Windows 10: Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening

Discus and support Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to open the new Spotify UWP app, I get "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sup, Jun 23, 2017.

1. SUP
    sup Win User

Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening

When I try to open the new Spotify UWP app, I get "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_1.57.332.0_x86_abunchofrandomcharacters\Sp..." (the window cuts off)

I checked the directory, and it appeared that everything was there.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

2. Spotify app makes system restore fail

I too ran into this exact same error message and code on my Surface Pro 2 (running Windows FCU v1709 Build 16299.248) a couple months ago when trying to restore my Surface Pro 2 to a state where it was working fine with vhd/vhdx files before
    I ran into some issue with them.

Even after uninstalling spotify from the windows store (by right-clicking on the Start Screen Tile and selecting "Uninstall"), the error message still comes up every time I attempt performing a system restore. What gives!? I thought UWP apps are wrapped in
    a sandbox, thus shouldn't be able to tamper with such vital system components? Or that doesn't apply to Centenial UWP apps like Spotify here?

MrElectrifyer, Jun 23, 2017
  3. Spotify app makes system restore fail

Hi Leviozar Gam,

My Surface Pro 2 is running the Windows FCU v1709 Build 16299.248. I have the latest Windows and Microsoft Store updates installed here in Canada, including the Spotify UWP app.

Just re-attempted doing a system restore, with an automatic restore point created by Windows Update on 14/02/2018 while the Spotify UWP app is installed, and this time, it still resulted in the following error message
    and code (0x80070005):

Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening [​IMG]

I disabled Windows Defender and re-attempted it, but it still resulted in the same error message as above. Probably still Spotify 'causing the issue.

MrElectrifyer, Jun 23, 2017
  4. SUP
    sup Win User

bump! is bumping allowed? *sarc

Thema:

1. Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening - Similar Threads - Spotify UWP app

2. Windows 11 UWP apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 UWP apps not opening: Hello There,I have been trying to get my Notepad and Other UWP apps working with no success. I have ran DISM and SFC with no success and have even reset the Microsoft Store Cache. Please respond fast, as i need this computer....
  3. Windows 11 UWP apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 UWP apps not opening: Hello There,I have been trying to get my Notepad and Other UWP apps working with no success. I have ran DISM and SFC with no success and have even reset the Microsoft Store Cache. Please respond fast, as i need this computer....
  4. uwp apps not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uwp apps not opening: most of the universal windows platform apps windows store apps won't open on my pc for some reason, though system apps such as quick assist, windows defender, settings, and windows sandbox do open. is there a reason this happens and a fix for this issue? video demonstration:...
  5. UWP app game not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP app game not opening: A UWP app specifically Among Us won't open. I've tried terminating it, repairing it, resetting it, and uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing worked. It was working, but then it just crashed when I was using it, and when I tried to re-open it, it wouldn't open. The...
  6. All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened

All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened: I was messing around in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition's files because of an unrelated issue when I gave myself full access to the WindowsApps folder. This caused my Minecraft to stop launching all together. I then created a copy of all my files, then tried to reinstall Minecraft...
  7. Windows 10 filesystem error -2144927436 when opening uwp apps and no access to start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 filesystem error -2144927436 when opening uwp apps and no access to start menu: Hi Microsoft Community, I am running Windows 10.0.19041 and experiencing an issue where as far I know the following will not open on my computer: Start Menu Action/Notification Centre Any UWP/Store app including settings, the microsoft store and defender When attempting...
  8. Spotify app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify app: Can't install Spotify app from Microsoft Store. Keep getting error code 0x80073D05. Any help would be grateful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-app/4fdf1158-ccf9-40fd-9c51-ffa038d9b365"
  9. UWP Apps not opening

UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  10. Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

in Windows 10 News
    Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..: Windows App Studio is all about making it as easy as possible to build apps for Windows. The online tool helps you build apps with no coding required, so you can either start your project there and extend it in Visual Studio, or you can create and build the app completely in...