Windows 10: spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work

Discus and support spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by huwrowlands, Jan 16, 2020.

1. spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work

spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work

:)

huwrowlands, Jan 16, 2020

2. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

Whenever i try to open spotify on the windows store, it just says "This app can't open. Check the store for more details about spotify." I check the store downloads page and spotify says "needs repairs".

So far i've tried:

- Repairing Spotify using the settings app

- Resetting Spotify using the settings app

- Uninstalling and reinstalling spotify with the settings app

- Deleting the spotify directory in /AppData/Roaming

- Doing all of these steps and then restarting

- Installing spotify off the website (which doesnt work because now windows store decides that its version is better)

I love using spotify and i desperately need a fix. Its getting really annoying. Any ideas?

charliehseymour, Jan 16, 2020
  3. RioYudha Win User
    cannot download spotify on microsoft store

Dear Microsoft team

I can't download spotify on Microsoft store, but I can download other apps like I tune . is this the problem from spotify?

regards

RioYudha, Jan 16, 2020
  4. spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work

Cannot download Spotify

Hi Bill,

Since you cannot download an app from the Microsoft Store, it means that the cache in this store was already overloaded. Clearing the cache is needed periodically to clean all the temporary data stored on your computer.

Here's what you can do:

• Perform the WSReset command to clear the store app’s cache and reset it to a clean state
      (This also applies to built-in apps of Windows 10). To do so, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows + R to open the
    Run window.

2. Type in WSReset.exe, then click
    OK.

3. Wait for the command to finish.

• Make sure that you disable all your anti-viruses and firewall temporarily. Have your
      Microsoft account log in to authorize your computer to accept apps from our store. It includes removing and reinstalling the app.
      Then, enable Windows Defender only later on.

Once done with the troubleshooting steps above, you can start downloading
    Spotify again from the Microsoft Store here: Spotify Music.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Johann Eva, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work

1. spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work - Similar Threads - spotify downloaded microsoft

2. Microsoft Store doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store doesnt work: Whenever i try to open Microsoft store, it either opens and crashes or it doesnt open. I tried reinstalling it with Windows Powershell Admin, but when i type this command: Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. Microsoft Store doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store doesnt work: Whenever i try to open Microsoft store, it either opens and crashes or it doesnt open. I tried reinstalling it with Windows Powershell Admin, but when i type this command: Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  4. Microsoft Store doesnt work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Spotify from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotify from Windows Store: Hey, so my brother's trying to install the desktop app version of Spotify from the official site, but every time he installs it/launches it from the site, it seems to change to the Windows Store version of Spotify. He's tried uninstalling it multiple times, and we've...
  6. DOWNLOADS FROM MICROSOFT STORE

DOWNLOADS FROM MICROSOFT STORE: When I try to download from Microsoft Store, all I get is the spinning wheel. Is there a way to redownload Microsoft Store? What could be causing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-from-microsoft-store/d3eeaa97-1864-4484-83ec-2c3bb74274eb
  7. How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop...

How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop...: Hello. For some reason, I must install Spotify by using Spotify's offline installer, but the installer detected that I have previously installed the MS Store version, so it automatically installed the MS Store version. I have already found topics form the Spotify Community,...
  8. Downloads From Microsoft Store

Downloads From Microsoft Store: Hello. In the store application, first you have to click "get apps", then you own the app If it is a free one. There is download button next, you have to click to that one next. Then I got the information that it is waiting for some reason. Is it waiting for internet...
  9. Unable to install Spotify from Microsoft Store

Unable to install Spotify from Microsoft Store: I can't download and install the spotify in my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10. What is the problem? ***Original title: Spotify*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-spotify-from-microsoft-store/43128c7c-9c91-419f-82c2-2c29b8d2a9b7"
  10. cannot download spotify on microsoft store

cannot download spotify on microsoft store: Dear Microsoft team I can't download spotify on Microsoft store, but I can download other apps like I tune . is this the problem from spotify? regards...