Windows 10: Spotting and squashing spam on Google Search

Discus and support Spotting and squashing spam on Google Search in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When you search with Google, our goal is to provide you with results from relevant and authoritative sources. We work hard to ensure that search spam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Spotting and squashing spam on Google Search

Source: https://blog.google/products/search/...m-report-2017/

:)

Brink, Jun 8, 2018

2. Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Spotting and squashing spam on Google Search

1. Spotting and squashing spam on Google Search - Similar Threads - Spotting squashing spam

2. Preview Pane Images Squashed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane Images Squashed: I searched the forums and couldn't find a satisfactory answer to this issue. Some of my photos jpg files show incorrectly in the preview pane of Windows 10 Explorer. They appear squashed and because these photos were taken in portrait mode and Explorer is previewing them as...
  3. Stopping spam from google?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stopping spam from google?: It seems like google is becoming more and more annoying to use on a daily basis. If anyone has some solutions to some of these problems, please post them in this thread, thanks. Sometimes, if i search for something on google, google will show the video results in the middle...
  4. Stopping spam from google?

in Windows 10 Support
    Stopping spam from google?: It seems like google is becoming more and more annoying to use on a daily basis. If anyone has some solutions to some of these problems, please post them in this thread, thanks. Sometimes, if i search for something on google, google will show the video results in the middle...
  5. Spam on Google Slides and Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Spam on Google Slides and Drive: Hello. I keep getting random spam on Google Slides and Drive. I have removed much of my files on these places but still got one hit today. Is tthere a way to lock these down? I couldn't see anything obvious. 175604
  6. Stopping spam from google, youtube, etc.

in Browsers and Email
    Stopping spam from google, youtube, etc.: As some of you have probably noticed, ever since google took over youtube, the website has become increasingly worse, with user friendliness going down while spam, harrasment, popups etc has gone up. So i thought i would make this thread for users who just wants to use the...
  7. spam in google windows 10 email

spam in google windows 10 email: how do I stop spam email messages in my google chrome windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam-in-google-windows-10-email/0c38c7b8-13e7-4ac3-ac87-b19a94d28648
  8. google search

in Browsers and Email
    google search: Hi, when I click on google search button, it connects to page and instantly, the page goes dull and will not respond to any instructions. This seems to have happened since last Windows update. Help please, thanks Best regards. David 150578
  9. google search

in Windows 10 Support
    google search: Hi, when I click on google search button, it connects to page and instantly, the page goes dull and will not respond to any instructions. This seems to have happened since last Windows update. Help please, thanks Best regards. David 150578
  10. Spam in Google Drive

Spam in Google Drive: Is there anything I can do to prevent spam in Google Drive? Yesterday, I got notification in my phone from Drive that someone with Russian name who I don't know shared some PDF file with me that had photo inside how to make a money online. I removed it and reported. I've...