Windows 10: Spotify problems after feature update

Discus and support Spotify problems after feature update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, after the 1803 feature update I am not able to use the Spotify app on my desktop and laptop computers. I first noticed the problem on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DHsurrey, Jul 10, 2018.

1. DHsurrey Win User

Spotify problems after feature update

Hi, after the 1803 feature update I am not able to use the Spotify app on my desktop and laptop computers.

I first noticed the problem on my desktop computer when I got a transparent window with a shadow edge, all I could do was close it. I tried using the app reset options in the settings menu but that didn't help. I have checked my graphics driver and it is up to date and no problems reported.

I have tried un-installing the app and re-installing from the spotify website, ninite website and windows store and it still didn't work properly.

I've gone to the spotify website for advice and one suggestion was to open a command prompt windows and go to the directory when spotify.exe is and run a special 'console' command which gives technical info, this didn't work when I tried it because of the graphics problem.

Eventually after trying to run spotify on my laptop I came across the solution to disable hardware acceleration by using ALT to get the window menu up; this did work much to my relief

So my question is, will this problem be fixed in a future update so that acceleration can be re-enabled / is disabling hardware acceleration not a big deal for performance for most computers?

Dave

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

:)

DHsurrey, Jul 10, 2018

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Jul 10, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Spotify problems after feature update

Spotify crashing on N8 since latest Belle update

Hi,

Tried to reproduce but couldn't. I don't like the spotify interface so I may not have done a thorough test.

Can you provide the steps to reproduce the error, including a list of other apps that you're running?

Cheers!

matthewleech---01, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Spotify problems after feature update

1. Spotify problems after feature update - Similar Threads - Spotify problems feature

2. Problem with bluetooth and spotify after update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with bluetooth and spotify after update to windows 11: Right after my computer was updated to win 11 my bluetooth speaker disconnects each time i press play/pause in Spotify. If i connect to the speaker with the sound playing it works, but as soon as i pause the player the speaker gets disconnected. This happens each time and i...
  3. Problem with bluetooth and spotify after update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with bluetooth and spotify after update to windows 11: Right after my computer was updated to win 11 my bluetooth speaker disconnects each time i press play/pause in Spotify. If i connect to the speaker with the sound playing it works, but as soon as i pause the player the speaker gets disconnected. This happens each time and i...
  4. Spotify on cortana after the 20H2 update!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spotify on cortana after the 20H2 update!: Hello! I am here just to ask if there is any way to link cortana to spotify like before or if there is any plan to do so in the future! If not i strongly suggest it!...
  5. Problem in many windows features after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in many windows features after an update: About 2 weeks ago I updated my windows 10 but it seems that some problem occurred during that update. After that update many windows features were not working, I am listing all the problems I have encountered so far 1. When I click on network icon in the taskbar which is...
  6. When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update?

in Cortana
    When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update?: When will Spotify Link feature available in Cortana after 2004 version update? Somebody know it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-spotify-link-feature-available-in/696383bf-d353-4a16-92f1-9a529bc82a95
  7. Firewall problems with Spotify

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall problems with Spotify: I tried to pull up Spotify and listen to some tunes and it keeps giving me an error, saying that my Firewalls need to be changed. I've had no trouble getting into any other site. This is a first, and it's extremely frustrating. I'm not gadget-savvy, so I'm not sure what I...
  8. Display Language problem after feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Language problem after feature update: Hello. I'm facing the problem about display language. Before the feature update 1903, I can change the Windows 10 system display language from English (US) to Bahasa Indonesia entire the system. After the feature update 1903, The display language not changing entirely. Even...
  9. Cortana - Spotify problem

in Cortana
    Cortana - Spotify problem: So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song. I found this fix: 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings) 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via...
  10. Spotify problems after feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spotify problems after feature update: Hi, after the 1803 feature update I am not able to use the Spotify app on my desktop and laptop computers. I first noticed the problem on my desktop computer when I got a transparent window with a shadow edge, all I could do was close it. I tried using the app reset options...