Windows 10: Spot announcements

Discus and support Spot announcements in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to block those annoying spots with different announcement that show up in the corner of the screen.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RaulSchönfeldt, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Spot announcements

How to block those annoying spots with different announcement that show up in the corner of the screen.

:)

RaulSchönfeldt, Jul 18, 2021
  2. Joe Men Win User

called announce

I have provided the steps on how you can enable the Use Speech to announce caller ID in my initial response.

For your convenience, here the detailed steps:

• Launch the Settings app.
    • Tap Ease of Access.
    • Tap More options.
    • Tap the On/Off slider under the Use Speech to announce caller ID to set it on or off.
    Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Attributes of WIFI Spots

With Windows 7 the list of available WIFI spots came with some attributes of that spot.

(i.e. Protection type, signal strength, etc.) How can I get a similar list in Windows 10?

BillyBob20, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Spot announcements

caller id announcement

Hi,
    sandra michelleanderson

Thank you for reaching out on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps provided below to turn on Speech:

• To turn on Speech for accessibility, tap Settings
      Spot announcements start-icon-settings.png
      > Ease of access, and then turn
      on
      Spot announcements basic-icon-toggle-on.png
      Speech for phone accessibility. This enables the following:
      • Talking caller ID for phone calls. When you get a call, your phone will announce the name or number of the caller.
      • Speed dialing. To assign a speed dial number, say "Save speed dial" and then follow the instructions. Once you assign some speed dial numbers, you can use the "Call speed dial" command to call them. Say "Call speed dial number"
        (where number is the assigned speed dial number)
      • Turning call forwarding on or off using Speech. Say "Turn call forwarding on" or "Turn call forwarding off."

• To have your phone announce and read incoming text messages, tap Settings > Speech, and then turn on
      Spot announcements basic-icon-toggle-on.png
      Play
      audio confirmations. Tap Read aloud incoming text messages, and then choose when you want to hear the announcements—all the time, or only when using a Bluetooth and/or a wired headset.

• When your phone announces an incoming text, you can say "Read it" or "Ignore." Then you can dictate and send a reply.

Please let us know if it helps.

Rowena Cam, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Spot announcements

1. Spot announcements - Similar Threads - Spot announcements

2. Microsoft Copilot app spotted in Windows Server 2022, but it does nothing for now

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Copilot app spotted in Windows Server 2022, but it does nothing for now: Microsoft Edge is quietly adding a Copilot app to Windows machines, and Windows Server 2022 is the latest target. Previously, a full-fledged Copilot was added to Windows Server 2025 preview builds, but Microsoft pulled the AI feature without telling us anything about it. It...
  3. Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...: Hi I have my desktop pc has a few driveslSamsung PRO SSD 1TB - OS2x Western Digital 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's He10's - lifetime of stuff2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB Both 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's pass on CHDSK, Western Digital Tests, all good.Did a benchmark test assuming G:...
  4. Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro 64bit - Windows Defender Custom Scan stops at same spot every time wont...: Hi I have my desktop pc has a few driveslSamsung PRO SSD 1TB - OS2x Western Digital 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's He10's - lifetime of stuff2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB Both 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510's pass on CHDSK, Western Digital Tests, all good.Did a benchmark test assuming G:...
  5. How to spot my device via dongle from disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to spot my device via dongle from disconnecting: Randomly my devices that connect via dongle will disconnect and reconnect in a couple of seconds I have no idea how to fix this I tried updating all my drivers and still nothing...
  6. How to spot my device via dongle from disconnecting

How to spot my device via dongle from disconnecting: Randomly my devices that connect via dongle will disconnect and reconnect in a couple of seconds I have no idea how to fix this I tried updating all my drivers and still nothing...
  7. Desktop is leaving an empty spot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop is leaving an empty spot: My desktop leaves an empty spot where an icon normally is. There is an empty space that normally has an icon but now it is an empty space. Never had this issue before. If install a new program it will fill in the empty space. If I restart my computer, the empty space comes...
  8. Desktop is leaving an empty spot

Desktop is leaving an empty spot: My desktop leaves an empty spot where an icon normally is. There is an empty space that normally has an icon but now it is an empty space. Never had this issue before. If install a new program it will fill in the empty space. If I restart my computer, the empty space comes...
  9. Why do I always have an empty icon spot in the last column of icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I always have an empty icon spot in the last column of icons on my desktop?: My windows desktop, either version 10 or 11 always has an empty icon spot in the last column of icons. No matter what I do it is always an empty spot....
  10. Why do I always have an empty icon spot in the last column of icons on my desktop?

Why do I always have an empty icon spot in the last column of icons on my desktop?: My windows desktop, either version 10 or 11 always has an empty icon spot in the last column of icons. No matter what I do it is always an empty spot....