Windows 10: Spotify from Windows Store

Discus and support Spotify from Windows Store in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, so my brother's trying to install the desktop app version of Spotify from the official site, but every time he installs it/launches it from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pepic_, Jan 13, 2021.

1. /u/Pepic_ Win User

Spotify from Windows Store

Hey, so my brother's trying to install the desktop app version of Spotify from the official site, but every time he installs it/launches it from the site, it seems to change to the Windows Store version of Spotify.

He's tried uninstalling it multiple times, and we've looked for ways to remove Spotify from his Store library, but there's literally not an option anywhere.

Any fixes? Thanks

submitted by /u/Pepic_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pepic_, Jan 13, 2021

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

Whenever i try to open spotify on the windows store, it just says "This app can't open. Check the store for more details about spotify." I check the store downloads page and spotify says "needs repairs".

So far i've tried:

- Repairing Spotify using the settings app

- Resetting Spotify using the settings app

- Uninstalling and reinstalling spotify with the settings app

- Deleting the spotify directory in /AppData/Roaming

- Doing all of these steps and then restarting

- Installing spotify off the website (which doesnt work because now windows store decides that its version is better)

I love using spotify and i desperately need a fix. Its getting really annoying. Any ideas?

charliehseymour, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Spotify from Windows Store

Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be when app feature do not work the way they supposed to. However, could you please let us know from where you got the Spotify app?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
    2. Click on Region & Language.
    3. Check if country and language is set to United States and
      English (United States).
    4. Then set up Cortana again.
    5. Log out from your Spotify account and log in again.
    6. Then try integrating Cortana with
      Spotify and check.

We would also suggest you to run troubleshoot for Microsoft Store Apps if you have installed the app from Microsoft Store by referring to

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

You may also want to refer
    Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana for details

Data Loss Disclaimer: While performing
    Reset your PC steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Spotify from Windows Store

1. Spotify from Windows Store - Similar Threads - Spotify Store

2. This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.: So i was playing on my Cyborg A13VE, and i was gonna open the spotify app, tell me this app cant open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify. , i already tried some past solution but it couldnt work including restart the computer....
  3. This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.: So i was playing on my Cyborg A13VE, and i was gonna open the spotify app, tell me this app cant open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify. , i already tried some past solution but it couldnt work including restart the computer....
  4. My new pc won't download any apps from Microsoft store. I've tried netflix, spotify, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new pc won't download any apps from Microsoft store. I've tried netflix, spotify, it...: I've tried netflix, spotify, it says 'we're having trouble connecting' and offers me to retry, but they still don't download these apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-pc-wont-download-any-apps-from-microsoft/d4fd8dc6-9e61-4bf7-82b9-e8ca5824b708
  5. My new pc won't download any apps from Microsoft store. I've tried netflix, spotify, it...

My new pc won't download any apps from Microsoft store. I've tried netflix, spotify, it...: I've tried netflix, spotify, it says 'we're having trouble connecting' and offers me to retry, but they still don't download these apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-pc-wont-download-any-apps-from-microsoft/d4fd8dc6-9e61-4bf7-82b9-e8ca5824b708
  6. I am unable to open any basic apps PredatorSense_V30, spotify, microsoft store, email,...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am unable to open any basic apps PredatorSense_V30, spotify, microsoft store, email,...: I get this message all the time when attempting to do pretty much ANYTHING! I am an adult, administrator, and am not part of any "family safety" program, or anything similar. How can I fix this?When I click "Ask by email" it saysWhat is going on? This started when I ran an...
  7. I am unable to open any basic apps PredatorSense_V30, spotify, microsoft store, email,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to open any basic apps PredatorSense_V30, spotify, microsoft store, email,...: I get this message all the time when attempting to do pretty much ANYTHING! I am an adult, administrator, and am not part of any "family safety" program, or anything similar. How can I fix this?When I click "Ask by email" it saysWhat is going on? This started when I ran an...
  8. I am unable to open any basic apps PredatorSense_V30, spotify, microsoft store, email,...

9. Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it.: I'm trying to get the desktop version of Spotify and I've tried downloading from the website, as well as from a download link that's supposed to directly download an installer for the desktop version. Without fail every single time when I open Spotify it is the Microsoft...
  10. Bought this laptop a few months ago and got spotify from the microsoft store, turned the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bought this laptop a few months ago and got spotify from the microsoft store, turned the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InterestingName216 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itsmwn/bought_this_laptop_a_few_months_ago_and_got/