Windows 10: Spotify as Default and Load from Keyboard it is possible

Discus and support Spotify as Default and Load from Keyboard it is possible in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am posting this because I seen hundreds looking for the answer to this and getting told it is not possible. But it is possible., Here is how... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidPreston1977, May 28, 2020.

1. Spotify as Default and Load from Keyboard it is possible

I am posting this because I seen hundreds looking for the answer to this and getting told it is not possible. But it is possible.,

Here is how...

I did it.

WINDOWS 10 not sure for other OS

I removed the Windows App store version and downloaded the Windows Version from Spotify

I searched all spotify files *spotify*.* in file explorer and deleted them, but you may not have to do this, I also ran cCleaner

- https://www.spotify.com/uk/download/windows/

sign in very important to create the app link in appdata for later
    I got an MP3 file, Right clicked and open with. I then hovered over open with another program... Selected "Choose another app"
    Click More Apps......

Scroll to the bottom... click... "Look for another app on this PC"

then go to the folder containing Spotify to get this, Right click the spotify Icon and then properties Example - C://Users/usersname/Appdata/roaming/spotify/spotify.exe Then Clicked open. Nothing happens don't worry

Now goto... PCSettings, Apps, default apps, Music Player should be Groove or Windows Click it, Select Spotify. Done. Now when I press the Music button on my Keyboard Spotify loads.

If you have a computer for multiple users, you may have to play around as it took ages to get to work on my partners. but on my PC worked first time.

Hope this helps those that just want to click 1 button and load Spotify from their Keyboard etc. feel free to share elsewhere.

Sorry mods if in wrong section, please post in correct section

:)

DavidPreston1977, May 28, 2020
  2. catbj Win User

Spotify not supported on E72?

I can't find E72 on the list of supported phones. Is it not possible to to down load spotify to E72?

catbj, May 28, 2020
  3. UrunTekin Win User
    Default Music Player

Hello,

I want to assign my keyboard's launch music player key to Spotify on win 10. For this I need to either assign the media key to the program somehow, or change the default music player.

The default music player is Groove and this is the one that starts when I press music player button. I cannot change the default program to Spotify, because it does not show up in the list when I go to default programs > music player. It suggest I search
    in the store, so I downloaded store version of Spotify as well, and it still doesn't show up there.

So how do I either change the behaviour of the music launcher key, or change the default music player to a program that does not show up in the list of music players under default programs.

UrunTekin, May 28, 2020
  4. Spotify as Default and Load from Keyboard it is possible

Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Spotify as Default and Load from Keyboard it is possible

1. Spotify as Default and Load from Keyboard it is possible - Similar Threads - Spotify Default Load

2. Spotify as default music app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotify as default music app: Hi, i was wondering why I can't seem to be able to add spotify as my default music app? I'm in the latest version of Windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-as-default-music-app/413124c1-46e1-4c0c-aac7-80db35e908de
  3. Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?: I have the Spotify app installed on a fresh install of windows 10. Does everyone have the Spotify app? submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4bbdq/is_the_spotify_app_installed_by_default_on/
  4. Spotify from Windows Store

Spotify from Windows Store: Hey, so my brother's trying to install the desktop app version of Spotify from the official site, but every time he installs it/launches it from the site, it seems to change to the Windows Store version of Spotify. He's tried uninstalling it multiple times, and we've...
  5. Windows alt-tab borked, possibly by spotify?

Windows alt-tab borked, possibly by spotify?: So I've found something very interesting(and annoying) If I let spotify open at startup, open up youtube, then try using F8 to play/pause, my alt-tab breaks for around 20 seconds. I can close youtube and the entire browser, but it will still break alt-tab if I try and use...
  6. Spotify issues - Is there a way to put a limit on a files possible size?

Spotify issues - Is there a way to put a limit on a files possible size?: So, spotify. I have major issues with load time of spotify when I first start up my pc. It will take like 5 minutes sometimes to be able to simply search. I've found that if I delete the LocalCache file, it fixes this. But I have to do this at least once a week it seems, if...
  7. Spotify: Incorrect images loading for Local Files?

Spotify: Incorrect images loading for Local Files?: Edit: the problem has been solved! Since the Album tag for every song was "Local Files", Spotify was using the same image for songs with the same Artist tag (obviously thinking that 'Artist - Local Files' was one album, so it used the same image for all songs by the same...
  8. Keyboard keeps changing from my default!

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard keeps changing from my default!: I installed windows 10 and set English (UK) as my main display languaje. However, as I live in Spain, my keyboard is spanish. I even use Spanish locale so my dates and currencies are displayed the way they are in spain. Because I use Eng language, I am forced to have...
  9. Is it possible to stop a specific printer from becoming default?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to stop a specific printer from becoming default?: I use a couple of printers, so the option to have the default set to my last used one is useful to me. But I also have a Dymo Labelwriter, which is listed in printers. When I print a label, it becomes the default printer which is kind of annoying. Is there any way I can set...
  10. Spotify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify: I uninstalled Spotify, and searched the registry and removed any Spotify entries that were found. I also used the Everything search program to look for Spotify and I deleted the items it found, which included prefetch items. However, every time I start my PC the messages...