Windows 10: Spotify Downloaded Automatically

Discus and support Spotify Downloaded Automatically in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I didn't download Spotify, now or ever before, but when I shut down my PC and turned it on again, Spotify is there; it was installed without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by M&M-A, Sep 23, 2022.

1. M&M-A Win User

Spotify Downloaded Automatically

I didn't download Spotify, now or ever before, but when I shut down my PC and turned it on again, Spotify is there; it was installed without any permission or anything. Is that virus or some other problem or just Windows being Windows?

:)

M&M-A, Sep 23, 2022

2. Spotify

Hi basilorjwan

follow these steps

1. Go to Spotify.com and click on the Get Spotify button.

2. A window will appear asking you to create an account. Here you can create one with an email address or connect with your Facebook account.

3. Once you have your account, the Spotify desktop application will be downloaded automatically.

4. Open the Spotify installation file by double clicking on it. You will see a new window that says: Downloading Spotify.

5. Once this process is finished, the application will open automatically and will welcome you to the service with a pop-up. In this, you can also configure (before you start listening) if you want the music you listen to be shared on Facebook automatically
    (this can also be changed later).

6. Ready! You can now start using Spotify.

MaritzaCapiro, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Cannot download Spotify

Hi Bill,

Since you cannot download an app from the Microsoft Store, it means that the cache in this store was already overloaded. Clearing the cache is needed periodically to clean all the temporary data stored on your computer.

Here's what you can do:

• Perform the WSReset command to clear the store app’s cache and reset it to a clean state
      (This also applies to built-in apps of Windows 10). To do so, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows + R to open the
    Run window.

2. Type in WSReset.exe, then click
    OK.

3. Wait for the command to finish.

• Make sure that you disable all your anti-viruses and firewall temporarily. Have your
      Microsoft account log in to authorize your computer to accept apps from our store. It includes removing and reinstalling the app.
      Then, enable Windows Defender only later on.

Once done with the troubleshooting steps above, you can start downloading
    Spotify again from the Microsoft Store here: Spotify Music.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Johann Eva, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Spotify Downloaded Automatically

Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Spotify Downloaded Automatically

1. Spotify Downloaded Automatically - Similar Threads - Spotify Downloaded Automatically

2. Computer keeps trying to download Spotify???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps trying to download Spotify???: I'm not sure if anyone else encounters this, but whenever I go onto a different application, aka one outside of my browser, my PC occasionally pops up saying something about downloading Spotify music??? I'm using a family PC, so I need to ask so it doesn't download on its...
  3. Computer keeps trying to download Spotify???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps trying to download Spotify???: I'm not sure if anyone else encounters this, but whenever I go onto a different application, aka one outside of my browser, my PC occasionally pops up saying something about downloading Spotify music??? I'm using a family PC, so I need to ask so it doesn't download on its...
  4. Spotify intergration with Windows 10 and downloading playlists

Spotify intergration with Windows 10 and downloading playlists: Hi,Whilst this may not be a direct microsoft or windows question I thought that someone in the community may be able to advise.I am a spotify premium member and I am looking to download TWO of the playlists not the songs, unless they come along with it in spotify.I have read...
  5. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10: Hi, When I powered up my laptop this morning, I noticed the Spotify app popped up on my screen. Upon checking Program files I noticed it was download as an app from the MS Store. I never used the Spotify app on this laptop and don't have an account. I am signed in as a Local...
  6. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10: Hi, When I powered up my laptop this morning, I noticed the Spotify app popped up on my screen. Upon checking Program files I noticed it was download as an app from the MS Store. I never used the Spotify app on this laptop and don't have an account. I am signed in as a Local...
  7. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Spotify Downloaded Automatically

Spotify Downloaded Automatically: I didn't download Spotify, now or ever before, but when I shut down my PC and turned it on again, Spotify is there; it was installed without any permission or anything. Is that virus or some other problem or just Windows being Windows?...
  9. cannot download spotify on microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot download spotify on microsoft store: Dear Microsoft team I can't download spotify on Microsoft store, but I can download other apps like I tune . is this the problem from spotify? regards...
  10. Cannot download Spotify

Cannot download Spotify: Split from this thread. Having the same problem trying to download Spotify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/cannot-download-spotify/b2fd0d7c-6bcb-4bd7-b748-3e6b677abf8c