Windows 10: Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI

Discus and support Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is for any geeky mad scientist types that are interested in this sort of thing. I installed the April 2018 update (1803) on 4 PCs recently. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TV2, May 13, 2018.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI

This is for any geeky mad scientist types that are interested in this sort of thing.

I installed the April 2018 update (1803) on 4 PCs recently.
    I noticed a significant difference in the installation time between one older desktop and a newer laptop, the laptop took MUCH longer.

So when I did the update on an older laptop and a newer desktop I thought I would time it. Here are the results.

Laptop: 2010 vintage Gateway with I5-450M, 8GB RAM, wireless G connection.
    Desktop: I7-3820, 16GB RAM, Ethernet connection

Laptop install, start to finish: 3 hrs, 26 Min
    Initialize, Prepare to Download, Download, Awaiting install: 30 min
    Installing (WU): 2 Hrs, 10 Min
    Configure, Install, 4 Restarts: 1 hr

Desktop install, start to finish: 57 Min
    Initialize, Prepare to Download, Download, Awaiting install: 3 min
    Installing (WU): 33 Min
    Configure, Install, 4 Restarts: 21 min

Quite a difference.

The other PC’s were:
    Desktop I7-920, 6GB RAM, Ethernet connection - seemed as fast as the other desktop.
    Laptop: I5-7200U, 12GB RAM, Wireless N connection - and was slower. But not nearly as slow as the Gateway.
    Wish I timed those too.

:)

2. A clean Windows 10 Spring 2018 Creators Update installation

Hi,

I use the Pro version.

When the Windows 10 Spring 2018 Creators Update arrives I would like to take the opportunity (after I have imaged a back up) is to install the latest OS onto a wiped hard drive from scratch.

Where can I obtain the .iso's from please, and how can I check they come integrated with the actual Windows 10 Spring 2018 Creators Update version, and not any pre spring build?

i.e. will they show something like Build 1803?

Thanks guys

ol' Codger, May 16, 2018
  3. NEShaaN Win User
    Apps not launching after the update of Spring Creator Update (1803)

Hello,

I updated my pc to Spring Creator Update (1803) 3 days ago and I am already facing problem. When I launch the Apps, windows appear for 1/2 sec and disappears automatically. Anyone facing this problem besides me. Windows store and xbox works fine. But I cannot
    launch other apps and games in my pc.

Thanks in advance.

NEShaaN, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI

1. Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI - Similar Threads - Spring Update 1803

2. spring 2021 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spring 2021 update: creating a sytem image went from 2 minutes using a samsung t5 external drive.what iis the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/aee51f0a-b3d8-4b46-8fc6-dca1a98951f7
  3. Spring 2021 Update

Spring 2021 Update: Taking a long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/7a2e095c-4e8e-4f4e-af64-ced37fe0f1e6
  4. Spring Update on the Horizon

Spring Update on the Horizon: Can be sure the Win10 Spring Update Version 2004 is not far off, now... As of today Fast Track Insiders have moved on to 20H2 Builds. Obviously, meaning 20H1 is done & can be expected, soon. There's a good quantity of stuff <-- very techy term that most Folks will probably...
  5. fyi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fyi: Immediately after installing the 19041 upgrade, while I was reading a techraider review of claws email, I got a message saying it was from "disapproval" dot and a extension, claiming the Edge browser was corrupt and a phone number I googled and found was from Phoenix....
  6. Windows 10, Spring Update (1803) - Will the Fall Update Resolve USB Issues?

Windows 10, Spring Update (1803) - Will the Fall Update Resolve USB Issues?: It's been more than 10 days since I installed the Spring update so I cannot roll back to 1709. Rather than reset my PC and have to reinstall a bunch of software, I would rather wait for the Fall update. Will the Fall update address the Spring updates issues with USB ports not...
  7. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86
  8. Windows 10 1803 Spring Update made hidden recovery partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1803 Spring Update made hidden recovery partition: Steps needed to relocate recovery folder back to C: & to delete recovery partition: Creators Update creates new hidden partition PQ MirOS - Windows 10 Forums
  9. W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC: I defer any major feature update for 6 months to let others iron out the faults created by dodgy MS software engineering.
  10. Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803)

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803): Try this one, but it probably does not work for Home. Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "DoNotUseWebResults" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f Policy CSP - Search | Microsoft Docs[/quote] No luck with this one too for Home ed. Thanks for...