Windows 10: Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited)

Discus and support Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is a thread with this subject from 2017 that is locked, but not resolved. I have the same problem. Windows 10 is changing my theme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeStich, Oct 12, 2018.

1. MikeStich Win User

Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited)

There is a thread with this subject from 2017 that is locked, but not resolved. I have the same problem. Windows 10 is changing my theme spontaneously, particularly the window background color. Nothing else noticeable changes.

So far, I believe it happens when I sign in after a screen lock. Don't think it requires a hibernation or full sleep. Just lock then unlock. Very annoying to have to go to personalize and re-select my custom theme every time I sign back in. Any fixes for this yet?

Mike

:)

MikeStich, Oct 12, 2018

2. Spontaneous Theme Change

I just got prodded by the system to come back and give an update.

Nothing's changed. My theme still changes spontaneously and because it's doing so 'behind the scenes,' so to speak, it's almost impossible to see it happen. My theme differs from the spontaneously-created one only in window background colour and I'm almost
    always concentrating on my work, so I simply don't notice the exact moment (and therefore the exact cause) of it's happening.

So, no. This is still a problem. It hasn't been solved.

RonTarrant, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited)

Spontaneous Theme Change

I forgot to mention in my original post...

My preferred theme is different from the one spontaneously created by Windows 10, so just saving the new one and carrying on isn't something I want to do. Nor do I want to add extras like slideshows or a bunch of other themes. I just want to use the theme I
    created and find a way for Windows 10 to leave it in place.

Let's get back on topic, please. I'm still looking for an answer to my original question.

RonTarrant, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited)

1. Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited) - Similar Threads - Spontaneous Theme Change

2. How to Change the Cursor Theme with Change in System Theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the Cursor Theme with Change in System Theme?: I am a Windows 11 UserI use Auto Dark Mode App to switch between light and dark mode automatically. What I want is, with the change in the System theme from light to dark, it should automatically change the Cursor theme too. Is there a way to do so?Also I use an App called...
  3. AnyTech Revisited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AnyTech Revisited: I read the long thread about Anytech 365 from last year, and wondered if there's any new developments. I believe I may have talked to them when I called up about a question I had with IOBit, but I did not sign up for their services. In spite of that, I just received an email...
  4. AnyTech Revisited

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AnyTech Revisited: I read the long thread about Anytech 365 from last year, and wondered if there's any new developments. I believe I may have talked to them when I called up about a question I had with IOBit, but I did not sign up for their services. In spite of that, I just received an email...
  5. AnyTech Revisited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Spontaneous Windows 10 Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spontaneous Windows 10 Changes: I have an HP desktop that's 10 mos. old. It's been working great, but yesterday the system changed? I didn't change or updated anything, but yesterday there were changes? Windows 10 start screen is different. The programs I pinned were replaced? It made me me change my...
  7. Sound balance changes spontaneously

Sound balance changes spontaneously: Hello, I am using an HP Omen running Windows 10. Every once in a while the computer will very obviously change the LR stereo balance I think to make the right side quieter or louder. It won't change back for a while, maybe 20 minutes, and then revert to its previous volume...
  8. Spontaneous Volume Change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spontaneous Volume Change: Occasionally my volume will change on its own. The volume control popup appears and volume goes up or down, sometimes to a painful result, however usually just annoying (volume down is more typical than volume up). I believe I know the cause. My laptop uses a Realtek Audio...
  9. Spontaneous Theme Change

Spontaneous Theme Change: Over the last few months, Windows 10 has been creating a new unsaved theme and making it current, overriding my preferred theme. I can switch back to my preferred theme and delete the spontaneously-created one, but it's really annoying as it sometimes happens several times...
  10. Revisit Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Revisit Activation: I need some advice. I did the upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home the day it came out. Went like clockwork (thanks to the info in this forum). It activated after a few hours and was running fine. A week later I thought it was time to do a clean install. At the first...