Windows 10: Spontaneous Reboot Windows 10

Discus and support Spontaneous Reboot Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Frequently Experiencing spontaneous reboots where the screen will completely black out for around 3 seconds, then it will boot to the motherboard's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrLuky, Jun 2, 2020.

1. MrLuky Win User

Spontaneous Reboot Windows 10

Frequently Experiencing spontaneous reboots where the screen will completely black out for around 3 seconds, then it will boot to the motherboard's screen. I recently replaced my power supply thinking that would solve the issue and it ran smoothly for a good many months but the spontaneous reboots are returning in increasing frequency. When these occur the reliability manager only notes that windows closed improperly and notices no issues before this, no crash dump information is produced.

:)

MrLuky, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Rob_540 Win User

Windows spontaneously reboots

Windows 10 spontaneously reboots without an error message on screen or in the logs. I've reinstalled all drivers, replaced components, added cooling, removed GPU, removed tablet, removed Wi-FI card, run system, memory, and CPU tests, repaired window, and
    re-installed windows. Nothing has solved the issue. It does not appear to occur in Safe Mode, yet it's not clear which windows component or driver left would be causing the issue.

Any suggestions for diagnosis?

Rob_540, Jun 2, 2020
  3. vwood Win User
    Spontaneous Reboots (Asus K8N, Athlon 64, Win2k)

My computer reboots spontaneously. I had this nifty idea to re-install windows, and it's rebooting spontaneously during installation of windows 2000.

I haven't made any recent hardware changes, but I got a new video card (Radeon X1050) a couple months ago, and installed a beta version of Vista at that time, a month later it wanted me to pay to upgrade, so I rolled back to my old OS: Windows 2000. It seemed to have been running fine, but Internet Explorer didn't install. I said: "fine" cuz I use FireFox anyway. Last week the computer started spontaneuosly rebooting (especially during gaming), and I had this idea in my head that it was the Windows installation, so I decided to go ahead and re-install the OS. The re-install failed, due to a spontaneous reboot, just a little after halfway through "Installing Devices".

Chip: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2200 MHz)
    Mobo: Asus K8N
    Video: Radeon X1050
    Memory: Corsair 3x

I can't get much more detailed info from Windows ... it's rebooting right now (and forever). I got the chip & mobo from the BIOS and the video & memory from eyeballing the equipment. Doesn't look like there's much else in there: that mobo has everything built-in. I did remove all of the memory sticks and re-tried rebooting with each one individually (to test for bad memory).

Any tips?
    *Nutkick :nutkick:

vwood, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Spontaneous Reboot Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Spontaneous Reboot

2. Windows 11 periodic and spontaneous reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 periodic and spontaneous reboots: I am looking for help identifying the cause of periodic spontaneous reboots that generate the "unexpected previous system shutdown" system event message. The system is a Lenovo Desktop running Window 11 that has been spontaneously rebooting 1 - 2 times a day.I enabled the...
  3. Windows 11 periodic and spontaneous reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 periodic and spontaneous reboots: I am looking for help identifying the cause of periodic spontaneous reboots that generate the "unexpected previous system shutdown" system event message. The system is a Lenovo Desktop running Window 11 that has been spontaneously rebooting 1 - 2 times a day.I enabled the...
  4. My laptop HP is frequently rebooting spontaneously. The error in the System Event log...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop HP is frequently rebooting spontaneously. The error in the System Event log...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffb181e8359e70, 0xffffd60998798fb0, 0xfffff8021041e2b8. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: a67042c7-db15-434d-8bb8-d78456b8fb99....
  5. My laptop HP is frequently rebooting spontaneously. The error in the System Event log...

My laptop HP is frequently rebooting spontaneously. The error in the System Event log...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffb181e8359e70, 0xffffd60998798fb0, 0xfffff8021041e2b8. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: a67042c7-db15-434d-8bb8-d78456b8fb99....
  6. Mouse keys feature spontaneously turns on and won't turn off until reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse keys feature spontaneously turns on and won't turn off until reboot: Self-explanatory. I get haunted by this issue since the release of windows 10, and it DOESN'T turn off via mouse keys menu or even via toggle. This is incredibly annoying because cursor jumping to top-left corner of the screen because even the feature itself doesn't work...
  7. Mouse keys feature spontaneously turns on and won't turn off until reboot

Mouse keys feature spontaneously turns on and won't turn off until reboot: Self-explanatory. I get haunted by this issue since the release of windows 10, and it DOESN'T turn off via mouse keys menu or even via toggle. This is incredibly annoying because cursor jumping to top-left corner of the screen because even the feature itself doesn't work...
  8. Lots of BSOD errors and spontaneous reboots Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of BSOD errors and spontaneous reboots Windows 10: Lots of BSOD errors and spontaneous reboots Since a few weeks I have been having a lot of bsod errors and spontaneous reboots, the error codes are varied and do not seem to be associated with a particular software or driver. I have already done the bsod troubleshooting...
  9. Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909: Hello, My PC reboots spontaneously while playing games since the last update to 1909. It all worked flawlessly before. No real info about the cause in the Event Viewer, just "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  10. Windows spontaneously reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows spontaneously reboots: Windows 10 spontaneously reboots without an error message on screen or in the logs. I've reinstalled all drivers, replaced components, added cooling, removed GPU, removed tablet, removed Wi-FI card, run system, memory, and CPU tests, repaired window, and re-installed windows....