Windows 10: Spotify is not responding

Discus and support Spotify is not responding in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to open Spotify, but it said it was "not responding". I went to uninstall and reinstall the app, but it didn't work. I tried using Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Monica I, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Monica I Win User

Spotify is not responding

I wanted to open Spotify, but it said it was "not responding". I went to uninstall and reinstall the app, but it didn't work. I tried using Microsoft store. It downloaded successfully. When I tried to open it, it said "A Windows Store installation of Spotify was found in your system. Please uninstall that version first, or update through the Windows Store." I searched in Control Panel and there was no Spotify app. I cannot uninstall as there is no Spotify app to do that and there is no update option in the Store. If necessary to know, I use Windows 11.How to fix this?

:)

Monica I, Oct 13, 2022

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Oct 13, 2022
  3. Daniel Win User
    Spotify is not responding to Cortana

Spotify doesn't respond to Cortana's requests. After I ask Cortana to play some music on spotify, Cornata successfully opens up Spotify, but doesn't do anything.

Cortana successfully identifies the songs, bands or any other request I made, but Spotify just opens up and doesn't play any song.

I've repaired Cortana using Powershell, reinstalled and relink Spotify to Cortana, but nothing has worked yet. I've also tried unsuccessfully a solution posted on the following link on youtube:

I thank in advance any help.

Daniel, Oct 13, 2022
  4. Spotify is not responding

Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be when app feature do not work the way they supposed to. However, could you please let us know from where you got the Spotify app?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
    2. Click on Region & Language.
    3. Check if country and language is set to United States and
      English (United States).
    4. Then set up Cortana again.
    5. Log out from your Spotify account and log in again.
    6. Then try integrating Cortana with
      Spotify and check.

We would also suggest you to run troubleshoot for Microsoft Store Apps if you have installed the app from Microsoft Store by referring to

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

You may also want to refer
    Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana for details

Data Loss Disclaimer: While performing
    Reset your PC steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Oct 13, 2022
Thema:

Spotify is not responding

1. Spotify is not responding - Similar Threads - Spotify responding

2. Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...: I tried both Chrome and Firefox, but none worked.I also tried these:Click on StartIn search box, typecmd, then "CMD" will be displayed in the searchNow right-click on "CMD" and Select "Run as administrator".Now enter this commandnetsh int ip reset resetlog.txt and press...
  3. Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...: I tried both Chrome and Firefox, but none worked.I also tried these:Click on StartIn search box, typecmd, then "CMD" will be displayed in the searchNow right-click on "CMD" and Select "Run as administrator".Now enter this commandnetsh int ip reset resetlog.txt and press...
  4. Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. i have music problems on zoom using Spotify since window update from 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have music problems on zoom using Spotify since window update from 10 to windows 11: i run a zoom meeting every week and since doing the windows update to windows 11 when i play Spotify on to meeting its all crackly and hissing i have updated all setting and drivers i can but no joy i have a windows 10 lap top set up is the same spotify and zoom on there but...
  6. i have music problems on zoom using Spotify since window update from 10 to windows 11

i have music problems on zoom using Spotify since window update from 10 to windows 11: i run a zoom meeting every week and since doing the windows update to windows 11 when i play Spotify on to meeting its all crackly and hissing i have updated all setting and drivers i can but no joy i have a windows 10 lap top set up is the same spotify and zoom on there but...
  7. This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.

This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.: So i was playing on my Cyborg A13VE, and i was gonna open the spotify app, tell me this app cant open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify. , i already tried some past solution but it couldnt work including restart the computer....
  8. The Spotify application is not responding on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    The Spotify application is not responding on Windows 11: [IMG]There are users who are reporting that the Spotify app is not responding on their Windows 11/10 PC. In this guide, we show you how to fix it. Spotify is one of the best audio streaming platforms available worldwide. It is available for free and has a subscription that...
  9. Spotify is not responding

Spotify is not responding: I wanted to open Spotify, but it said it was "not responding". I went to uninstall and reinstall the app, but it didn't work. I tried using Microsoft store. It downloaded successfully. When I tried to open it, it said "A Windows Store installation of Spotify was found in your...
  10. spotify's not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spotify's not responding: I'm on windows 10. Ive had spotify for a long time. It needed updating & that's what I did, now it no longer works. It comes up with a blank screen, the 3 dots at the left work ok but says spotify's not responding. With a sign saying Spotify.exe - Bad Image, saying...