Windows 10: Spotlight issues (continued)

Discus and support Spotlight issues (continued) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Home 64 bit, build 1903 OS Build 18362.418. Since that update, what is actually happening on my machine is that new images appear on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrFrog, Nov 5, 2019.

1. FrFrog Win User

Spotlight issues (continued)

Win 10 Home 64 bit, build 1903 OS Build 18362.418.

Since that update, what is actually happening on my machine is that new images appear on the screen as normal but nothing shows up in the

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

location.

I used to be able to go there every so often and save the files as .jpg in another location, either through the above link or through WinAero. Now there is nothing there. The new images must be going somewhere but I can't find them.

I tried the Spotlight "reset" tip, but no joy. It just deleted everything in the ....\Assets" folder.

I have noticed that the "Assets" directory is marked "read only" and unseting it does nothing as it immediately returns to "read only."

So far no one has come up with a fix for this.

Thanks MS for breaking things.

:)

FrFrog, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Windows Spotlight not working

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Are you still encountering the same issue on Spotlight?
    • Did you already try to do what Time Lady suggested?
    If the issue still persists, kindly mention what are the steps you've done so far.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Spotlight issues (continued) - Similar Threads - Spotlight issues continued

2. Windows Spotlight Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Issue: Hello, I was having trouble with the windows spotlight images cycling. At the login screen, it always showed the same one windows spotlight image. I followed this guide How to fix Windows Spotlight Lock screen errors on Windows 10 | Windows Central but it did NOT fix the...
  3. Windows Spotlight Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight Issue: Hello, I was having trouble with the windows spotlight images cycling. At the login screen, it always showed the same one windows spotlight image. I followed this guide How to fix Windows Spotlight Lock screen errors on Windows 10 | Windows Central but it did NOT fix the...
  4. windows spotlight issue

windows spotlight issue: my windows spotlight background was stuck so i searched online and tried resetting and other various methods to solve the issue but none of them worked and i am where i started with windows spotlight not working and it looks like this settings it is completely blank i don't...
  5. Spotlight Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Spotlight Issues: Hi guys I believe this is the hottest thread of windows 10 and probably I should join one of the already opened discussions, but I want to describe in detail my situation. Well I have tried everything found in dozens of different sites including but not limited to: 1....
  6. Windows Spotlight issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight issues: Hi Spotlight has been stuck on one wallpaper for about a month. I tried some methods from different sites but none of them helped. I tried deleting files from Spotlight folder and changing settings files. Is it possible to force restart service or repair it in other way?...
  7. Windows Spotlight issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight issue: Dear Community members, I noticed that weather and other application notifications are not displayed on spotlight lock screen. when opening lock screen settings, all applications are displayed as red X mark please check the attached screenshot. is there anyway to fix this...
  8. window spotlight issue

window spotlight issue: on my window 10 laptop windows spotlight is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-spotlight-issue/069242fe-3609-4d01-bb47-11e93f16a773
  9. Windows Spotlight Issue

Windows Spotlight Issue: I have Windows Spotlight toggled on, but when locking my PC, only displays the image of some mountains with a red backpack. That is all that shows. No "Do you like this?" text or fun facts. How can I fix this?...
  10. And the issues continue...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    And the issues continue...: Okay, So I have managed to upgrade to Win 10 a total of 6 times now, each time I have had to revert back to 7 due to the same set of issues *Mad. Even though I am the 'Owner' of the C:/ drive, I cannot write to it, unless the program I am using (notepad for example) is...