Windows 10: splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Discus and support splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear experts, I have recently installed a Canon printer LBP623Cdw, and everything was working fine until I had a problem with my Microsoft Office 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John Soo, Apr 5, 2021.

1. John Soo Win User

splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Dear experts,

I have recently installed a Canon printer LBP623Cdw, and everything was working fine until I had a problem with my Microsoft Office 365 something to do with the Sensitivity Label, it keeps asking me to set a label, but yet it couldn't find the template or etc. So I had to reinstall Office 365 multiple times, even using Microsoft Support and Recovery System to do a clean uninstall.

After the reinstallation, my printer stopped working. When I click print in Microsoft Word, this appears:

splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found e370e13e-9b01-49e7-a4cb-3c51ccc258fa?upload=true.png

It says: The procedure entry point ColorAdapterClientUpdateDeviceProfile could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\mscms.dll.

I could click ok, but when I try to print the document, another error box appears:

splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found c2d3918e-098e-4da1-9f29-ba6c396d195b?upload=true.png

I have tried several things thus far, but my printer still does not work:

• Stopped and restarted the printer spooler.
    • Did some edits to the registry I'm not sure what I did, I just followed some of the instructions found online.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the printer, both USB and wireless.
    • Contacted Canon, to which they troubleshooted and said that the driver has been installed fine, it is now a Windows a problem.

I've searched everywhere for a solution, the only thing I haven't tried is to download and replace the mscms.dll file I'm not sure what it is. I'm thinking that it might be a registry thing that was deleted, but I'm not entirely sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

John Soo, Apr 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 Upgrade - splwow64.exe

I updated multiple computers from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro (x86 and x64) this week. The number problems that occurred are baffling but I finally got control of most my issues. However, one issue regarding splwow64.exe is messing up our printing.

The following is what I figured out after significant research and fix attempts:

splwow64.exe is ran under Anonymous-Login

splwow64.exe is initiated by spooler.exe for x86 to x64 printing compatibility

Anonymous-Logon prevents application from printing due to Anonymous-Logon having insufficient rights.

Application works correctly if I forcefully close splwow64.exe and run splwow64.exe under the local account (LIKE IT SHOULD)

WHYYYY is spooler.exe creating splwow64.exe under Anonymous-Logon??????????? This is not a singular issue. Its occurring on at least 4 computers.

TriStarGod, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Sebautz Win User
    Word 64bit wants to print under splwow64.exe

Then the question is: Why does Word 64bit need it to print to a 64bit printer driver on 64bit Windows machine?

The other Office apps like Excel and PowerPoint don't use splwow64.exe.

Actually, we do need the Print Spooler service.

Sebautz, Apr 5, 2021
  4. splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Windows 10 1909 - splwow64.exe issues

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to print from both Samsung and Zebra printer and the
    application hangs, waiting for splwow64.exe.

In this scenario we would like you to perform the registry changes on your Dell PC and check if you are able to print.

1. Click Start, and then click
      Run.
    2. Type regedit, and then click
      OK
    3. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print
    4. Point to New, and then click
      DWORD Value.
    5. Type SplWOW64TimeOutSeconds as the registry entry name, and then press Enter.
    6. Double-click the SplWOW64TimeOutSeconds entry that you created in step 4.
    7. Enter a value in the Value data box, and then click
      OK.

Note: You must enter a value that is greater than 0 (zero) in the
    Value data box. The value that you enter is the number of seconds that the system periodically waits while the system checks whether the Splwow64.exe process must be unloaded. The Splwow64.exe process is unloaded when the number of seconds
    that is specified in SplWOW64TimeOutSeconds elapses since the last 32-bit print process has closed. Therefore, when a service process prints, the print capability is not released until the service closes and at least the time that you specify
    in the Value data box passes. For example, if you type 15 in the
    Value data box, and the last 32-bit process takes two minutes to print and close, the print capability is released between two minutes and 15 seconds and two minutes and 30 seconds. If no time-out value is specified, the default time-out value
    is two minutes.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

1. splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found - Similar Threads - splwow64 exe Entry

2. MK11.exe - Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MK11.exe - Entry Point Not Found: Hi,I'm getting this error when I try to open Mortal Kombat 11 game. "The procedure entry point EMP could not be located in the dynamic link library next is the exe path".I wasn't getting any error until yesterday. I have tried all the methods like updated drivers,...
  3. MK11.exe - Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MK11.exe - Entry Point Not Found: Hi,I'm getting this error when I try to open Mortal Kombat 11 game. "The procedure entry point EMP could not be located in the dynamic link library next is the exe path".I wasn't getting any error until yesterday. I have tried all the methods like updated drivers,...
  4. splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found: Lately, whenever I copy and paste something or change the font of something in Microsoft Word or Excel, I repeatedly get "splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found" warnings. I can get three or even over a dozen of these just from a single CTRL+C or CTRL+V command. I've seen a few...
  5. splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found: Lately, whenever I copy and paste something or change the font of something in Microsoft Word or Excel, I repeatedly get "splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found" warnings. I can get three or even over a dozen of these just from a single CTRL+C or CTRL+V command. I've seen a few...
  6. splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entry Point Not Found: I'm not very smart when it comes to anything pc related I keep getting this pop up on my screen when I turn on or restart my pc ' OneDrive.exe - Entry Point Not found. The procedure entry point Sspilocalfree could not be located in the dynamic link library' may I have help to...
  8. Entry Point not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entry Point not found: Hi all, I recently downloaded a game from the internet, and I am having some issues. Firstly, it said it was missing the binkw32.dll . I downloaded that .dll followed the instructions on the website for where to place it. Having placed it there, I am now getting the error...
  9. Entry point not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entry point not found: After installing windows 10 I began to get "Entry Point Not Found" error messages when trying to open some programs. Specifically "The procedure entry point _crtCreateSymbolisLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll" I ran the...
  10. one drive exe entry point not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    one drive exe entry point not found: I ran the config sys scan and it did not fix the problem. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-exe-entry-point-not-found/562319b3-e2ce-4261-af14-77782f439270

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot