Windows 10: Spotify App auto change to windows app

Discus and support Spotify App auto change to windows app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I downloaded the spotify app onto my laptop from the web. When I restarted my computer and opened it, it said "migrating spotify data" and then it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SamMorris1525, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Spotify App auto change to windows app

I downloaded the spotify app onto my laptop from the web. When I restarted my computer and opened it, it said "migrating spotify data" and then it turned into Spotify AB which is the windows app. Is that normal? Is one version better than the other or does it automatically turn into the windows store app?

:)

SamMorris1525, Oct 4, 2020

2. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

Whenever i try to open spotify on the windows store, it just says "This app can't open. Check the store for more details about spotify." I check the store downloads page and spotify says "needs repairs".

So far i've tried:

- Repairing Spotify using the settings app

- Resetting Spotify using the settings app

- Uninstalling and reinstalling spotify with the settings app

- Deleting the spotify directory in /AppData/Roaming

- Doing all of these steps and then restarting

- Installing spotify off the website (which doesnt work because now windows store decides that its version is better)

I love using spotify and i desperately need a fix. Its getting really annoying. Any ideas?

charliehseymour, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Spotify App Update for Xbox One Update Preview

Source: New Spotify App Update for Xbox One Update Preview! - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Spotify App auto change to windows app

Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Spotify App auto change to windows app

1. Spotify App auto change to windows app - Similar Threads - Spotify App auto

2. Spotify App Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify App Issue: So I have bug in Spotify. So I changed country and when I logged in from the new country the bug started. So it shows a pop-up promoting Spotify premium and I cannot remove it. I have the option to subscribe or log out and if select subscribe and come back to the app the...
  3. Spotify App Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify App Issue: So I have bug in Spotify. So I changed country and when I logged in from the new country the bug started. So it shows a pop-up promoting Spotify premium and I cannot remove it. I have the option to subscribe or log out and if select subscribe and come back to the app the...
  4. Cann't link Spotify with Clock app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cann't link Spotify with Clock app: Just a blank page pops up ! Can anyone guide me how to overcome this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannt-link-spotify-with-clock-app/6fae798a-fa22-4c50-8cc8-3927e3bee66b
  5. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10: Hi, When I powered up my laptop this morning, I noticed the Spotify app popped up on my screen. Upon checking Program files I noticed it was download as an app from the MS Store. I never used the Spotify app on this laptop and don't have an account. I am signed in as a Local...
  6. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10: Hi, When I powered up my laptop this morning, I noticed the Spotify app popped up on my screen. Upon checking Program files I noticed it was download as an app from the MS Store. I never used the Spotify app on this laptop and don't have an account. I am signed in as a Local...
  7. Spotify - "no eligible devices for app install"

Spotify - "no eligible devices for app install": I just got a brand new Lenovo Think Pad.When I try to download the Spotify app in the Microsoft Store, I get "Retry There has been an error". I've rebooted several times. When I try through the Google Play Store, I get "No eligible device for install"Why can't I download the...
  8. Spotify as default music app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotify as default music app: Hi, i was wondering why I can't seem to be able to add spotify as my default music app? I'm in the latest version of Windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-as-default-music-app/413124c1-46e1-4c0c-aac7-80db35e908de
  9. Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?: I have the Spotify app installed on a fresh install of windows 10. Does everyone have the Spotify app? submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4bbdq/is_the_spotify_app_installed_by_default_on/
  10. Spotify app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify app: Can't install Spotify app from Microsoft Store. Keep getting error code 0x80073D05. Any help would be grateful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-app/4fdf1158-ccf9-40fd-9c51-ffa038d9b365"