bad image error

Bad image error: Hi, I installed Adobe Digital Editions the other day and every time I execute the program I get a "Bad image"-error for C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\amdihk32.dll I have googled and tried to find a solution for this, but without any success. It is only for Adobe Digital Editions I...
  7. TextInputFramework.dll - bad image

TextInputFramework.dll - bad image: im having a problem where i cant type in my search bar aswell as when i try to download anything to try fix my .dll issue i get a bad image pop up and i cant do anything untill i close the thing that is causing the bad image pop up...
  8. Bad image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad image: please can you guys help me fix this issue. Everything was working fine till i updated windows. When i updated windows and got back to the desktop menu eveyhing i clicked gave me a bad image error i have tride everyting to fix this issue but nothing is working can you please...
  9. Bad Image Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Image Issue.: I bought my PC not too long ago after moving into my new home. I originally had it set up on a round table temporarily while I waited for my new corner desk. Excited to install it once it arrived, I hastily unplugged the PC from the back power port without shutting it down...
  10. Bad Image errors?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Image errors?: [img] Hi I updated my Mozy backup software 3 days ago & ever since then my ASUS laptop is unusable. Once it boots up, which takes more then an hour, every task I ask takes many minutes to over an hour to complete. I also get an error message "Bad Image"? The first bad...