Windows 10: Spotify app is automatically getting installed on Windows 10 & Windows 11

Discus and support Spotify app is automatically getting installed on Windows 10 & Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to many users on social media platforms and individual reports received by us, Spotify – the popular streaming app – was automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 28, 2022.

1. WinLatest New Member

Spotify app is automatically getting installed on Windows 10 & Windows 11

According to many users on social media platforms and individual reports received by us, Spotify – the popular streaming app – was automatically installed on Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers without warning. We don’t know if this was an intentional decision by Microsoft or a bug, but the app also started on startup for many users,

The report is all over social media platforms like Twitter (1, 2, 3) and Reddit. Some have also left negative reviews in the Microsoft Store, asking Microsoft officials to explain how the app was automatically installed on their systems.

“My computer updated itself last night and Spotify was on it this morning. The easiest way to insure I don’t trust your app. – Uninstalled and left a 1 star review for being creepy,” one of the users noted.

Spotify app is automatically getting installed on Windows 10 & Windows 11 Spotify-installed-automatically.jpg

“Noticed it yesterday. Told a friend and he had it too. Uninstalled it immediately. The age of Windows updating with bloatware is now,” another user added. “Anyone running Windows 11 randomly have spotify start launching on startup despite never using it before?” a user expressed their frustration on Twitter.

“Did Windows just force Spotify on anyone else in the last few days? Two machines have done this now. Far too much control is taken by Microsoft now I think, time to put this new SSD into my Linux box and use that for daily tasks (besides Steam),” another Twitter user tweeted.

We don’t know how the app got installed on Windows machines. It can’t be Spotify as the app store is controlled by Microsoft. It’s possible that Microsoft accidentally pushed out the app to PCs via its app store due to a bug in the system.

However, it’s also possible that this is a feature. That’s because Microsoft does have the ultimate control over the apps “rented” i.e downloaded from the Store. The company uses the same mechanism to automatically install Candy Crush and other apps.

Even if the Spotify app was installed on Windows 10 / Windows 11 without that explicit permission, you can always uninstall it and it won’t download or install again. That said, it goes without saying that many users still take offence to Microsoft downloading apps onto their systems without their consent, even though it can be removed.

We’ve reached out to Microsoft for comment and we’ll update this article if we hear back from the company.

The post Spotify app is automatically getting installed on Windows 10 & Windows 11 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Spotify app is automatically getting installed on Windows 10 & Windows 11 [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Lumia Windows Phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Spotify app is automatically getting installed on Windows 10 & Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Spotify app automatically

2. Spotify is getting installed on some Windows PCs automatically

in Windows 10 News
    Spotify is getting installed on some Windows PCs automatically: It appears that the Spotify application is getting installed on some Windows 10 and 11 devices automatically in the past couple of days. According to user reports, Spotify is installed automatically and run on system start, prompting users to sign-in to accounts or sign-up...
  3. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10: Hi, When I powered up my laptop this morning, I noticed the Spotify app popped up on my screen. Upon checking Program files I noticed it was download as an app from the MS Store. I never used the Spotify app on this laptop and don't have an account. I am signed in as a Local...
  4. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10: Hi, When I powered up my laptop this morning, I noticed the Spotify app popped up on my screen. Upon checking Program files I noticed it was download as an app from the MS Store. I never used the Spotify app on this laptop and don't have an account. I am signed in as a Local...
  5. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Spotify Downloaded Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify Downloaded Automatically: I didn't download Spotify, now or ever before, but when I shut down my PC and turned it on again, Spotify is there; it was installed without any permission or anything. Is that virus or some other problem or just Windows being Windows?...
  7. Spotify Downloaded Automatically

Spotify Downloaded Automatically: I didn't download Spotify, now or ever before, but when I shut down my PC and turned it on again, Spotify is there; it was installed without any permission or anything. Is that virus or some other problem or just Windows being Windows?...
  8. Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?: I have the Spotify app installed on a fresh install of windows 10. Does everyone have the Spotify app? submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4bbdq/is_the_spotify_app_installed_by_default_on/
  9. how to stop spotify opening automatically windows 10

how to stop spotify opening automatically windows 10: Hi, I already solved this problem. just want to share this method. Actually I don't know why they do like that. we cannot change anything in Spotify app and found nothing about Spotify in taskmanager startup tab. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] They add startup task here. [ATTACH]...
  10. Spotify app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify app: Can't install Spotify app from Microsoft Store. Keep getting error code 0x80073D05. Any help would be grateful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-app/4fdf1158-ccf9-40fd-9c51-ffa038d9b365"