Windows 10: Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets in the Windows 11 Insider...

Discus and support Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets in the Windows 11 Insider... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The first app widgets for Windows 11 are now available for testing in the Window 11 Insider Preview Program. This is what the Spotify and Phone Link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 2, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets in the Windows 11 Insider...

The first app widgets for Windows 11 are now available for testing in the Window 11 Insider Preview Program. This is what the Spotify and Phone Link widgets look like.

Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets in the Windows 11 Insider... Spotify-and-Phone-Link-are-the-first-apps-to-support-Widgets-on-Windows-11-Insider-Preview.jpg
    Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets on Windows 11

There are some prerequisites to try the widgets. Update to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25290 that has been released to the Dev Channel today. You will also need to install the latest version of the Spotify app and the Phone Link app to access their Widgets. Once you have updated the apps from the Microsoft Store, open the Widgets board, and click on the + button at the top. You should now see Spotify (Beta) and Phone Link in the Add Widgets page. Click the + button next to the widgets to pin them to the board.

Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets in the Windows 11 Insider... Spotify-and-Phone-Link-Widgets-for-Windows-11.jpg

All that the Spotify widget does is show you trending genres in your region. When you click on one of the options, it opens the corresponding page in the Spotify desktop app. The new Windows 11 widgets are too basic in terms of customization, you can't do much with them apart from selecting the widget's size, or to unpin (remove) them. There are three sizes to choose from: small, medium and large. The smallest widget displays a single option, in this case 1 trending channel, medium shows 2 lines, while the large widget places 4 options on the board. The full screen mode experience is identical to the normal view style.

The Spotify widget does not contain media controls or a mini player, which was what I was expecting to see. The only way to change the content that the widget shows is by switching your Windows' region to a different country. In other words, it's pretty much useless at this point.

Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets in the Windows 11 Insider... Phone-Link-widget-for-Windows-11.jpg

The Phone Link app, on the other hand, is somewhat useful. It requires the Link to Windows app to be installed on your mobile device, and you will need to be signed in to your account to use its widget. Once you have set it up, you will see your phone's name, battery level, network connectivity status, and the most recent notifications from your phone. You can't interact with the network icons from the widget, but the notifications can be dismissed.

Interestingly, the Phone Link widget works even when its desktop is closed, I'm assuming it runs as a service in the background, so you can view notifications quickly. However, when you click on a notification, it does open the PC app to allow you to interact with it.

The widgets are a bit buggy and may disappear at times, you have to click the refresh button at the top of the panel to make them reappear. Sometimes that may not work, you will need to keep trying to refresh the panel, and close/re-open the board a few times to get the widgets back. This is just the beginning, now that the Windows App SDK 1.2 is available for developers, it is only a matter of time before we see more widgets for apps.

Did you know that you can enable full screen mode for Widgets in the stable channel of Windows 11? Read our previous coverage to find out how to do that.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets in the Windows 11 Insider Preview Program appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 2, 2023
  2. LuizScruz Win User

Spotify widget is not showing.

Dear Muayyad,I understand that the Spotify Widget is not displayed in the Widgets menu;

Check if the widget is hidden;

Open the Xbox Game Bar;

Click Settings;

Click Widget Menu;

If Spotify is in the Hidden list, click (+) on the side to make the Widget visible;

Open the Widgets Menu and check if Spotify is there;

If not, try linking your Spotify account to Xbox Game Bar;

Go to Settings in Xbox Game Bar again;

Click Accounts;

Click Link next to Spotify to link your account;

Check that the widget is now displayed;

Hope this helps, see you soon!

LuizScruz, Feb 2, 2023
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Winuser Win User

Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets in the Windows 11 Insider...

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

1. Spotify and Phone Link are the first apps to support Widgets in the Windows 11 Insider... - Similar Threads - Spotify Phone Link

2. Phone link app on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link app on Windows 11: Hi, I love the phone link app on windows11 but i have a technical question. Is there any way to do double-touches like pinch and zoom without having a touchscreen on the pc? I know Blue-stacks accomplished this by having a keyboard key that you could map to be a second touch...
  3. Phone link app on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link app on Windows 11: Hi, I love the phone link app on windows11 but i have a technical question. Is there any way to do double-touches like pinch and zoom without having a touchscreen on the pc? I know Blue-stacks accomplished this by having a keyboard key that you could map to be a second touch...
  4. After unpinned Phone link and Spotify Widget now cannot pin Phone Link and Spotify Widget again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After unpinned Phone link and Spotify Widget now cannot pin Phone Link and Spotify Widget again: This morning when check my widget board that both Phone link and Spotify widget did not display any information like before. So, I unpinned both widgets from my widget board and now when I goes to add the Phone link and Spotify widgets again I got a grey out button for pin...
  5. After unpinned Phone link and Spotify Widget now cannot pin Phone Link and Spotify Widget again

After unpinned Phone link and Spotify Widget now cannot pin Phone Link and Spotify Widget again: This morning when check my widget board that both Phone link and Spotify widget did not display any information like before. So, I unpinned both widgets from my widget board and now when I goes to add the Phone link and Spotify widgets again I got a grey out button for pin...
  6. On Windows 11 Phone Link widget pin button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Windows 11 Phone Link widget pin button is greyed out: I'm unable to pin Phone Link widget, as it's greyed out, neither it's on the widget board. How to troubleshoot?I already have everything set up on the app, this issue happened after latest update on Windows Store for Phonelink, as the screenshot states, it was updated minutes...
  7. On Windows 11 Phone Link widget pin button is greyed out

On Windows 11 Phone Link widget pin button is greyed out: I'm unable to pin Phone Link widget, as it's greyed out, neither it's on the widget board. How to troubleshoot?I already have everything set up on the app, this issue happened after latest update on Windows Store for Phonelink, as the screenshot states, it was updated minutes...
  8. Spotify widget is not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify widget is not showing.: Hello,I've installed Windows 10 on my machine few weeks ago, And everything works fine I guess even though I've got bluescreen of death on the first day and few days later too got it I know the reason of BSOD though but I feel like it changed something in the Windows, I've...
  9. Spotify widget is not showing.

Spotify widget is not showing.: Hello,I've installed Windows 10 on my machine few weeks ago, And everything works fine I guess even though I've got bluescreen of death on the first day and few days later too got it I know the reason of BSOD though but I feel like it changed something in the Windows, I've...
  10. Xbox game gar spotify widget linking not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game gar spotify widget linking not working: when I click "link account" on the spotify widget setup it does literally nothing, is there a fix? submitted by /u/calvinatorzcraft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j23bkv/xbox_game_gar_spotify_widget_linking_not_working/