Windows 10: Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error

Discus and support Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The Spotify app crashes and just closes in the background. I have uninstalled and cleared the app from the C drive folders as well as the registry... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DannyVee89, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error

The Spotify app crashes and just closes in the background. I have uninstalled and cleared the app from the C drive folders as well as the registry after the uninstallation. Even used CCleaner to clear registry after uninstallation. The app was then reinstalled through the windows store and the issue still persists. Some online suggested fixes asked me to try compability mode, but I am unable to access the exe file to attempt to turn on compability mode or anything since it was installed through the windows store. I am also unable to replace the combase.dll file due to access restrictions. I

:)

DannyVee89, Jun 21, 2022

2. Spotify crashing on N8 since latest Belle update

Hi,

Tried to reproduce but couldn't. I don't like the spotify interface so I may not have done a thorough test.

Can you provide the steps to reproduce the error, including a list of other apps that you're running?

Cheers!

matthewleech---01, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Elliot B. Win User
    Explorer.exe crashes whenever I try to open a network computer

I have a Windows 10 computer that is experiencing some unusual problems accessing networked computers and devices.

If I go to "This PC" (My Computer) and expand the "Network" section in the left-hand navigation bar, I can see all of the computers on our network. However, if I double click on the icon for one of those networked computers, explorer.exe will crash, I temporarily lose the start bar and then moments later explorer.exe restarts.

I captured a dump of the crash and this is the stack:

It would appear that Windows_UI_Xaml is causing the crash somehow, but unfortunately that DLL seems to be a pretty central part of Windows 10. Googling for issues with the DLL and crashes related to networked computers has turned up nothing.

For what it's worth, this computer also cannot find any of the shared networked printers on my network and I've been unable to get it to join the "Homegroup" to share devices. I do not have these problems for other computers on the network.

Any ideas on the root cause of the crashing? Any suggestions for additional troubleshooting steps?

Elliot B., Jun 21, 2022
  4. Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error

Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error

1. Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error - Similar Threads - Spotify app repeatedly

2. Forza Horizon 5 crashes with 0xc0000005 error due to VCRUNTIME140.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 crashes with 0xc0000005 error due to VCRUNTIME140.dll: Hi, I've already contacted Forza Support but these... uh... guys sent me here. So, here's the deal. The game crashes repeatedly after any interval between 5 mins and 2+ hours. It crashes with no error and no freezing. However, I've found this in the Event Viewer:Faulting...
  3. Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error: The Spotify app crashes and just closes in the background. I have uninstalled and cleared the app from the C drive folders as well as the registry after the uninstallation. Even used CCleaner to clear registry after uninstallation. The app was then reinstalled through the...
  4. Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error: The Spotify app crashes and just closes in the background. I have uninstalled and cleared the app from the C drive folders as well as the registry after the uninstallation. Even used CCleaner to clear registry after uninstallation. The app was then reinstalled through the...
  5. Repeated crashes due to netwt10.sys failure.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to netwt10.sys failure.: I have an hp omen 15 with an intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200. Since I updated my drivers I have been getting a BSoD with the following message that says that there was an UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and that what failed is the Netwt10.sys. I've tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING,...
  6. app crashes due to a dll file on the system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    app crashes due to a dll file on the system: so im trying to play a game, right?, then in one exact part of the game it just crashes without advice or any type of warning or missing path, i go to event viewer, and see that it says that the faulting path is...
  7. app crashes due to a dll file on the system

app crashes due to a dll file on the system: so im trying to play a game, right?, then in one exact part of the game it just crashes without advice or any type of warning or missing path, i go to event viewer, and see that it says that the faulting path is...
  8. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. Hi Rob! That is where i am confused. This morning it crashed again. this is the error I get: [ATTACH] and when I go to the Intel Driver and Support Assistant this us what it tells me: [ATTACH] and when I click ‘Install’ it fails saying:...
  9. Repeated Crashing of Apps

Repeated Crashing of Apps: SO, recently there have been a few things happening to my Lenovo V330-14IKB laptop running Windows 10 (1803). First, Magnifier would randomly enter docked mode from full screen. Second, Chrome started giving me some Aw Snap! messages. Then, when I wanted to swipe...
  10. Explorer.exe crash loop, combase / OneDrive

Explorer.exe crash loop, combase / OneDrive: Hi, I know this isn't a BSOD, but I definitely need y'all's dump analysis skills on this problem. I'm posting this on behalf of my twin while I troubleshoot and try to fix this issue for him. I've come to a standstill now and can't proceed - I'm not sure what the source of...