Windows 10: Spotify: how to remove it from startup task?

Discus and support Spotify: how to remove it from startup task? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Spotify: how to remove it from startup task? It's come to my attention that a suspicious sounding piece of software has somehow made its way to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by goopy, Nov 30, 2019.

1. goopy Win User

Spotify: how to remove it from startup task?

It's come to my attention that a suspicious sounding piece of software has somehow made its way to the list of startup tasks. I've looked at the usual registry locations as well as the task scheduler, but failed to find any trace of the culprit. Can anyone kindly advise what other locations can store a start up task in Windows 10?

Many thanks and best regards,

Spotify: how to remove it from startup task? [​IMG]

:)

goopy, Nov 30, 2019

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Nov 30, 2019
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Spotify: how to remove it from startup task? - Similar Threads - Spotify remove startup

2. How to remove Spotify from Windows Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Spotify from Windows Clock: I would like to close the Spotify view in windows clock but I can not find this option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-spotify-from-windows-clock/5715e058-98c1-4727-854a-832ab1e96302
  3. How to remove Spotify from Windows Clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Spotify from Windows Clock: I would like to close the Spotify view in windows clock but I can not find this option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-spotify-from-windows-clock/5715e058-98c1-4727-854a-832ab1e96302
  4. How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?: Whenever I start my laptop, it automatically startups irrelevant temp files. Many file explorer tabs and notepad files are opened repeatedly.These corrupted files are located in the temp folder. I have deleted these files. I also fully scan the laptop to remove any virus. But...
  5. How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?

How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?: Whenever I start my laptop, it automatically startups irrelevant temp files. Many file explorer tabs and notepad files are opened repeatedly.These corrupted files are located in the temp folder. I have deleted these files. I also fully scan the laptop to remove any virus. But...
  6. How to remove annoying startup from the task manager's startup list?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  8. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  9. Spotify startup error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spotify startup error: I have two users on my PC, nearly everytime that I open the second user I seem to get a spotify with the auto-start of Spotify usually being something along the lines of Error: "C:/.../.../SpotifyAB.Spotify._155_555_...../start.exe" could not be found. I check task manager...
  10. Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup: Hello ! When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg But on windows 10 there's no a such path. ( I don't want to...