Windows 10: Sporadic BSOD - Machine Check Exception, multiple times per day - DMP files, Event Viewer...

Discus and support Sporadic BSOD - Machine Check Exception, multiple times per day - DMP files, Event Viewer... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have encountered a rather frustrating issue with my new Windows 10 PC. Every few hours, or sometimes after not long at all, Windows will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FizzWare, Jul 28, 2020.

1. FizzWare Win User

Sporadic BSOD - Machine Check Exception, multiple times per day - DMP files, Event Viewer...

Hi there,

I have encountered a rather frustrating issue with my new Windows 10 PC.

Every few hours, or sometimes after not long at all, Windows will freeze completely - including sound, which turns whatever's playing into an awful buzzing from the moment it froze.

From there, if I'm lucky, I get a BSOD with a Stop Code. If I'm not lucky, it stays frozen indefinitely or really, for over 20 minutes until I get impatient because I need to use my PC again and I force a shutdown.

The stop codes I get if I do get to a BSOD are almost always:

[MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION]

However, I have received other stop codes once each - as far as I can remember, such as:

[KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED]

[CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT]

[DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL]

As you can imagine, this kind of unpredictable error is quite concerning, as well as disruptive to the purposes I need a computer for in the first place.

I was hoping for some help in understanding the cause of these errors.

I have verified that my motherboard BIOS is up-to-date, I have updated as many drivers as I could identify that needed it, and I have taken other diagnostic and repair steps.

Before I specifically list the efforts I have tried, I'd like to post the links to the DMP files, Event Viewer CSV, and System Info text files:

1. C:/Windows/minidump/072720-9093-01.dmp [1.37 MB]
    2. C:/Windows/minidump/072720-9203-01.dmp [1.47 MB]
    3. C:/Windows/minidump/072820-9015-01.dmp [1.54 MB]
    4. C:/Windows/minidump/072820-9046-01.dmp [1.18 MB]
    5. C:/Windows/MEMORY.DMP [072720 8:10 PM] [1.68 GB]
    6. C:/Windows/MEMORY.DMP [72820 8:47 PM] [1.20 GB]
    7. Windows Key -> Search 'System Info' -> System Information App -> Copied to Text File
    8. Windows Key -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System -> Save All Events As -> CSV

Now, for the most obvious things I tried:

1. sfc /scannow
      • Corrupted files found and fixed 5 Windows Defender files were identified to be corrupted and repaired
      • Some files were flagged with a warning about having multiple security assignments or something of the like. I ignored these errors.
      • Problem sporadic BSOD persists
    2. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • No problems or errors detected
    3. Windows Memory Diagnostic -> Standard Scan
      • No problems or errors detected
    4. Checked Temperature of CPU and GPU
      • Stable in 30-36*C range
      • Overheating unlikely with 3 x 140mm intake fans and 1 x 120mm outtake fans and unused fan mounting area
    5. Updating Windows using Windows Update
    6. Updated Drivers using Device Manger and Windows Update to find the most Up-to-Date drivers
    7. Updated Drivers using manufacturer tools for ASUS Motherboard, Intel CPU, M.2 SSD, Nvidia GPU, and more
    8. Updated Drivers using Snappy Driver Installer any that were recommended by SDI
    9. Rolled back drivers to before I installed the drivers that came with my motherboard on a disc
      • Not only did this not fix the issue, but I lost some .DMP files after doing this
    10. Verified computer components are recognized properly in BIOS
    11. Set Memory kit speed to 2666MHz as per Intel Core i5-9600K specification supports. Problem persists.

Key Observations:

