Windows 10: SPro1 turns-on to Shutting Down screen, help please!

Discus and support SPro1 turns-on to Shutting Down screen, help please! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Shut down SPro1 last night and then packed it away, went to turn it on later-on, got the Surface logo, and then instead of logging-into Windows, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Oct 13, 2019.

1. ksdixon Win User

SPro1 turns-on to Shutting Down screen, help please!

Shut down SPro1 last night and then packed it away, went to turn it on later-on, got the Surface logo, and then instead of logging-into Windows, it went to a Shutting Down screen instead.

Longpress Power for 30 secs, Two button shutdown (Vol Up+Power for 15 secs), Longpress Vol Down+Power, nothing seems to be turning the SPro1 off properly. Only way I can get it off is to let the battery run down completely. After that I can charge it for a bit, turn it on to see the Surface logo, and then instead of logging-into Windows, go to the Shutting Down screen instead; again.

What can I do here?

:)

ksdixon, Oct 13, 2019
  2. simpk5 Win User

used Spro1 - usb drives only work when in a usb hub?

Sorry. Read too quick and didn't realize your hub is not powered. I was suggesting Spro1 wasn't putting out enough "juice". Please ignore.

simpk5, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Screen shut down at different intervals

Thank you Ron; but that is the first thing I did when I installed the operating system. That was the fist thing I did on any operating system I installed. Even though, I did it again just to make sure; no luck. Besides, the screen "shuts off" at different
    times. I believe it a Malware program. Any suggestions?

I appreciate your help,

David

David J. Spinelli, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

1. SPro1 turns-on to Shutting Down screen, help please! - Similar Threads - SPro1 turns Shutting

2. my computer wont shut down please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer wont shut down please help: So my power went out whilst my computer was on and it lost power now that my power is back on I opened my computer and went to shut it down but it did the whole shutting down screen my 2 monitors turned off and then it just opened back up please help....
  3. my computer wont shut down please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer wont shut down please help: So my power went out whilst my computer was on and it lost power now that my power is back on I opened my computer and went to shut it down but it did the whole shutting down screen my 2 monitors turned off and then it just opened back up please help....
  4. Automatically - SLide to shut down appears on my screen and shuts down the laptop - please...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically - SLide to shut down appears on my screen and shuts down the laptop - please...: Hi,Automatically Slide to shut down appears - I dont even touch the computer and it shuts down. Please HelpRegardsMegha Chowdhary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-slide-to-shut-down-appears-on-my/c8a60b53-178f-4111-b74f-71e2756f7586
  5. GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nesquiknessi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4hxd5/grey_restarting_and_shutting_down_screen_please/
  6. My laptop can't shut down!!! Please help!

My laptop can't shut down!!! Please help!: I have an HP laptop. And the issue is that I can't shut it down. I can restart, I can shut it down with Cmd, by typing shutdown /s But when I click the Shutdown button, then my laptop shows shutting down and then goes black and then I suddenly see the lock screen. Man please...
  7. Please help -- Windows shutting down every hour or so with...

Please help -- Windows shutting down every hour or so with...: Hi all, I upgraded to the May 2004 update in April, but since then my computer started crashing once a week or so. As of today, it crashes every hour with the above message. I've used WhoCrashed to see the culprit: On Mon 6/1/2020 4:16:26 PM your computer crashed or a...
  8. Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help

Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help: [ATTACH] It gives me this error every single time i shut down. after it goes to 100% then it turns off, any ideas how to fix this? error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"...
  9. shut down screen

shut down screen: When my computer shuts down a screen sometimes appears either with some form of error message or that an app has not closed. The screen closes so fast I am not able to completely read the message. I tried, but I can't find a way to stop or pause the screen to be able to...
  10. Help on Computer Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help on Computer Shutting Down: Hello -I am looking for help on fixing unwanted shut down on my computer. I asked the same question a few weeks ago and which was kindly answered ( thank you ) . That has helped but the problem seems to have returned today. ( I couldn't return to thank those that replied as...