Windows 10: spoolsv.exe keeps crashing in Windows 10, spooler dependency MsQuic not found under services

Discus and support spoolsv.exe keeps crashing in Windows 10, spooler dependency MsQuic not found under services in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi The spool service used to crash randomly but would work find when I do a restart in services. However, since a recent update it has been crashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by piyushstv, Jan 2, 2021.

1. piyushstv Win User

spoolsv.exe keeps crashing in Windows 10, spooler dependency MsQuic not found under services

Hi

The spool service used to crash randomly but would work find when I do a restart in services. However, since a recent update it has been crashing every single time I try to print any document on ANY printer physical or virtual.

One issue which I could figure out is that there is a spooler service dependency "MsQuic" which I cannot locate anywhere. Maybe since this service isn't running, so are the crashes. May someone help in either:

1. Restoring MsQuic, or
    2. Removing MsQuic from spooler service dependency

Device details: HP Envy x360

i7 7th Gen, 12GB RAM

OS is up to date : Windows 10 version 20H2, build ID 19042.685

Event log:

Faulting application name: spoolsv.exe, version: 10.0.19041.685, time stamp: 0xb09ed598
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000100000000
    Faulting process ID: 0x3b58
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e0dbdf7c76f8
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsv.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report ID: 23524223-d22a-473f-9f32-8b578ed0ee4c
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

piyushstv, Jan 2, 2021

2. HTTP dependency for print spooler

I'm using Windows 10 and lost print capability with my Epson XP-810 printer following an automatic update that occurred overnight on 26 September. I went into services and right clicked on print spooler and checked on dependencies. RPC and HTTP were
    listed. I started RPC, set it for automatic and went looking for HTTP. HTTP was not listed so I'm unable to start the print spooler. I went through this process about a year ago and had no problem as the HTTP service was listed but it's no longer there.
    How can I restore the HTTP function?

Richard C Wheeler, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Printer spooler service in Windows 10 / 2004 not working

Day after Windows 10 / 2004 update, printer did not work. The service program says that everything, i.e., spoolsv, is running o.k. But apparently the program continues to crash, with no explanation.

Have done Avast and Microsoft latest virus scans and this turns out to be negative.

Any suggestions?

WayneMcCalla, Jan 2, 2021
  4. spoolsv.exe keeps crashing in Windows 10, spooler dependency MsQuic not found under services

Unable to work with printer and spooler after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Print spooler services:

Check if the print spooler dependency services are running.

a. Open Run Command (Windows button + R) and hit Enter.

b. In the dialog box, type “services.msc”.

c. Scroll down to Print spooler.

d. Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies”

e. Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close the Print Spooler Properties window.

f. Repeat the above steps for the dependent services noted.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

spoolsv.exe keeps crashing in Windows 10, spooler dependency MsQuic not found under services

1. spoolsv.exe keeps crashing in Windows 10, spooler dependency MsQuic not found under services - Similar Threads - spoolsv exe keeps

2. Windows 11 ARM64 Print spooler fails to start. dependent service cannot be found or marked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 ARM64 Print spooler fails to start. dependent service cannot be found or marked...: running Windows 11 ARM64 latest updates applied as of today. Running in parallels latest version available todayPrint spooler not starting. Error says dependent service cannot be found or is marked for deletion.I can see that the print notify service fails to start with Error...
  3. Windows 11 ARM64 Print spooler fails to start. dependent service cannot be found or marked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 ARM64 Print spooler fails to start. dependent service cannot be found or marked...: running Windows 11 ARM64 latest updates applied as of today. Running in parallels latest version available todayPrint spooler not starting. Error says dependent service cannot be found or is marked for deletion.I can see that the print notify service fails to start with Error...
  4. Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?: TL;DRI want to start the print spooler service. Microsoft services tells me the dependencies for it are RPC two services and something called HTTP, and something called MsQuic. When I look in the list of Services neither HTTP nor MsQuic is listed. What are those services and...
  5. Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?: TL;DRI want to start the print spooler service. Microsoft services tells me the dependencies for it are RPC two services and something called HTTP, and something called MsQuic. When I look in the list of Services neither HTTP nor MsQuic is listed. What are those services and...
  6. Where are the services for print spooler dependencies located?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Dependencies missing in Print Spooler Service & "Class not registered" error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dependencies missing in Print Spooler Service & "Class not registered" error: This has me stumped. The computer will not print, and the Print Troubleshooter gives me two messages: "Print Spooler service isn't running" and "Print spooler service isn't starting automatically" In both cases, the troubleshooter reports "Not Fixed." However, when I look...
  8. Print Spooler--Troubleshoot & Services disagree + Dependencies missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Spooler--Troubleshoot & Services disagree + Dependencies missing: This one has me stumped. The computer will not print, and the Print Troubleshooter gives me two messages: "Print Spooler service isn't running" and "Print spooler service isn't starting automatically" In both cases, the troubleshooter reports "Not Fixed." However, when I...
  9. Print Spooler--Troubleshoot & Services disagree + Dependencies missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Print Spooler--Troubleshoot & Services disagree + Dependencies missing: This one has me stumped. The computer will not print, and the Print Troubleshooter gives me two messages: "Print Spooler service isn't running" and "Print spooler service isn't starting automatically" In both cases, the troubleshooter reports "Not Fixed." However, when I...
  10. Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start

in Windows 10 News
    Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start: [ATTACH] The Print Spooler Service in the Windows operating system is responsible for managing all print jobs and handles interaction with the printer, and if it ceases to run, you would be unable to print anything from your system. In such [...] This post Print Spooler...