Windows 10: Spotlight lockscreen does not show up details about the image.

Discus and support Spotlight lockscreen does not show up details about the image. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows is up to date and nearly a fresh install (meaning I only have it for a month or so and have some basic programs installed on it +bitdefender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by papajo_r, Sep 6, 2018.

1. papajo_r Win User

Spotlight lockscreen does not show up details about the image.

My windows is up to date and nearly a fresh install (meaning I only have it for a month or so and have some basic programs installed on it +bitdefender total security)

Spotlight used to work on the same PC same windows installation same 3rd party software

but now it doesnt.

The only thing I remember being different is that I have set Chrome as the default browser.

Oh I forgot to mention that the computer has 3 accounts (admin, user1,user2) they all have spotlight enabled for their lock screen

I also followed the steps mentioned here

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-windows-spotlight-stuck-same-image-windows-10

After doing that for only the Admin account details popped up!! but no picture (the background was default blue but it had details about some place I just forgot the specifics in other words details worked but it failed to load the image)

BUT

after -the same time details worked but no image on admin account- logging in on user1 and user 2 they had the regular problem.. image loads fine but no details.

Then I repeated the above steps for EVERY user and restarted

Now all users (Admin,user1,user2) have no details but images load fine on lock screen....

I also run an SFC scan and a dism scan 0 problems...

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access

:)

papajo_r, Sep 6, 2018
  2. John237 Win User

Lockscreen will not show Windows spotlight pictures

Switching to a picture does nothing on the lockscreen, login screen does show the image. If I change to a slideshow it does show the images, then the login screen shows the image in the preview in settings. Switching back to Spotlight leaves me with
    a black lockscreen with the text again...really don't want a slideshow

John237, Sep 6, 2018
  3. gmopro Win User
    Lockscreen - windows spotlight image

Can you only have the windows spotlight image and comments on the lockscreen or on the log in screen? , but not both?

This seems to be the case for me. I can see it on the lockscreen and also the comments there, but then i hit a key and the log in screen is just boring green. Is there a way to see the image on both screens? i can get it on one or the other by deselecting
    or selecting 'show background preview on log in screen.' Guess it can only be on one of them. at least i can now see the comments with the photo on the same page!

gmopro, Sep 6, 2018
  4. gmopro Win User

Lockscreen - windows spotlight image

thanks. i already know that though. already set to that.

the problem is that i can only see it on the lockscreen or on the sign in screen after the lock screen. that is the problem.

i can have it on one or the other depending on if i select or unselect the see spotlight image on sign in screen.

i take it off that and then it is on lockscreen, i put it on sign in screen and it is gone from lockscreen. that is the issue.

gmopro, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Spotlight lockscreen does not show up details about the image. - Similar Threads - Spotlight lockscreen does

2. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder:...
  3. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder. That no longer seems to be the case; if I go to that folder there...
  4. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder. That no longer seems to be the case; if I go to that folder there...
  5. Lockscreen-Windows Spotlight won't refresh daily images

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen-Windows Spotlight won't refresh daily images: Hello my Windows version is: OS Version 19042.964Recently, my antivirus, Mcafee Total Protection cleaned a few temp. files, and ever since then, Windows Spotlight won't refresh and change daily lockscreen images anymore.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance....
  6. Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Image Not Changing Due to Firewall

Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Image Not Changing Due to Firewall: Hi, I'm having the same question as @rontabs had in this Post Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Image Not Changing Due to Firewall - Microsoft Community Whitelisting both exe's did not help. I know if I disable the Windows Firewall Spotlight starts to work again. So can...
  7. About saving lock screen image of spotlight

About saving lock screen image of spotlight: I like my windows 10 lock screen wallpaper very much. So.i want to save the background image of windows spotlight as image format. So how i do this...
  8. Spotlight lockscreen showing a blue image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotlight lockscreen showing a blue image: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Retrograde-Planet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5cl8c/spotlight_lockscreen_showing_a_blue_image/
  9. Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen

Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen: Hi All - I've spent several hours trying to get this to work. I have 2 different accounts on my desktop. One account the same spotlight image is displayed on the sign-on screen and lock screen as expected. On the other account, I have everything set the same, but the...
  10. Lockscreen background image not showing on start

Lockscreen background image not showing on start: Thanks for taking a look at my issue. i have ticked the box to enable "show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen" however it works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes. More recently it just doesn't work at all. What do yuo think the reason could be? I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight does not show details

2. windows spotlight information not showing

3. spotligh info not showing

4. spolight not showing info on lockscreen,
  5. windows spotlight not showing up,
  6. windows spotlight does not show information,
  7. windows spotlight not showing info,
  8. spotlight not showing picture details,
  9. info on lock screen image not showing,
  10. spotlight image details,
  11. lockscreen with details,