Windows 10: Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening

Discus and support Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to open the new Spotify UWP app, I get "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sup, Jun 23, 2017.

1. SUP
    sup Win User

Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening

When I try to open the new Spotify UWP app, I get "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_1.57.332.0_x86_abunchofrandomcharacters\Sp..." (the window cuts off)

I checked the directory, and it appeared that everything was there.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

2. Spotify app makes system restore fail

I too ran into this exact same error message and code on my Surface Pro 2 (running Windows FCU v1709 Build 16299.248) a couple months ago when trying to restore my Surface Pro 2 to a state where it was working fine with vhd/vhdx files before
    I ran into some issue with them.

Even after uninstalling spotify from the windows store (by right-clicking on the Start Screen Tile and selecting "Uninstall"), the error message still comes up every time I attempt performing a system restore. What gives!? I thought UWP apps are wrapped in
    a sandbox, thus shouldn't be able to tamper with such vital system components? Or that doesn't apply to Centenial UWP apps like Spotify here?

MrElectrifyer, Jun 23, 2017
  3. Spotify app makes system restore fail

Hi Leviozar Gam,

My Surface Pro 2 is running the Windows FCU v1709 Build 16299.248. I have the latest Windows and Microsoft Store updates installed here in Canada, including the Spotify UWP app.

Just re-attempted doing a system restore, with an automatic restore point created by Windows Update on 14/02/2018 while the Spotify UWP app is installed, and this time, it still resulted in the following error message
    and code (0x80070005):

Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening [​IMG]

I disabled Windows Defender and re-attempted it, but it still resulted in the same error message as above. Probably still Spotify 'causing the issue.

MrElectrifyer, Jun 23, 2017
  4. SUP
    sup Win User

bump! is bumping allowed? *sarc

Thema:

1. Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening - Similar Threads - Spotify UWP app

2. Cant open spotify

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant open spotify: Somehow I can't open the spotify app from the windows store on my laptop? Reinstall doesn't work... submitted by /u/notoriousnutcracker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu895f/cant_open_spotify/
  3. Anyone know how to make Spotify big again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to make Spotify big again: [ATTACH] This is really annoying me. i think it was caused when I made a onedrive backup. https://preview.redd.it/3mh6tysi2lq41.png?width=405&format=png&auto=webp&s=8afd73b5a9c260f0a3df6615827d3f045c66fc6a submitted by /u/AlexBr967 [link] [comments]...
  4. Spotify app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify app: Can't install Spotify app from Microsoft Store. Keep getting error code 0x80073D05. Any help would be grateful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-app/4fdf1158-ccf9-40fd-9c51-ffa038d9b365"
  5. Spotify won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify won't open: Hi all, I currently have Spotify installed and recently I had a problem with it won't opening first hand when I clicked on it. After installing Spotify, the Microsoft Store would still open directly to the Spotify page although I already had it installed. Another problem is...
  6. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open": Whenever i try to open spotify on the windows store, it just says "This app can't open. Check the store for more details about spotify." I check the store downloads page and spotify says "needs repairs". So far i've tried: - Repairing Spotify using the settings app -...
  7. When I open my laptop, three apps (Discord, Spotify and Chromium) open automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open my laptop, three apps (Discord, Spotify and Chromium) open automatically: Hi. When I open my laptop, three apps (Discord, Spotify and Chromium) open automatically and I have no flipping idea how to fix it. I searched everywhere and I couldn't find it. The main question: How do we control which apps we want to open automatically when we login to...
  8. UWP Apps not opening

UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  9. Spotify fails to open

Spotify fails to open: Hello there, After the newest update (1803) I have a problem opening Spotify. This is the error message I get: [img] I checked the folder and my user does have full control over the entire folder but the program fails to open. Other programs from the Microsoft Store work...
  10. Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

in Windows 10 News
    Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..: Windows App Studio is all about making it as easy as possible to build apps for Windows. The online tool helps you build apps with no coding required, so you can either start your project there and extend it in Visual Studio, or you can create and build the app completely in...