Windows 10: Spontaneously realizing touchscreen being disabled

Discus and support Spontaneously realizing touchscreen being disabled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey so, I was using my wacom pen on my laptop last week. Then shut down my laptop and relaunched it later on. I noticed my pen not working anymore nor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Twxety, Mar 5, 2021.

1. /u/Twxety Win User

Spontaneously realizing touchscreen being disabled

Hey so, I was using my wacom pen on my laptop last week. Then shut down my laptop and relaunched it later on. I noticed my pen not working anymore nor my finger being detected on screen. I also can't find Windows Ink space anymore.

Been dealing with this for over a week now.

submitted by /u/Twxety
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Twxety, Mar 5, 2021

2. My Dell Inspiron touchscreen turns off.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties with the sensitivity of the touchscreen. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the model number of the Dell Inspiron Laptop?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as refered in these articles and let us know the status.

1. What to try if your touchscreen doesn't
      work
    2. Enable and disable your touchscreen in Windows 10
    3. How to Troubleshoot Touchscreen Issues

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 5, 2021
  3. How do I disable the touchscreen in windows 10?

@gilbert,

@Belanger,

Usually you can disable the touch screen feature through Device Manager. If you feel difficulty in finding it, follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the Start Menu
      Spontaneously realizing touchscreen being disabled [​IMG]
      and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Spot and expand the section for Human Interface Devices.
    • Right-click HID-compliant touch screen and choose
      Disable.

This action will disable the touchscreen for your device.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Paulo GM Win User

Paulo GM, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Spontaneously realizing touchscreen being disabled - Similar Threads - Spontaneously realizing touchscreen

2. Hi I disabled my touchscreen pad thing in my settings on my hd laptop and I realized I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I disabled my touchscreen pad thing in my settings on my hd laptop and I realized I...: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-disabled-my-touchscreen-pad-thing-in-my/ddecb013-54da-41aa-b5a9-d8e7860cdfdc
  3. Hi I disabled my touchscreen pad thing in my settings on my hd laptop and I realized I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi I disabled my touchscreen pad thing in my settings on my hd laptop and I realized I...: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-disabled-my-touchscreen-pad-thing-in-my/ddecb013-54da-41aa-b5a9-d8e7860cdfdc
  4. Laptop Touchscreen Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Touchscreen Disabled: I just installed the update and started having issues: my mouse kept freezing and my touchscreen was disabled. I had to enable this through device manager. I just wanted to drop this on the forum in case someone else is experiencing the same issues....
  5. Laptop Touchscreen Disabled

Laptop Touchscreen Disabled: I just installed the update and started having issues: my mouse kept freezing and my touchscreen was disabled. I had to enable this through device manager. I just wanted to drop this on the forum in case someone else is experiencing the same issues....
  6. Laptop Touchscreen Disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  8. Disabling part of touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling part of touchscreen: I have ghost touches on the right edge of my samsung xe700t1a with windows 10. Is it possible to disable part of the touch screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-part-of-touchscreen/1ed585ed-0613-4b47-9136-6e5ef5fc9627
  9. Disabling touchscreen

Disabling touchscreen: I have an intermittent ghost input on the touchscreen of my Dell 2710 all in one. I have set the touchgate to 0 and rebooted and after some use the screen becomes active again. I have I uninstalled the touchscreen drive in Device manager but it reinstalls after a reboot...
  10. HID Touchscreen driver will not disable

HID Touchscreen driver will not disable: Hi gurus, My Surface Pro has a touchscreen issue pressure points randomly appearing on screen, due to a badly replaced screen, so I need to disable the HID Touchscreen driver. But 9 times out of 10 when I restart, the driver says disabled - but the touchscreen is still...