Windows 10: Spotify will not make any sound and is unable to be unmuted. Any fixes?

Discus and support Spotify will not make any sound and is unable to be unmuted. Any fixes? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/1gxdhcc6kbp51.png?width=532&format=png&auto=webp&s=35cbfe02609951a04952540ad16d5432ccf00d41 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JK_Chan, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Spotify will not make any sound and is unable to be unmuted. Any fixes?

/u/JK_Chan, Sep 25, 2020

2. Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be when app feature do not work the way they supposed to. However, could you please let us know from where you got the Spotify app?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
    2. Click on Region & Language.
    3. Check if country and language is set to United States and
      English (United States).
    4. Then set up Cortana again.
    5. Log out from your Spotify account and log in again.
    6. Then try integrating Cortana with
      Spotify and check.

We would also suggest you to run troubleshoot for Microsoft Store Apps if you have installed the app from Microsoft Store by referring to

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

You may also want to refer
    Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana for details

Data Loss Disclaimer: While performing
    Reset your PC steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Sep 25, 2020
  3. unmute microphone in taskbar

Hi Ruth,

This issue might have been caused by a misconfigured settings or incompatible driver. For us to unmute the microphone, please follow these steps:

• At the system tray, right-click on the volume icon.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • On the Sound window, make sure that you are on the Recording tab.
    • On the list of recording devices, double-click on your microphone device.
    • Properties window will open. Click on Levels tab.
    • Increase the Microphone slider to maximum.
    • Click the speaker icon next to it to unmute the microphone.
    • Click on Apply, and then click on OK to save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Sep 25, 2020
  4. WTweb Win User

Spotify will not make any sound and is unable to be unmuted. Any fixes?

Prevent websites from unmuting sound in Windows 10

I have the sound muted in windows 10. Certain websites, CNN in particular, have some way to turn on the system sound. This shouldn't be possible but its happening regularly with Google Chrome. Any suggestions how to prevent a website from unmuting the
    windows system sound?

WTweb, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Spotify will not make any sound and is unable to be unmuted. Any fixes?

1. Spotify will not make any sound and is unable to be unmuted. Any fixes? - Similar Threads - Spotify sound unable

2. Unable to use any sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use any sounds: As the title says, I don’t know what happened, but I am now unable to hear any sounds regardless of what is plugged in, I have constantly tried to uninstall and re-install Realtek audio but nothing has changed. I am unable to test the sound as I keep getting this pop up. I do...
  3. Unable to use any sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use any sounds: As the title says, I don’t know what happened, but I am now unable to hear any sounds regardless of what is plugged in, I have constantly tried to uninstall and re-install Realtek audio but nothing has changed. I am unable to test the sound as I keep getting this pop up. I do...
  4. Unable to use any sounds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fix No Sound in Spotify on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix No Sound in Spotify on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Spotify is the leading music streaming platform in this day and age. And quite frankly, it deserves the top spot. However, a lot of users are finding it hard to use the app on a Windows platform. According to them, when they play a song, they hear no sound in Spotify....
  6. unmuting sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unmuting sound: I can't hear sounds through my external speakers. Down in the bottom right hand corner of my screen is a little icon showing a speaker with an X next to it. In the past I have unmuted the sound by clicking on the X. But now clicking on it does not unmute it. I also can't get...
  7. Any Fixes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Fixes?: Anytime i click on a sentence on any website it always changes my mouse as if it wants to edit the sentence (Obviously im not able to) and i cant get it to stop I restarted the computer and it just doesn't stop. submitted by /u/_Colored_c0bra [link] [comments]...
  8. unable to UNmute sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to UNmute sound: hello this problem happened out of nowhere but i use USB headset and i can no longer hear out of them i can adjust sound BUT i dscreases immediately afterwards. It wont allow me to unmute any sound on my computer please help i have tried "driver" thing and tried to call...
  9. Cortana not playing any music on Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana not playing any music on Spotify: So this is an issue I'm having on Windows 10, my phone (iPhone), and on my new speaker. I just started using Cortana after winning Harman Kardon Invoke from Microsoft rewards. After getting everything set up I saw everything worked except for Spotify. I see most of the...
  10. any way to mute and unmute microphone quick ??

in Windows 10 Support
    any way to mute and unmute microphone quick ??: I got me a new microphone and like most all microphones for PC there is no on and off switch, so on that note how can i mute and unmute it quick without having to click several things to get to the mute stuff, any ideas thanks. it saves also having to unplug and plug it in...