Windows 10: Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner?

Discus and support Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have spotify on my PC starting up no matter if i cancel it from startup and from everywhere else, (as seen here... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HEY!IL, Sep 15, 2018.

1. HEY!IL Win User

Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner?

I have spotify on my PC starting up no matter if i cancel it from startup and from everywhere else,

(as seen here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Unable-to-prevent-Spotify-launch-at-startup-no-matter-what/m-p/4460516#M57608)

How is this possible? Why doesn't Windows or autoruns show anything about it thats would make it start up?

This seems like a way to make some kind of malware hide from the user.

:)

HEY!IL, Sep 15, 2018

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Spotify

Hi basilorjwan

follow these steps

1. Go to Spotify.com and click on the Get Spotify button.

2. A window will appear asking you to create an account. Here you can create one with an email address or connect with your Facebook account.

3. Once you have your account, the Spotify desktop application will be downloaded automatically.

4. Open the Spotify installation file by double clicking on it. You will see a new window that says: Downloading Spotify.

5. Once this process is finished, the application will open automatically and will welcome you to the service with a pop-up. In this, you can also configure (before you start listening) if you want the music you listen to be shared on Facebook automatically
    (this can also be changed later).

6. Ready! You can now start using Spotify.

MaritzaCapiro, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner?

Ghostly bubbles flashing on Windows 10

I have had these strange "flashing, ghostly bubbles" mostly around the upper right corner of the screen since downloading Windows 10. The mouse and cursor then seem to move around on their own. I have tried the following solutions, which I found in an
    earlier post, but these have not solved my problem. Every day I need to uninstall the touch screen Human Interface Device. Is there a permanent solution?

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Check for the issue, if it persists move to next method.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Human Interface Devices driver and check the issue.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the drivers

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Human Interface Devices and expand it.
    • Right click on the Touchscreen and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. Windows will install the generic drives after you restart.

Thank you in advance for the help!

KevinHazel, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner?

1. Spotify starting up in a ghostly manner? - Similar Threads - Spotify starting ghostly

2. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.: I am trying to use multimedia keys on spotify, and it sort of works, but spotify isn't the main thing that windows multimedia picks up, so if I have a youtube video in the background that I have stopped then when I try to pause my music the video will start playing as well or...
  3. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.: I am trying to use multimedia keys on spotify, and it sort of works, but spotify isn't the main thing that windows multimedia picks up, so if I have a youtube video in the background that I have stopped then when I try to pause my music the video will start playing as well or...
  4. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Ghost icon in the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon in the start menu: There is a ghost icon in my start menu after uninstalling the Avira and Facebook app , it looks like they were uninstalled but the icons still there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ghost-icon-in-the-start-menu/efe5bd21-3144-463b-b4ed-183e9f74d179
  6. Ghost icon in the start menu

Ghost icon in the start menu: There is a ghost icon in my start menu after uninstalling the Avira and Facebook app , it looks like they were uninstalled but the icons still there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ghost-icon-in-the-start-menu/efe5bd21-3144-463b-b4ed-183e9f74d179
  7. Ghost icon in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Spotify opening up on start up.

Spotify opening up on start up.: Hi all,So recently, every time I start up my device from a shutdown Spotify automatically opens up. The window does not appear on the screen, it just stays minimised in the background. I have a few questions, firstly, does Spotify come pre-installed/is it one of the default...
  9. Update Manners

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Manners: Yesterday I was scanning a long legal document. Windows thought it was time to upgrade itself. It gave me the option of restarting NOW or at 1:46PM. I chose the latter thinking I'd get another chance to delay things. Nope. At 1:46 PM scanning still going on, in the editing...
  10. Spotify

Spotify: I uninstalled Spotify, and searched the registry and removed any Spotify entries that were found. I also used the Everything search program to look for Spotify and I deleted the items it found, which included prefetch items. However, every time I start my PC the messages...