Windows 10: Spotlight images question

Discus and support Spotlight images question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrFrog, Oct 8, 2019.

1. FrFrog Win User

Spotlight images question

Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or via the link

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

The only thing that shows up are some older images (dated 2917).

Anyone have any ideas?

Win10 Home, Ver 1903, Build 18362.388

Thanks.

:)

FrFrog, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Jheuel Win User
    Submitting images to Spotlight Lock Screen Photos

WHO DOESN'T LOVE THE SPOTLIGHT LOCK SCREEN PHOTOS?

I am an avid nature lover and I have a travel bucket list. This list has grown as a result of seeing the photos on the Spotlight Lock Screen. I really appreciate the links they include to find out more about the location. It truly inspires me to want to
    visit these places one day.

I have the good fortune to live in a beautiful country with truly picturesque locations that many people do not know about. I have explored numerous parts of Trinidad's Northern Range and wish others could behold its beauty.

My question/thought/suggestion is:

• How do they choose those images?
    • How can someone submit/suggest images to be included and shared with the rest of the Windows community?
    We shouldn't be selfish and I wish more persons could experience and witness my twin-island home of Trinidad and Tobago. I, or anyone else should be able to share that through the Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Photos!

Jheuel, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Spotlight images question

How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Spotlight images question

1. Spotlight images question - Similar Threads - Spotlight images question

2. spotlight images

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotlight images: where the spotlight images are stored in my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-images/7441cf2b-45f3-451d-9f81-4491effb19a7
  3. Windows Spotlight images as desktop image automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight images as desktop image automatically: Hi everyone, Now, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here to ask something like this. Please feel free to send me somewhere where they would know. I think the title sums up the gist of it. I really like the images that Windows Spotlight shoots at me everyday. So I want...
  4. Windows Spotlight images

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041
  5. There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder

There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder: Hello, I was trying to copy all my spotlight images, but the thing is there was only some logos, animation images, cartoon character pictures...etc. in the assets folder. My spotlight is on and works fine, but somehow system didn't save my spotlight images...
  6. No description on spotlight images

No description on spotlight images: It's really great seeing all these lovely pictures on my lock screen each morning, but please add a description of said photos so we all know what we're looking at. I see questions about this dating back to 2016 but it appears not to have been fixed. If this has been fixed,...
  7. There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder

There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder: Hello, I was trying to copy all my spotlight images, but the thing is there was only some logos, animation images, cartoon character pictures...etc. in the assets folder. My spotlight is on and works fine, but somehow system didn't save my spotlight images...
  8. Windows Spotlight - Questions

Windows Spotlight - Questions: I've been fighting the 'ever-irritating' Windows Spotlight lock screen issues and I have a couple of questions. First off, I *think* it is working on my machine(s) but I don't know for certain. 1) When should I expect the image to change? Once every 24 hours? At each cold...
  9. Spotlight choice of images

Spotlight choice of images: Can Microsoft choose some images of cities for Spotlight? Some skylines, interesting architecture, public art ... those would be a nice balance to all of the beautiful nature photos that are already chosen....
  10. Windows Spotlight Question

Windows Spotlight Question: Hey just a quick question regarding windows spotlight. Normally I dont lock my PC as its in my room and nobody else uses it except for me. I was just wondering should the backgrounds change if you have it set to Lock screen windows spotlight so you only see the screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are windows spotlight images black and white?

2. lover windows spotlight