Windows 10: Spotify opening up on start up.

Discus and support Spotify opening up on start up. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,So recently, every time I start up my device from a shutdown Spotify automatically opens up. The window does not appear on the screen, it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jay1517, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Jay1517 Win User

Spotify opening up on start up.

Hi all,So recently, every time I start up my device from a shutdown Spotify automatically opens up. The window does not appear on the screen, it just stays minimised in the background. I have a few questions, firstly, does Spotify come pre-installed/is it one of the default apps? Secondly, I have tried searching the start up folder and have found an empty folder so is there a way of stop this from happening.Thank youJay

:)

Jay1517, Jul 29, 2021

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner?

Hello
    HEY!IL,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, please make sure that Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer is disabled. If you haven't configure this, refer to the steps below:

1. Launch Spotify. Click on the arrow beside your profile icon and select
    Settings.

2. Scroll-down and click on Show Advanced Settings.

3. Under Startup and Window Behavior, set the
    Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer
    to
    No

Spotify opening up on start up. c74aeb19-e12a-4035-9927-316c3233469a?upload=true.jpg

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Spotify opening up on start up.

Spotify

Hi basilorjwan

follow these steps

1. Go to Spotify.com and click on the Get Spotify button.

2. A window will appear asking you to create an account. Here you can create one with an email address or connect with your Facebook account.

3. Once you have your account, the Spotify desktop application will be downloaded automatically.

4. Open the Spotify installation file by double clicking on it. You will see a new window that says: Downloading Spotify.

5. Once this process is finished, the application will open automatically and will welcome you to the service with a pop-up. In this, you can also configure (before you start listening) if you want the music you listen to be shared on Facebook automatically
    (this can also be changed later).

6. Ready! You can now start using Spotify.

MaritzaCapiro, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Spotify opening up on start up.

1. Spotify opening up on start up. - Similar Threads - Spotify opening start

2. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.: I am trying to use multimedia keys on spotify, and it sort of works, but spotify isn't the main thing that windows multimedia picks up, so if I have a youtube video in the background that I have stopped then when I try to pause my music the video will start playing as well or...
  3. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.: I am trying to use multimedia keys on spotify, and it sort of works, but spotify isn't the main thing that windows multimedia picks up, so if I have a youtube video in the background that I have stopped then when I try to pause my music the video will start playing as well or...
  4. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Browser opening up on start up with a site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser opening up on start up with a site: Today I started up my PC and my Chrome opened with an ad. I tried all the advice I found- disable browser from Start Up in Task Managertried, but the browser isn't there, because it was never allowed to to begin with, checking site settings and extensions, changing the...
  6. my volume is at 50% when I open my spotify after the windows start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my volume is at 50% when I open my spotify after the windows start up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tanish__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqsp62/my_volume_is_at_50_when_i_open_my_spotify_after/
  7. start up and open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up and open.: Whenever I get to my start page on my computer I can no longer click the screen and just sign in the only way it will take me to my password or pin is if I click the quiz which I do not want to show up on that screen anyway, this only started after an update so something...
  8. open chrome automatically on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    open chrome automatically on start up: how to open chrome automatically in windows 10 on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-chrome-automatically-on-start-up/be87b8ee-0186-42fe-9050-e6e18853191a
  9. Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner?: I have spotify on my PC starting up no matter if i cancel it from startup and from everywhere else, (as seen here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Unable-to-prevent-Spotify-launch-at-startup-no-matter-what/m-p/4460516#M57608) How is this possible? Why...
  10. "Open With" choice at start up.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open With" choice at start up.: Since the fall update I am greeted with a choice dialog at start up. It doesn't say what it wants to open but lists a dozen programs. I tried a browser but all it said before loads of code was that this program could not be run in dos mode. If I click off the box it vanishes....