Windows 10: Spotify Opens when I start my PC

Discus and support Spotify Opens when I start my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10; Default browser Edge When I start my PC Spotify opens...it may be to Install it. I do not nor have I ever installed Spotify.... A... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by denmarfl, Nov 1, 2020.

1. denmarfl Win User

Spotify Opens when I start my PC

Windows 10; Default browser Edge

When I start my PC Spotify opens...it may be to Install it. I do not nor have I ever installed Spotify....

A Spotify window opens, It shows the Spotify symbol, it disappears in about 10 seconds.

I have looked in Startup, nothing is there, I have looked in P&F, nothing there, I have looked in task mgr, nothing there, I have looked for a Folder....in Program Files\Program Files x86\ProgramData Folders, nothing there.

I have not downloaded or installed anything on my PC... I have run malwarebytes....nothing came up.

At this point I do not know what else to do to get rid of this Spotify Popup...

Hopefully someone else has come across this and has the solution

:)

denmarfl, Nov 1, 2020

2. Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner?

Hello
    HEY!IL,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, please make sure that Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer is disabled. If you haven't configure this, refer to the steps below:

1. Launch Spotify. Click on the arrow beside your profile icon and select
    Settings.

2. Scroll-down and click on Show Advanced Settings.

3. Under Startup and Window Behavior, set the
    Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer
    to
    No

Spotify Opens when I start my PC c74aeb19-e12a-4035-9927-316c3233469a?upload=true.jpg

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be when app feature do not work the way they supposed to. However, could you please let us know from where you got the Spotify app?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
    2. Click on Region & Language.
    3. Check if country and language is set to United States and
      English (United States).
    4. Then set up Cortana again.
    5. Log out from your Spotify account and log in again.
    6. Then try integrating Cortana with
      Spotify and check.

We would also suggest you to run troubleshoot for Microsoft Store Apps if you have installed the app from Microsoft Store by referring to

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

You may also want to refer
    Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana for details

Data Loss Disclaimer: While performing
    Reset your PC steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Spotify Opens when I start my PC

Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Spotify Opens when I start my PC

1. Spotify Opens when I start my PC - Similar Threads - Spotify Opens start

2. OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze: If I have both OBS and Spotify running, and I open the Start Menu, any random Start Menu open-action crashes/freezes the PC. Playing the music and/or having more things open seems to make the issue more frequent. OBS settings seem irrelevant. I've tried reinstalling audio...
  3. OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze: If I have both OBS and Spotify running, and I open the Start Menu, any random Start Menu open-action crashes/freezes the PC. Playing the music and/or having more things open seems to make the issue more frequent. OBS settings seem irrelevant. I've tried reinstalling audio...
  4. OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spotify opening up on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify opening up on start up.: Hi all,So recently, every time I start up my device from a shutdown Spotify automatically opens up. The window does not appear on the screen, it just stays minimised in the background. I have a few questions, firstly, does Spotify come pre-installed/is it one of the default...
  6. my volume is at 50% when I open my spotify after the windows start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my volume is at 50% when I open my spotify after the windows start up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tanish__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqsp62/my_volume_is_at_50_when_i_open_my_spotify_after/
  7. Two files open up when i start my pc

Two files open up when i start my pc: When ever I start my pc, two terminal files open up for a second, I think they are from system32 because I managed to read the path once which was the title of the terminal file. Whenever only one file opens up an error is shown (svchost.exe application error 0xc0000005) I...
  8. Cant open spotify

Cant open spotify: Somehow I can't open the spotify app from the windows store on my laptop? Reinstall doesn't work... submitted by /u/notoriousnutcracker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu895f/cant_open_spotify/
  9. Spotify won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify won't open: Hi all, I currently have Spotify installed and recently I had a problem with it won't opening first hand when I clicked on it. After installing Spotify, the Microsoft Store would still open directly to the Spotify page although I already had it installed. Another problem is...
  10. When I open my laptop, three apps (Discord, Spotify and Chromium) open automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open my laptop, three apps (Discord, Spotify and Chromium) open automatically: Hi. When I open my laptop, three apps (Discord, Spotify and Chromium) open automatically and I have no flipping idea how to fix it. I searched everywhere and I couldn't find it. The main question: How do we control which apps we want to open automatically when we login to...