1. Using WinDbgx64, I noticed that the Process associated with the crash dump log is usually "System" I know - not a good sign. On multiple occasions, however; it was associated with another generic process e.g. firefox.exe or LightingService.exe. Also not a good sign - these programs are not related
    2. The manufacturer for my memory kit G.Skill lists my motherboard model in it's QVL. However: The manufacturer for my motherboard ASUS does NOT list my memory kit model in it's QVL.
    3. All components to this recently-built computer are new.
    4. It is not known if the problem existed before general setup was complete, as it is possible that the problem would not have occurred anyway due to system operations or lack thereof before complete setup and other environmental conditions.
    5. My system is NOT overclocked, and the problem persists regardless of whether an XMP profile or configuration is used.
    6. The system is relatively stable upon startup. Only one instance of kernel panic was observed only minutes after user login.
    7. The system is relatively stable in dedicated tasks. Several hours of gameplay in modern games for example, Dead by Daylight for PC via Steam is possible with no kernel panic.
    8. Noted user tasks immediately preceding kernel panic:
      • playing Dead By Daylight and getting a Steam Overlay notification that a Steam Friend has joined the game
      • using ALT + TAB to switch between windows including a game
      • a minute or so into an 11-minute YouTube video after maximizing the YouTube player in firefox
      • switching tabs in firefox
      • editing a simple spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel
      • using WinDbgx64 to analyze a DBG file this kernel panic was the aforementioned instance where another kernel panic occurred shortly after user login
      • completing a captcha on a webpage in firefox
    9. I do not still have access to every dump file created by this machine, as rolling back the machine in an attempt to solve the problem removed those dump files created before the rollback. I also do not have certain iterations of MEMORY.DBG, as it appears that MEMORY.DBG overwrites itself upon each creation. Lastly, it should be noted that the Event Viewer has logged instances where creating a dump file fails.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to diagnose the issue from the information already provided?
      • If so, could you please describe the issue?
      • If not, what information could be retrieved that would help to diagnose the issue?
    2. What ways can I attempt to stabilize the system for normal use, in lieu of a certain diagnosis?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best,

Austin

:)

FizzWare, Jul 28, 2020

2. BSOD Machine Check Exception

check your event viewer or set the PC not to restart on error so that you have time to write down the error it flashes.

sneekypeet, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Event error code multiple times a day.

Can anyone help with this event error I am experiencing multiple times per day?

My event viewer is full of Event 1534 "Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details "

LRoseville, Jul 28, 2020
  4. David4354 Win User

Sporadic BSOD - Machine Check Exception, multiple times per day - DMP files, Event Viewer...

Win10 BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone, so recently I started getting a lot of Machine Check Exception bluescreens and Im not sure what the cause is. Is there a list of steps to figure out what is causing it?

Thank you for your time.

David4354, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Sporadic BSOD - Machine Check Exception, multiple times per day - DMP files, Event Viewer... - Similar Threads - Sporadic BSOD Machine

2. BSOD several times per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD several times per day: I was a happy owner of Surface Laptop 4, and it started over a year ago with random BSOD once a month. Now it comes to several BSODs per day :-I think it started progressing after upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm unsure.I'm not doing anything special on this laptop, mostly...
  3. BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception: Started yesterday and has happened 5 times, I have run a number of test and my best guess is that I have a failing hard drive but would like a professional to help and confirm.OneDrive link to my last 3 minidump...
  4. BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception: Started yesterday and has happened 5 times, I have run a number of test and my best guess is that I have a failing hard drive but would like a professional to help and confirm.OneDrive link to my last 3 minidump...
  5. BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSoD Multiple Times Per Day

BSoD Multiple Times Per Day: My computer has crashed 10 times since the morning of the 18th. I believe them to have begun around the time I installed the game Battlefront 2 2017. Three of the crashed occurred while I was playing the game all three at the exact same point; while searching for a match. Two...
  7. Constant BSOD, multiple times per day

Constant BSOD, multiple times per day: It's been a recurring issue for a few months on my custom-built desktop. At first, the errors ranged from a variety of things, but after applying solutions I've found on these support threads and elsewhere, the only error I get anymore is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I can't for...
  8. PC freezing multiple times per day

PC freezing multiple times per day: I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it froze around 6 or 7 times, a couple times it even froze as my PC was starting up. I've tried many things such as fixing...
  9. Family - multiple time limits per day

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family - multiple time limits per day: I want my child to be able to use her laptop during school hours, but have time limited while at home. How can I set up multiple time limits per day? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-multiple-time-limits-per-day/713af6a0-b30d-4845-a4f0-1f60398028be"
  10. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day: Since a Windows update in October 2019, my computer freezes multiple times per day. And by freeze, I mean screen goes static and nothing responds. The only solution is to hold down the power button. I've followed the steps in Performance and Install Integrity Checklist to...