Windows 10: Spotify is slow and freezes

Discus and support Spotify is slow and freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried everything you'd usually do - reinstall, troubleshoot, restart computer. My phone works just fine but it is **** windows 10 does this. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rivers2, Sep 5, 2020.

1. rivers2 Win User

Spotify is slow and freezes

I have tried everything you'd usually do - reinstall, troubleshoot, restart computer. My phone works just fine but it is **** windows 10 does this. If microsoft cannot fix it they can pay my subscription. I want Cortana and their **** browser gone but they are like bloody creepy weirdos not letting you. If my phone can do it, then my laptop should. I'm up to date. If your updates are fecked them remove them. There is no option to share to whatsapp on my laptop version but is on my android app. **** microsoft. There are heaps of issues lately. Do not launch them until they bloody work. Tell me how to solve the spotify issue or send me the money for my subscriptions. I had a person from my internet provider come out for over 3 hours for what turned out to be a windows error. Have some pride and fix your ****.

:)

rivers2, Sep 5, 2020

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Spotify app causes complete system freeze when opened

Starting up the Spotify app causes my computer to simply freeze as is and is unrecoverable except through reset/holding down the power button. It happens with the store app AND the desktop app downloaded from the Spotify website.

I'm running fully updated Windows 10.

Steps tried so far:

- Spotify support can't help.

- Event Viewer shows Spotify.exe stopped interacting with Windows, but not much else.

- Resetting/reinstalling the app temporarily fixes the problem, but restarting the PC/close and reopening the app brings it back.

- All relevant troubleshooters run

Captain-Mosey, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Spotify is slow and freezes

Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Spotify is slow and freezes

1. Spotify is slow and freezes - Similar Threads - Spotify slow freezes

2. Spotify is slow on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Spotify is slow on Windows PC: [ATTACH]In this post, we will talk about how to get rid of a slow Spotify on Windows 11/10. Spotify is a popular audio streaming platform that has an audience all over the world. Launched in 2008, Spotify currently has more than 320 million users. Spotify is the place to...
  3. Spotify

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Spotify: Help! I don't know what to do. When I'm listening to Spotify my pc locks. Every time when I'm not doing anything my copmuter goes to lock mode too. I tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/ce14f286-7160-4d15-850f-c971c57da7cc
  4. spotify

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotify: can I download music from spotify to media player / https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/0afe4bf1-f744-4eca-aeee-eb9f69af2174
  5. Spotify

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify: I can't download and install the spotify in my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/43128c7c-9c91-419f-82c2-2c29b8d2a9b7"
  6. W10 slowness , freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 slowness , freezes: HI my PC W10 presents problems of slowness. sometimes it freezes. often disk c: 100%. Am I the only one to meet this problem? System: Windows 10 Famille 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434) Isuspect an OMERTA from MS about this subject...
  7. Slow loading and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow loading and freezing: The Problems I have two problems which I suspect are related, so I am including them both in this post. 1. Slow App Load. This PC has always been slow at loading apps. Particularly Microsoft Office apps. In 2016 I upgraded to Office 2016 from Office 2007 but that...
  8. slow then freezes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow then freezes up: freezes up then message not responding. can https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-then-freezes-up/f7804f91-a514-41bd-8a4f-bcd9dd398174
  9. spotify

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spotify: hi please like my playlists on Spotify my username is earmcoutlook.com.au https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spotify/c01bb096-d883-4f97-97cd-df5fd688f34e
  10. Spotify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify: I uninstalled Spotify, and searched the registry and removed any Spotify entries that were found. I also used the Everything search program to look for Spotify and I deleted the items it found, which included prefetch items. However, every time I start my PC the messages...