Windows 10: Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it.

Discus and support Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to get the desktop version of Spotify and I've tried downloading from the website, as well as from a download link that's supposed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dapodeen, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it.

I'm trying to get the desktop version of Spotify and I've tried downloading from the website, as well as from a download link that's supposed to directly download an installer for the desktop version. Without fail every single time when I open Spotify it is the Microsoft Store version. I uninstalled Spotify before each attempt to reinstall it, and at one point after uninstalling it I tried taking out of my Microsoft Store library entirely but it didn't even give me the option. My brother tried making a post asking about the situation and he got this comment:

1. press win + R
    2. type in regedit
    3. press enter
    4. goto Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AppXSvc
    5. on the right hand double click on start
    6. change the value to 2
    7. press ok
    8. restart your computer.

I tried this while having Spotify uninstalled, and when I reinstalled Spotify from the Spotify website and opened it it was still the Microsoft Store version. Does someone know what I can do to stop it from doing this?

submitted by /u/Dapodeen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dapodeen, Jan 13, 2021

2. How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop Version Installation Package.

Hello. For some reason, I must install Spotify by using Spotify's offline installer, but the installer detected that I have previously installed the MS Store version, so it automatically installed the MS Store version. I
    have already found topics form the Spotify Community, but it told me to ask for Microsoft,

Here is the Spotify Community page: (EDIT: I didn't create the post below)

Getting the regular Spotify, not the Windows 10 St... - The Spotify Community

Here is a capture of the 'About Spotify' box:

Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it. 52fdb681-f199-4b3d-b95f-d89fc612950a?upload=true.png

Best Regards,

Bosco

BoscoChungYT, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Unable to install Spotify from Microsoft Store

Hi Evandro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Are you able to install other apps from the Store?
    • Do you see any error code/message on the installation failure?
    • Were you using the app before or are you installing it for the first time?

If you’re installing Spotify for the first time, I suggest you to try the methods listed below and check if it works:

Method 1

Update Windows 10:

Windows 10 periodically checks for the latest updates and security features and installs them automatically to keep your device running smoothly and securely. Refer
    Update Windows 10
    to know how to check for updates.

Method 2

Run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• Open Settings and choose Update & Security.
    • On the left pane, click on Troubleshoot
      and choose Windows Store Apps.
    • Allow the troubleshooter to run its course and try install the app again.

Method 3

Reset Store cache:

• Open Microsoft Store and sign out of the same.
    • Press ‘Win + R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the run dialog box and type the following into the Run box:
      wsreset.exe
    • Once the command is executed, sign in to the Microsoft Store and see if it works.

Method 4

At times, a corrupt user profile could also be an issue. If the above methods do not resolve the issue, you may want to
    Create a new local user or administrator account and see
    if the installation goes through.

If the issue persists, revert to us with the exact error code/message to troubleshoot accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it.

Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it.

1. Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it. - Similar Threads - Spotify automatically switches

2. Microsoft Store crashes on startup every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store crashes on startup every time: Every time I try to launch Microsoft Store it immediately crashes and when I look in Event Viewer, a new Error appears from that time in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application:Faulting application name: WinStore.App.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65529fd7Faulting...
  3. Microsoft Store crashes on startup every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store crashes on startup every time: Every time I try to launch Microsoft Store it immediately crashes and when I look in Event Viewer, a new Error appears from that time in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application:Faulting application name: WinStore.App.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65529fd7Faulting...
  4. Microsoft Store crashes every time I try to install Minecraft Launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store crashes every time I try to install Minecraft Launcher: I'm attempting to install Minecraft on the Microsoft Store but to no avail, it doesn't install and also crashes Microsoft Store. So, what did I do to fix the problem? I recently solved the issue myself and realized that other people experienced the same problem with no...
  5. Microsoft Store crashes every time I try to install Minecraft Launcher

Microsoft Store crashes every time I try to install Minecraft Launcher: I'm attempting to install Minecraft on the Microsoft Store but to no avail, it doesn't install and also crashes Microsoft Store. So, what did I do to fix the problem? I recently solved the issue myself and realized that other people experienced the same problem with no...
  6. Every time that I a program Microsoft store pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time that I a program Microsoft store pops up.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program and never does...
  7. Every time that I a program Microsoft store pops up.

Every time that I a program Microsoft store pops up.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program and never does...
  8. How could I disable the Microsoft store to download their version of Spotify | I couldn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How could I disable the Microsoft store to download their version of Spotify | I couldn't...: When I download Spotify from their website it automatically installs the Microsoft Store version. I would want the normal version of Spotify. How could I disable Microsoft Store to get the normal Spotify. submitted by /u/TouchMyCroissant [link] [comments]...
  9. How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop...: Hello. For some reason, I must install Spotify by using Spotify's offline installer, but the installer detected that I have previously installed the MS Store version, so it automatically installed the MS Store version. I have already found topics form the Spotify Community,...
  10. Unable to install Spotify from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install Spotify from Microsoft Store: I can't download and install the spotify in my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10. What is the problem? ***Original title: Spotify*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-spotify-from-microsoft-store/43128c7c-9c91-419f-82c2-2c29b8d2a9b7"