Windows 10: Spontaneous Freezing?

Discus and support Spontaneous Freezing? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! I have recently upgraded my HP Laptop (of around 4 years old) to Windows 10 from 7. I have had very little to no problems while using it regularly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by knyuo, Aug 6, 2015.

1. knyuo Win User

Spontaneous Freezing?

Hi! I have recently upgraded my HP Laptop (of around 4 years old) to Windows 10 from 7. I have had very little to no problems while using it regularly and normally. However, as of today my laptop proceeds to freeze out of nowhere which lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes. Especially when I use an art program called Paint Tool Sai or go into my settings. The entire computer freezes, whereas I cannot even move my cursor (both mouse and trackpad). The computer catches up with my actions then freezes again.

I uninstalled software I didn't use, despite the fact that I have plenty of ram and memory to use. I also did a full system scan and got rid of 3 low-risk viruses and 1 high-risk virus. Even after (it just froze now and the only way out of it was by ctrl+alt+delete and opening task manager. it still froze while on the menu and it stopped once i opened task manager) cleaning my laptop up this problem still proceeds. I don't really wish to downgrade back to 7 but is that the case? Or is there the possibility that I still have a virus on my pc? All and any help is greatly appreciated!

as of now the settings option has disappeared from the start menu and nothing happens when I click "Search the web and Windows".

:)

knyuo, Aug 6, 2015
  2. 7thSense Win User

Spontaneous

Does it happen with all apps? You could always try a factory reset (Settings > about > reset your phone). But if you think the loading times are abnormal after that; contact your local Nokia Care center.

7thSense, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows Phone Contacts Corrupted, how can they be restored?

Totally weirded out. My contacts that had disappeared spontaneously have now spontaneously reappeared. on my phone. Must have been poltergeist channeling Halloween. I'll be sleeping with a light on for the next couple days.

froggygremblin, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Spontaneous Freezing?

1. Spontaneous Freezing? - Similar Threads - Spontaneous Freezing

2. Windows 10 machine spontaneously freezes, no troubleshooting has worked as of yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 machine spontaneously freezes, no troubleshooting has worked as of yet: Hello, I have been experiencing this rather frustrating issue that has led me to press the force reboot button much too many times for my comfort.GA-270P-D3i7-7700KGTX 1060 6GB16GB at 3200MT/s1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus650W PSUMy machine will randomly cease to work. The issue...
  3. Windows 10 machine spontaneously freezes, no troubleshooting has worked as of yet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 machine spontaneously freezes, no troubleshooting has worked as of yet: Hello, I have been experiencing this rather frustrating issue that has led me to press the force reboot button much too many times for my comfort.GA-270P-D3i7-7700KGTX 1060 6GB16GB at 3200MT/s1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus650W PSUMy machine will randomly cease to work. The issue...
  4. Windows 10 machine spontaneously freezes, no troubleshooting has worked as of yet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fortnite still freezing and crashing spontaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite still freezing and crashing spontaneously: No one is replying to my old question pages so here are the event logs for this error that I am having. I have an Intel HD Graphics 630 Integrated graphics card. I have included every event that occurred 10 minutes prior and 10 minutes after the crash. I have also made 3...
  6. Fortnite freezing and crashing spontaneously!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite freezing and crashing spontaneously!: Only game I am playing at the moment is Fortnite and I can play normally up until all of a sudden the game freezes and crashes. . I have a low end computer and learnt from a previous thread of mine (...
  7. Fortnite freezing spontaneously!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite freezing spontaneously!: Only game I am playing at the moment is Fortnite and I can play normally up until all of a sudden the game freezes and crashes. . I have a low end computer and learnt from a previous thread of mine (...
  8. Games freezing and crashing spontaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games freezing and crashing spontaneously: Only game I am playing at the moment is Fortnite and I can play normally up until all of a sudden the game freezes and crashes. Here is how the crash appears in the reliability monitor. I have a low end computer and suspect this may be an issue with the integrated Intel HD...
  9. Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: freezing, spontaneous reboots and blue screen errors: My ASUS Strix has been having issues lately in the form of some combination of the following: The computer will freeze and not accept any input, if there was audio playing at the time I get to hear the last fraction of a second of it on repeat until I turn the computer off....
  10. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...