Windows 10: Spotlight on Tinywall

Discus and support Spotlight on Tinywall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All! I'm using TinyWall on my Windows 10 PC, and although TinyWall is not designed especially for Windows 10, I still use it due to its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SniperAtWork, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Spotlight on Tinywall

Hi All!

I'm using TinyWall on my Windows 10 PC, and although TinyWall is not designed especially for Windows 10, I still use it due to its usefulness.

My question would be, what Windows service should be enabled on the firewall, in order to make my spotlight working because it doesn't work with this software. I found a similar forum entry in this forum and there I've read to enable "RuntimeBroker" service but this didn't help yet!

I just would like to know what is the exact service what changes Spotlight pictures regularly on my lock screen, to allow the traffic on Tinywall!

Thanks in advance!

Peter

:)

SniperAtWork, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 11, 2019
  3. RESOLVED - Windows Defender Firewall - Conflicts with Tinywall

Why does Windows Defender Firewall cause conflict with Tinywall. My Tinywall icon sits in the tray icon area all greyed out with Unknown Mode status.

Whilst Tinywall is installed Windows Defender Firewall also blocks internet access. To resolve the issue I have to turn Windows Defender Firewall off from the control panel and turn it on again.

Basically in recent updates Tinywall has been rendered useless by Windows Defender Firewall. How can I run Tinywall and WIndows Defender Firewall side-by-side?

When I turn Windows Defender Firewall off and launch Tinywall, Windows Defender Firewall automatically re-enables itself. Surely this seems like the code is intentionally targeting Tinywall.

Best security and protection comes in layers. I'd rather completely disable Windows Defender Firewal and stick to using Tinywall.

Soft Micro Apple, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Spotlight on Tinywall

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Spotlight on Tinywall

1. Spotlight on Tinywall - Similar Threads - Spotlight Tinywall

2. Questions about Hot Spot and Spotlight in lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Questions about Hot Spot and Spotlight in lock screen: Hello, I asked here on forum and found out something but not all answers. I went yesterday to bed and today after putting my PC out of sleep mode I found Magnifying Glass icons on my log in screen. They are part of spotlight. I never saw them before so I freaked out and...
  3. Was I hacked? spotlight/log in screen magnifying icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Was I hacked? spotlight/log in screen magnifying icons?: Hi, yesterday I turned off wifi connection on my pc and went to bed, I had Wifi router on. Today I woke up and went to log in my pc only to find out that I had magnifying glass icons on my spotlight/log in screen. There was a picture of mountain in the backgriund with those...
  4. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  5. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  6. .dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working.

.dat files are modified by WordPerfect and Windows Spotlight is not working.: Does anyone know how I can prevent WordPerfect from attaching itself to .dat files when I install the program? Every time it modifies .dat files windows 10 doesn't recognize then data file then anything that relies on the data file stops working ie Windows Spotlight....
  7. Any Windows Spotlight wallpaper app?

Any Windows Spotlight wallpaper app?: Hello!! I absolutely love the Windows 10 Spotlight images which are randomly displayed in login screen. Is there a way I can use the spotlight images as desktop background wallpapers via any app which will also change the images at some set interval? There are apps in MS...
  8. Any Windows Spotlight wallpaper app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Windows Spotlight wallpaper app?: Hello!! I absolutely love the Windows 10 Spotlight images which are randomly displayed in login screen. Is there a way I can use the spotlight images as desktop background wallpapers via any app which will also change the images at some set interval? There are apps in MS...
  9. Windows Spotlight

Windows Spotlight: Does anyone know what user Accounts have to do with Windows spotlight not working? Or Why does windows spotlight not work if my user account is corrupt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight/afd94257-b3b6-48f4-8cc5-06b767849801
  10. Windows Spotlight information missing - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight information missing - Windows 10: I really like the pictures that Windows 10 puts up on the lock screen. However, the part that gives me the information about the picture and where it comes from and asks if I like it often doesn't come up. If I move my mouse or hit the space bar it brings up the screen to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tinywall