Windows 10: Spontaneous Volume Change

Discus and support Spontaneous Volume Change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Occasionally my volume will change on its own. The volume control popup appears and volume goes up or down, sometimes to a painful result, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GrayI, Sep 28, 2018.

1. GrayI Win User

Spontaneous Volume Change

Occasionally my volume will change on its own. The volume control popup appears and volume goes up or down, sometimes to a painful result, however usually just annoying (volume down is more typical than volume up).

I believe I know the cause. My laptop uses a Realtek Audio chipset and a TRRS jack that I believe also accepts inline volume controls. The volume change only happens when one set of earbuds is plugged in, and happens more frequently when the cable is moving/flexing. The earbuds themselves do not contain inline volume controls so that wouldn't be the issue there, nor do they cause this issue on my cell phone which also accepts inline volume, and they are somewhat beyond my price range to replace.

What I need is a way to prevent the volume changes. I would imagine there would be a way to stop volume changes from a certain device via regedit if needed, but I have no idea where I would find such a thing. Please help!

:)

GrayI, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Spontaneous Volume Change

Spontaneous Theme Change

I just got prodded by the system to come back and give an update.

Nothing's changed. My theme still changes spontaneously and because it's doing so 'behind the scenes,' so to speak, it's almost impossible to see it happen. My theme differs from the spontaneously-created one only in window background colour and I'm almost
    always concentrating on my work, so I simply don't notice the exact moment (and therefore the exact cause) of it's happening.

So, no. This is still a problem. It hasn't been solved.

RonTarrant, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Spontaneous Volume Change

1. Spontaneous Volume Change - Similar Threads - Spontaneous Volume Change

2. Windows 11 spontaneously changes window in focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 spontaneously changes window in focus: I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 11 Home Edition. Randomly, the window that's in focus will change, sometimes when I'm typing in a window. Sometimes there will be a single change from the window I was using to a different one. Sometimes there will be multiple rapid...
  3. Windows 11 spontaneously changes window in focus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 spontaneously changes window in focus: I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 11 Home Edition. Randomly, the window that's in focus will change, sometimes when I'm typing in a window. Sometimes there will be a single change from the window I was using to a different one. Sometimes there will be multiple rapid...
  4. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  5. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  6. Spontaneous Windows 10 Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spontaneous Windows 10 Changes: I have an HP desktop that's 10 mos. old. It's been working great, but yesterday the system changed? I didn't change or updated anything, but yesterday there were changes? Windows 10 start screen is different. The programs I pinned were replaced? It made me me change my...
  7. Sound balance changes spontaneously

Sound balance changes spontaneously: Hello, I am using an HP Omen running Windows 10. Every once in a while the computer will very obviously change the LR stereo balance I think to make the right side quieter or louder. It won't change back for a while, maybe 20 minutes, and then revert to its previous volume...
  8. Folder Owner and Inheritance spontaneously get changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Owner and Inheritance spontaneously get changed: Hi, I have a folder within my Documents folder where the ownership and inheritance keep changing, preventing me for editing files in that folder until I manually fix it. Most folders under Documents are owned by my Windows account (my Windows email address) and Inherit...
  9. Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited)

Spontaneous Theme Change (revisited): There is a thread with this subject from 2017 that is locked, but not resolved. I have the same problem. Windows 10 is changing my theme spontaneously, particularly the window background color. Nothing else noticeable changes. So far, I believe it happens when I sign in...
  10. Spontaneous Theme Change

Spontaneous Theme Change: Over the last few months, Windows 10 has been creating a new unsaved theme and making it current, overriding my preferred theme. I can switch back to my preferred theme and delete the spontaneously-created one, but it's really annoying as it sometimes happens several times...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volume spontaenous up and down