Windows 10: Spotlight folder keeps being filled with random files

Discus and support Spotlight folder keeps being filled with random files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My Spotlight feature on Windows 10 keeps breaking. I struggled with this earlier, and now, with a fresh install on a new hard drive, the issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdvinHolmseth, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Spotlight folder keeps being filled with random files

Hello,

My Spotlight feature on Windows 10 keeps breaking. I struggled with this earlier, and now, with a fresh install on a new hard drive, the issue still occurs, so I wanted to check whether there is a way to fix this.

I have read a few threads on how to fix spotlight issues, including deleting the content of the Assets folder. The issue is that the Assets folder keeps being filled with these random images, which looks like icons from some store. My guess is the microsoft store. I copied the content of the folder to a custom location, renamed them, and this is what it looks like:

Spotlight folder keeps being filled with random files 32314731-6676-4bc1-bf24-6c0abfca74ba?upload=true.png

So my question is, is there some way to stop the app I am guessing microsoft store to save files to this location, or alternatively, some way to change the folder that spotlight uses for the wallpapers?

:)

EdvinHolmseth, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Spotlight folder keeps being filled with random files

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Spotlight folder keeps being filled with random files

1. Spotlight folder keeps being filled with random files - Similar Threads - Spotlight folder keeps

2. Empty folders keep being downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty folders keep being downloaded: A folder named This idea must die_ scientific ideas that are blocking -- Brockman, John, 1941- editor -- 2015 -- New York_ Harper Perennial -- 9780062374349 -- cce1ac6f871ad7eef403aa9a2f58a3b7 -- Anna’s Archive_2024-02-20_22-57-10 is being created every second except the...
  3. Empty folders keep being downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty folders keep being downloaded: A folder named This idea must die_ scientific ideas that are blocking -- Brockman, John, 1941- editor -- 2015 -- New York_ Harper Perennial -- 9780062374349 -- cce1ac6f871ad7eef403aa9a2f58a3b7 -- Anna’s Archive_2024-02-20_22-57-10 is being created every second except the...
  4. Folders are being deleted RANDOMLY on my computer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are being deleted RANDOMLY on my computer!: Long time ago, I had a folder with 4 movies installed, but then soon, it got permanently deleted by ITSELF.Soon, a folder with all my important pictures were permanently deleted as well.And now, today, a folder with pictures of me and my friend got deleted as well.Now, WHY...
  5. A OneDrive folder keeps being created in my user file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A OneDrive folder keeps being created in my user file: A few months ago I was working for a company I'll call Company X. As a part of my work I saved documents to Company's X's OneDrive folder which I was connected to by having my email through Company X synced with my laptop. I no longer work for this company, have disconnected...
  6. Windows 10 Spool folder keeps filling up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Spool folder keeps filling up: I have a user who has been having problems printing. When selecting the Print function in programs like Excel & Adobe PDF his computer will freeze. While looking into this issue I discovered that the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS folder was filled with 171,000+ .FP...
  7. Temp folder causes full drive despite being small (Drive fills up in minutes randomly until...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temp folder causes full drive despite being small (Drive fills up in minutes randomly until...: I have found a strange issue in an almost fresh install of windows 10. Sometimes every few hours the C drive was filling up rapidly until nothing could be written anymore. Analyzing the sizes of files gave no clue. Nothing big was added. Once i was able to see the usage go...
  8. Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files: This has been ongoing for a while now but I'm finally irritated enough by it to post. Every few weeks, our temp files folder gets filled up wit a bunch of .evtx files. I delete them all 118k of them and they come back as fast as I can delete them. It goes on for a few days...
  9. TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TEMP System folder keeps filling itself with evtx and txt files: Hello, I'm having a problem where my Temp System folder keeps filling up until there is no space. With both evtx and txt files. Regards Juozas Edit: I wrote a larger message but since I now somewhat know what is wrong I'm editing it. Somewhat of a solution: The...
  10. Wrong postcode being filled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong postcode being filled: When my postcode is required it is often filled in automatically. However, recently some of the occasions have resulted in an extra number being added and this causes problems for those who are despatching goods to me....