Windows 10: SPOTIFY app from Windows store freezes Windows 10 when opening or closing

Discus and support SPOTIFY app from Windows store freezes Windows 10 when opening or closing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Spotify app from Windows store freezes the cursor in Windows 10. I have tried to fix it, reset it, uninstall and reinstall and every thing Spotify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MoonCookee, Nov 26, 2018.

1. SPOTIFY app from Windows store freezes Windows 10 when opening or closing

The Spotify app from Windows store freezes the cursor in Windows 10. I have tried to fix it, reset it, uninstall and reinstall and every thing Spotify support gave me and still it happens 95% of the time. Any Answers?

:)

MoonCookee, Nov 26, 2018

2. Spotify app causes complete system freeze when opened

Starting up the Spotify app causes my computer to simply freeze as is and is unrecoverable except through reset/holding down the power button. It happens with the store app AND the desktop app downloaded from the Spotify website.

I'm running fully updated Windows 10.

Steps tried so far:

- Spotify support can't help.

- Event Viewer shows Spotify.exe stopped interacting with Windows, but not much else.

- Resetting/reinstalling the app temporarily fixes the problem, but restarting the PC/close and reopening the app brings it back.

- All relevant troubleshooters run

Captain-Mosey, Nov 26, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

SPOTIFY app from Windows store freezes Windows 10 when opening or closing

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

SPOTIFY app from Windows store freezes Windows 10 when opening or closing

1. SPOTIFY app from Windows store freezes Windows 10 when opening or closing - Similar Threads - SPOTIFY app store

2. Apps open when closing another window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps open when closing another window: I have been dealing with a recent issue on multiple devices after upgrading to windows 11. I am very confused if this is the apps themselves or windows 11 just being buggy. But when I keep multiple windows open. Eventually after closing 1 of them, another app on my computer...
  3. Apps open when closing another window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open when closing another window: I have been dealing with a recent issue on multiple devices after upgrading to windows 11. I am very confused if this is the apps themselves or windows 11 just being buggy. But when I keep multiple windows open. Eventually after closing 1 of them, another app on my computer...
  4. Windows Store Opening and Closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Opening and Closing: HiCan someone help me ?i just formatting my computer because ransomware attack and after i formatting computer i want to download game from microsoft store but it didn't work i try every method and no one work and yeah i reinstall the windows again after the format can...
  5. Windows Store Opening and Closing

Windows Store Opening and Closing: HiCan someone help me ?i just formatting my computer because ransomware attack and after i formatting computer i want to download game from microsoft store but it didn't work i try every method and no one work and yeah i reinstall the windows again after the format can...
  6. Windows 10 freezing when opening windows apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezing when opening windows apps: Hello, i want to ask something here why when i open calculator or others apps like windows explorer, task manager, or windows setting its keep freezing like 10-15 second how do i fix that?...
  7. Spotify from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotify from Windows Store: Hey, so my brother's trying to install the desktop app version of Spotify from the official site, but every time he installs it/launches it from the site, it seems to change to the Windows Store version of Spotify. He's tried uninstalling it multiple times, and we've...
  8. Windows 10 freezes when install apps from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 freezes when install apps from Microsoft Store: I haven't been able to resolve my issue when trying to install apps, and games from the Microsoft Store it freezes my pc. After a few clean installs of windows over the last year, the same problems still happen. It seems Windows never has fixed this issue. No other...
  9. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.: Hello, Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working. Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803 Done below steps but still having same issue. 1. Run - wsreset.exe 2. Windows Store...
  10. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open": Whenever i try to open spotify on the windows store, it just says "This app can't open. Check the store for more details about spotify." I check the store downloads page and spotify says "needs repairs". So far i've tried: - Repairing Spotify using the settings app -...