Windows 10: Spooler subsystem app and high CPU usage

Discus and support Spooler subsystem app and high CPU usage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before sending this, I have Googled the issue and have had no success; this, I am turning here for help. Recently I have had high CPU usage on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GordMcFee, May 4, 2020.

1. GordMcFee Win User

Spooler subsystem app and high CPU usage

Before sending this, I have Googled the issue and have had no success; this, I am turning here for help.

Recently I have had high CPU usage on my Toshiba Laptop, Windows 10, all latest updates installed. On checking, I found that it was the spooler subsystem that is using 26-29% CPU. I have tried all of the fixes that I could find and the problem persists. 1 For example, I ran the Printer Troubleshooter, and it returned no errors. 2 I checked to ensure that I have the latest drivers installed and I do. The printer HP ENVY 5055 prints with no problems. 3 I stopped the spooler in Administrative Services and then tried to delete any cached print jobs at C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS. There were no jobs there.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else may be wrong?

Thanks for any help.

:)

GordMcFee, May 4, 2020

2. Spooler SubSystem app

Hi DaveM121,

I have done what you posted a number of times. The first time there a file in

" C:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS" and I deleted it. But since then everytime I go throu these steps there is no file in this folder.

After I go thru the steps you list the Spooler SubSystem app is not active and my CPU usage is low. But the next time that I print anything on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 the Spooler SubSystem app starts to utilize more then 50% of the CPU again. This cycle
    happens over and over. I was looking for a more permanent solution.

Thanks for your time. Don B.

DonaldBarmore, May 4, 2020
  3. Spooler SubSystem app

Spooler SubSystem app is consuming 50% CPU. Windows 10.

DonaldBarmore, May 4, 2020
  4. Spooler subsystem app and high CPU usage

Spooler SubSystem app is consuming too much of the CPU

Hello Sarah Kong

Thank you for your reply, I have carried out the steps as you suggested and all appears to be working correctly . The Spooler SubSystem does not now take over the CPU. Thank you.

AllanRiscUser, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Spooler subsystem app and high CPU usage

1. Spooler subsystem app and high CPU usage - Similar Threads - Spooler subsystem app

2. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  3. high cpu usage with any app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high cpu usage with any app: hello sorry for my bad english.when i close an app in task manager then high cpu usage whit another app.so i end that but again high cpu usage with another app and its loop. i search my computer for virus but it not worked.how can i solve that.thanks...
  4. high cpu usage with any app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high cpu usage with any app: hello sorry for my bad english.when i close an app in task manager then high cpu usage whit another app.so i end that but again high cpu usage with another app and its loop. i search my computer for virus but it not worked.how can i solve that.thanks...
  5. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high cpu usage: hi,I am Krishna, my laptop having some problems with wifi. suddenly wifi is disconnecting and the adaptor is not showing wifi settings after doing a hardware scan or internet troubleshooter it is again showing the wifi settings and connecting to wifi, whenever this happens...
  6. Windows Freeze - Spooler Subsystem App?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Freeze - Spooler Subsystem App?: Hello, Company provided a laptop to use. Works fine except for the occasional freezes that happens a few times a day, and about once every 2 days it freezes so hard I'd need to do a hard restart because even ctrl-alt-del wouldn't work. The windows 10 reliability monitor...
  7. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  9. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  10. Spooler SubSystem app is consuming too much of the CPU

Spooler SubSystem app is consuming too much of the CPU: I am running Windows 10 which is fully up to date, it is causing the PC to run very slowly and the mouse to lag and jump about. how can I rectify this?...