Windows 10: Spooler subsystem app has encountered an error and needs to close

Discus and support Spooler subsystem app has encountered an error and needs to close in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]A Printer Spooler is a temporary place that holds anything that is sent to […] This article Spooler subsystem app has encountered an error and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 30, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Spooler subsystem app has encountered an error and needs to close

WinClub, Jan 30, 2021

2. Spooler SubSystem app

Hi DaveM121,

I have done what you posted a number of times. The first time there a file in

" C:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS" and I deleted it. But since then everytime I go throu these steps there is no file in this folder.

After I go thru the steps you list the Spooler SubSystem app is not active and my CPU usage is low. But the next time that I print anything on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 the Spooler SubSystem app starts to utilize more then 50% of the CPU again. This cycle
    happens over and over. I was looking for a more permanent solution.

Thanks for your time. Don B.

DonaldBarmore, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Spooler SubSystem app

Spooler SubSystem app is consuming 50% CPU. Windows 10.

DonaldBarmore, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Zaki_j Win User

Spooler subsystem app and high CPU usage

Hello GordMcFee,

I understand that Spooler subsystem app is consuming too much of the CPU usage.
    We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about the issue.

Spooler subsystem App is a process that helps manage the printer & fax systems. Whenever a program sends a document to the printer, the
    spooler subsystem app adds it to the print queue. The Print Spooler service saves these print jobs in memory and sends them to the printer one by one when the printer is available.

Method 1:

Step 1: Uninstall Printer

I suggest you to
    uninstall and reinstall the printer
    . You can refer to the article on how to

uninstall HP Printer Software (Windows)

Step 2: Install Printer

I suggest you to download drivers from the printer manufacturer’s
    website and refer to the article on how to
    Install a printer in Windows 10

Method 2:
    I suggest you to perform a full system scan using the
    Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: Microsoft Safety Scanner is a scan tool designed to find and remove malware from Windows computers. Download it, run a scan to find malware and try to reverse changes made
    by identified threats.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Spooler subsystem app has encountered an error and needs to close - Similar Threads - Spooler subsystem app

2. rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.: hiit is a machine that works with simatic panel pc with windows xp. this computer has worked since 2014 until 10 days ago windows xp got an error message and don't run the machine program under name of rlkjm.exethe error message is below:rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem...
  3. rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem and need to close.: hiit is a machine that works with simatic panel pc with windows xp. this computer has worked since 2014 until 10 days ago windows xp got an error message and don't run the machine program under name of rlkjm.exethe error message is below:rlkjm.exe has encountered a problem...
  4. Windows Freeze - Spooler Subsystem App?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Freeze - Spooler Subsystem App?: Hello, Company provided a laptop to use. Works fine except for the occasional freezes that happens a few times a day, and about once every 2 days it freezes so hard I'd need to do a hard restart because even ctrl-alt-del wouldn't work. The windows 10 reliability monitor...
  5. Spooler subsystem app and high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spooler subsystem app and high CPU usage: Before sending this, I have Googled the issue and have had no success; this, I am turning here for help. Recently I have had high CPU usage on my Toshiba Laptop, Windows 10, all latest updates installed. On checking, I found that it was the spooler subsystem that is using...
  6. Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart: Forum search did not return any entries, and on-line search did, but those replies were either vague or contradictory, so here I am at the source. Once yesterday, and a short while ago today I encountered this quite unwelcome popup message. When you get it, Windows collects...
  7. Spooler SubSystem app is consuming too much of the CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spooler SubSystem app is consuming too much of the CPU: I am running Windows 10 which is fully up to date, it is causing the PC to run very slowly and the mouse to lag and jump about. how can I rectify this?...
  8. "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." Windows 10: Hello, I am trying to use LogMeIn Rescue and connect to Geek Squad for a tune up. After downloading logmein, I try to open (run) and get the error "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close." I talked with Geek Squad and tried different browsers (Edge, IE...
  9. (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close: Norton Identity Protection 'spins' when trying to get my password from the cloud. Norton says it's a Windows problem... I am trying to allow Norton to access my system remotely. I get the following error; "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close". I'm...
  10. (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close

in Windows 10 Support
    (Application) has encountered an error and needs to close: Norton Identity Protection 'spins' when trying to get my password from the cloud. Norton says it's a Windows problem... I am trying to allow Norton to access my system remotely. I get the following error; "LogMeIn Rescue has encountered a problem and needs to close". I'm...